Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Some people even eat dogs... Just saying...
The Chinese do.

I seriously dont see the big deal. Obviously i love dog, i loved my dog a lot. But if they eat dogs, whats the difference to people who eat cows? or pigs?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
The Chinese do.

I seriously dont see the big deal. Obviously i love dog, i loved my dog a lot. But if they eat dogs, whats the difference to people who eat cows? or pigs?
Cows and Pigs are live stock. Eating house pets like Cats and Dogs is more of a taboo.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taboo? why? why is it a taboo?
because some people said so?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I'd try dog. I love dogs but if its already dead and cooked its not like me declining to eat it is gonna change anything.
Ya, I don't understand why it is any different to eat cow than it is dog. If it isn't a pet dog, I don't see why it matters.
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See the sig. Hopefully some team will give him the opportunity to play.
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All animals are equal. Some animals, however, are more equal than others.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Taboo? why? why is it a taboo?
because some people said so?
A taboo is a strong social prohibition (or ban) against words, objects, actions, or discussions that are considered undesirable or offensive by a group, culture, society, or community.

The majority of society do find eating house pets undesirable and offensive, that's why it's taboo.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
See the sig. Hopefully some team will give him the opportunity to play.
Well apparently dog fighting is the one sin that is unforgivable...but yes I am waiting on a rebirth of Vick myself.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had dog before. It's pretty good.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
A taboo is a strong social prohibition (or ban) against words, objects, actions, or discussions that are considered undesirable or offensive by a group, culture, society, or community.

The majority of society do find eating house pets undesirable and offensive, that's why it's taboo.
1. people have Pigs as pets, even cows.

2. Because society says: eww, its automatically wrong?

3. still dont understand WHY that taboo was formed

Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
1. people have Pigs as pets, even cows.

2. Because society says: eww, its automatically wrong?

3. still dont understand WHY that taboo was formed
Taboo is just something that is not normal to most of us. Like incest. The majority of people don't condone this action, so it's taboo.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In this country. In India it is taboo to eat cows. In Islamic country, it is taboo to eat pork. To say to eat anything is wrong is just saying that your culture is better than any others. You can say, in this country, it is more socially acceptable to eat cows, but not dogs. But you cannot say it is WRONG to eat dogs.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Taboo is just something that is not normal to most of us. Like incest. The majority of people don't condone this action, so it's taboo.
WHY dont they condone this action. WHY dont they condone eating dogs? and dont say its because its a taboo

Old 02-26-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
There is good reason for incest to be taboo, and thats why incest has been taboo in every major culture for thousands and thousands of years. Mass amounts of inbreeding leads to recessive genes becoming very prevalent in a population.

There is also some good historical reasons not to eat pork, the most obvious being that it is extremely dangerous if not prepared properly. There is no real reason eating dogs is taboo.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Ya, I don't understand why it is any different to eat cow than it is dog. If it isn't a pet dog, I don't see why it matters.
Well because humans have formed emotional bonds in our culture with dogs and essentially created a symbiotic relationship with them. This gives them inherent value to society and we tend to value their lives more than other animals. Not at the same level as humans but definitely significant enough that we would like to enforce humane treatment of them. Obviously this changes from culture to culture(e.g. cows in India, although more for religious reasons).

I agree with this hierarchy cuz i love dogs, but I could see someone arguing against it.

In reference to pigs, with the more and more pot belly pigs becoming domesticated as pets, it wouldn't surprise me to see the culture shift in a direction away from eating pork.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not this member of society...I'll eat piggy forever..
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Well because humans have formed emotional bonds in our culture with dogs and essentially created a symbiotic relationship with them. This gives them inherent value to society and we tend to value their lives more than other animals. Not at the same level as humans but definitely significant enough that we would like to enforce humane treatment of them. Obviously this changes from culture to culture(e.g. cows in India, although more for religious reasons).

I agree with this hierarchy cuz i love dogs, but I could see someone arguing against it.

In reference to pigs, with the more and more pot belly pigs becoming domesticated as pets, it wouldn't surprise me to see the culture shift in a direction away from eating pork.
I will continue to eat pork, society be damned. Pork is absolutely amazing.

I disagree that dogs should be treated better than any other animals. I think pets should be treated better than other animals, but not all dogs need to be, or are, pets.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
In this country. In India it is taboo to eat cows. In Islamic country, it is taboo to eat pork. To say to eat anything is wrong is just saying that your culture is better than any others. You can say, in this country, it is more socially acceptable to eat cows, but not dogs. But you cannot say it is WRONG to eat dogs.
I don't know enough about other cultures to really comment. I'm speaking mainly for the US when I say eating dogs is a taboo. If you took a poll, I bet most of the US would not condone eating dogs.

Quote:
WHY dont they condone this action. WHY dont they condone eating dogs? and dont say its because its a taboo
In the US, most would be shocked and in horror with the idea of eating a house pet. I've said this already. I know they used to kill their first born in China, now that would be another taboo for us.

Last edited by SaintsMan : 02-26-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm going to buy a Vick jersey just because of the reactions that some people have.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I don't know enough about other cultures to really comment. I'm speaking mainly for the US when I say eating dogs is a taboo. If you took a poll, I bet most of the US would not condone eating dogs.
that just means they wouldnt want to. this doesnt mean anything

Old 02-26-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
But that doesn't make it wrong, that's my argument. I agree with you that it is a taboo in our country. I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement. According to our societal norms it is "wrong." But in general terms of morality it isn't. Just like I don't believe fighting dogs to be wrong, personally, I wouldn't ever watch a dog fight, and it is illegal, but Vick has served his time and he should now be allowed to continue his chosen line of work, as long as he is still good enough of course.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In the US, most would be shocked and in horror with the idea of eating a house pet. I've said this already. I know they used to kill their first born in China, now that would be another taboo for us.
Comparing killing a firstborn to eating a dog, come on man...

Would I ever eat a dog? No. Do I care if other people do? Nope.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I think I'm going to buy a Vick jersey just because of the reactions that some people have.

The best is going to some kind of animal club meeting with one on.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
that just means they wouldnt want to. this doesnt mean anything
But that's what makes it a taboo.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
The best is going to some kind of animal club meeting with one on.
Hahaha that would be awesome. Did you actually do that?