Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Vick Has Been Approved For Early Release

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3936529

Traning camp anyone
Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll hide my dog.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
gramage

Electronic monitoring? The ankle bracelet will definately affect his ability to escape the pocket.

I can't wait to see if teams come calling. I suppose there's a small chance I'll be suprised and given a shred of hope for the human race again, but more likely I will be repulsed by the sight of teams begging this guy to come and save them, at which point the question becomes can I watch the NFL and keep my dignity?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramage View Post
Electronic monitoring? The ankle bracelet will definately affect his ability to escape the pocket.

I can't wait to see if teams come calling. I suppose there's a small chance I'll be suprised and given a shred of hope for the human race again, but more likely I will be repulsed by the sight of teams begging this guy to come and save them, at which point the question becomes can I watch the NFL and keep my dignity?
Jesus, he is a good player and HE FOUGHT DOGS. If you can watch the NFL after Leonard Little killed someone while driving drunk, you can watch the NFL with someone who fought dogs. Fighting animals like this has been an accepted part of human culture for the vast majority of the time we have been on Earth. Is it a disgusting practice? Of course, but there are numerous people worse than Vick in every professional sport. I have more respect for Vick than I do for all those people who have been convicted of spousal abuse.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
gramage

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Jesus, he is a good player and HE FOUGHT DOGS. If you can watch the NFL after Leonard Little killed someone while driving drunk, you can watch the NFL with someone who fought dogs. Fighting animals like this has been an accepted part of human culture for the vast majority of the time we have been on Earth. Is it a disgusting practice? Of course, but there are numerous people worse than Vick in every professional sport. I have more respect for Vick than I do for all those people who have been convicted of spousal abuse.
My issues with spousal abuse and it's general acceptance in society are too long to get into, and I it does has made me question watching sports before. Thats the problem I have, so far I've kept blocking it but every time there's another one of these headlines it becomes harder.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea people do stupid **** but it doesn't mean you should never get another chance. I hate Vick the player but **** I have friends who have fought pits and I do not think they should never have a chance at anything
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My issues with spousal abuse and it's general acceptance in society are too long to get into, and I it does has made me question watching sports before. Thats the problem I have, so far I've kept blocking it but every time there's another one of these headlines it becomes harder.
Like Charles Barkley said, these people are not role models. I don't care what they do on their own time. If they entertain me, they have done their job. That is all I give a damn about when it comes to sports. If they commit a crime, let them receive the punishment, but if they are still capable of playing at a high enough level, I see no reason not to let them back.

But getting into my issues with dog fighting being banned in the first place will just lead to another warning. Needless to say, animals=/humans and they shouldn't be treated or protected as such.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'll hide my dog.
i loled, id like to see him go to houston, for whatever reason id just like to see him make a name of their franchise

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

As much as I love the Saints, I would not watch any games if Vick were signed. Not until he was released from the roster. Good thing we don't sign guys with character issues.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
As much as I love the Saints, I would not watch any games if Vick were signed. Not until he was released from the roster. Good thing we don't sign guys with character issues.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because he is on your team you will not watch?? I mean your team sucked forever and you watched right? So would the reason be because he was into dog fighting??
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That's debatable.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because he is on your team you will not watch?? I mean your team sucked forever and you watched right? So would the reason be because he was into dog fighting??
Yeah, that's the reason. My team sucking is hard to watch but I'm not watching a guy who fought, drowned, slammed to the ground, hung and electrocuted dogs for the fun of it, play for my favorite sports team. In no way can I cheer for this guy.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
That's debatable.
I'll change that to was a good player. He was definitely in the top half of QBs in the league, and I am guessing he would upgrade the QB position for about 7-8 teams right now.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont get how you can be so cruel to a dog. what part of "mans best friend" do people not get

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a piece of filth, that's all I think of him, where he goes... whatever.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i dont get how you can be so cruel to a dog. what part of "mans best friend" do people not get
What part of the expression it's going to be a dog fight don't you understand?

Dog fighting wasn't even a felony in most states until the 1980s and it would have taken longer than that if it weren't for the PETA nuts.

You all need to stop letting the media dictate your outrage.

As far as Vick's career goes, the ball is officially in the court of the commissioner.

Timing will be everything for Vick. He needs to wait a little while and meet with the commissioner before applying for re-reinstatement to better his chances of getting a shot this year.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop expecting everybody else to live up to your moral standards and it'll make life a hell of a lot easier.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get it. You only have to watch him play. its not like u have to like him as a person or like all his actions

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I dont get it. You only have to watch him play. its not like u have to like him as a person or like all his actions
Exactly. I mean if I liked Vick as a player and I did not have a QB than **** I would take him. I understand he did cruel **** to dogs and it is unacceptable. I just think that people are going to far. I mean it is just dogs it is not like he killed people or tortured people. (I am a dog lover had dogs all my life) They weren't other peoples dogs they were dogs that were trained to fight so they were worthless anyway.

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
gramage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Stop expecting everybody else to live up to your moral standards and it'll make life a hell of a lot easier.
It's less about them living to my standards as me living up to my own, and when I give my time, interest and money to a sport that allows losers like this to get rich I don't like what it says about me.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he should be allowed back in the NFL but that's my opinion.

Not going to get into the whole argument, but his crimes were malicious and on purpose, not in the heat of the moment or anything like that. He should be kept out.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's less about them living to my standards as me living up to my own, and when I give my time, interest and money to a sport that allows losers like this to get rich I don't like what it says about me.
Why do u care what those guys did? I dont understand that.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope some team gets him. I love watching him play. I think any kind of banning from the league is ridiculous, he was convicted of a crime and has served his time. Yes, it was a horrendous crime, but if it were a crime serious enough to ban somebody from working again, the punishment would be life in prison.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Why do u care what those guys did? I dont understand that.
How can you just turn a blind eye to what Vick has done? Just imagine him doing that to your dog. Would you still love him?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick's return to the NFL will be somewhat akin to Pacman's. It'll generate a lot of press and hype, but he won't make much of a difference for a team on the field. Vick is older, has not even practiced football in years and probably isn't quite the same athlete he was.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote