Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Comparing killing a firstborn to eating a dog, come on man...

Would I ever eat a dog? No. Do I care if other people do? Nope.
I'm in no way comparing the two. I'm just listing another taboo for *** wang.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am buying one, no matter what team. I hope he goes doesnt go to anyone in the NFC West, because I don't want to see him twice a year on the other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
But that doesn't make it wrong, that's my argument. I agree with you that it is a taboo in our country. I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement. According to our societal norms it is "wrong." But in general terms of morality it isn't. Just like I don't believe fighting dogs to be wrong, personally, I wouldn't ever watch a dog fight, and it is illegal, but Vick has served his time and he should now be allowed to continue his chosen line of work, as long as he is still good enough of course.
In terms of morality, I guess it really depends on the individual. Yeah yes, it's a crime in our country and morally wrong imo. And fighting dogs in bad enough, but I'm more upset about the other things that went on. Hanging them, slamming them on the ground over and over again until they died, drownings, and even electrocution. I doubt they do those things in other cultures to kill the dogs and at least they eat them, Vick and co did it for no reaosn.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
The best is going to some kind of animal club meeting with one on.
Suicide...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like trkaline said earlier Vick did not do that to the dogs. He was basically funding what was going on. I am pretty sure he is not the one who was doing all the stuff he just knew about it and it was his **** so he got in trouble for it. I have friends that did the same thing (fight pitbulls) People usually hang the dogs if they get to bad off from fighting. It is just ridiculous to say that he shouldn't play in the nfl when people like Like Lenard Little killed someone and Pacman got someone shot and all kinds of stuff that happens with people. You think Vick will do it again? No. So he probably learned from his MISTAKE. I doubt this will do anything for you since you said you would DIVORCE YOUR WIFE IF YOU FOUND OUT SHE DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
But that's what makes it a taboo.
but a taboo then isnt a reason for it being wrong

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In terms of morality, I guess it really depends on the individual. Yeah yes, it's a crime in our country and morally wrong imo. And fighting dogs in bad enough, but I'm more upset about the other things that went on. Hanging them, slamming them on the ground over and over again until they died, drownings, and even electrocution. I doubt they do those things in other cultures to kill the dogs and at least they eat them, Vick and co did it for no reaosn.
According to your set of morals it is wrong, morals are relative to each person.

Those dogs were not going to a good family, they were trained to fight, they were vicious. Killing them was the only thing that was going to happen to those things. I don't understand why they didn't just shoot them in the head, at least do it humanely.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Like trkaline said earlier Vick did not do that to the dogs. He was basically funding what was going on. I am pretty sure he is not the one who was doing all the stuff he just knew about it and it was his **** so he got in trouble for it. I have friends that did the same thing (fight pitbulls) People usually hang the dogs if they get to bad off from fighting. It is just ridiculous to say that he shouldn't play in the nfl when people like Like Lenard Little killed someone and Pacman got someone shot and all kinds of stuff that happens with people. You think Vick will do it again? No. So he probably learned from his MISTAKE. I doubt this will do anything for you since you said you would DIVORCE YOUR WIFE IF YOU FOUND OUT SHE DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT
I do think that players like Little (haven't heard about that one) and Jones should not be able to play in the NFL. Vick is probably disappointed that he got caught and has no remorse for what he has done. And didn't I say I viewed my dogs as my children? If you kill one of my dogs, you kill one of my children. That person would be dead to me, no matter what relation. That's just how I feel.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do think that players like Little (haven't heard about that one) and Jones should not be able to play in the NFL. Vick is probably disappointed that he got caught and has no remorse for what he has done. And didn't I say I viewed my dogs as my children? If you kill one of my dogs, you kill one of my children. That person would be dead to me, no matter what relation. That's just how I feel.
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT KILLING PET DOGS! These dogs were no ones pets. They were bred and raised as killing machines. NO ONE KILLED ANYONES PETS!

You may need to seek help if you consider dogs as important as children. Not saying that getting really pissed off at someone who killed your pet isnt justifiable, but to compare them to children is a little over the top.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
According to your set of morals it is wrong, morals are relative to each person.

Those dogs were not going to a good family, they were trained to fight, they were vicious. Killing them was the only thing that was going to happen to those things. I don't understand why they didn't just shoot them in the head, at least do it humanely.
True, that's why I'm outraged and a lot people are like who cares. I saw some of the videos that were released. Not all of those dogs wanted to fight. And I agree, at the very least shoot them in the head. No, cause that would cost them money to buy bullets, I guess
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just think that you are being a little to harsh considering what people get away with. I mean do you not believe that people should get a second chance? I mean even if he doesn't feel remorse for it he still will not take the chance and do it again.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The number of people here who don't believe in redemption is astounding. I don't want to get into my personal views as a whole, but believe me I do not stand for dog fighting.

Yet I'm baffled here. If you're so righteous about cruelty to animals why do you not believe in second chances? What moral standard do you have that doesn't allow second chances?

I'll never be O.K. with what Vick did, but instead of letting rage control my feelings, I would like to think that he has the capacity to realize what he did was wrong and change himself for the better.

No one lives a cruel free life guys. And I'd imaging a good percentage of the forum viewers here do very little to change that. Now obviously not everyone is going out and purposely living a cruel life, but again I bet a vast majority of the people on here do things that purposely inflicts harm onto animals.

Where ever your moral line is drawn, you need to not let your feelings cloud what could be a great moment for a human being to regain a life again.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no point in trying to reason with Vick apologists. They will just make excuses and spin the truth. They were the same ones who first said he did nothing wrong and that people were just 'hatin'. They played every card from the government conspiracy to get Vick card to the racism card. They were also telling everyone Vick would only be in jail 1 year. No matter how many times they are wrong they will defend the guy to the end simply because he was fun to watch. Vick will return to the league, have little impact and be out of it again after a season or 2. They will swear to you he will return and take the league by storm.

Last edited by Halsey : 02-26-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
The number of people here who don't believe in redemption is astounding. I don't want to get into my personal views as a whole, but believe me I do not stand for dog fighting.

Yet I'm baffled here. If you're so righteous about cruelty to animals why do you not believe in second chances? What moral standard do you have that doesn't allow second chances?

I'll never be O.K. with what Vick did, but instead of letting rage control my feelings, I would like to think that he has the capacity to realize what he did was wrong and change himself for the better.

No one lives a cruel free life guys. And I'd imaging a good percentage of the forum viewers here do very little to change that. Now obviously not everyone is going out and purposely living a cruel life, but again I bet a vast majority of the people on here do things that purposely inflicts harm onto animals.

Where ever your moral line is drawn, you need to not let your feelings cloud what could be a great moment for a human being to regain a life again.
**** the bengals but you are RIGHT. That is my point. OH NO HE IS SO BAD HE SHOULD NEVER PLAY AGAIN. When if it was your son who did that to dogs(not your dogs just dogs) you would want him to have a second chance right?? If not you are just as bad as vick

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's the reason. My team sucking is hard to watch but I'm not watching a guy who fought, drowned, slammed to the ground, hung and electrocuted dogs for the fun of it, play for my favorite sports team. In no way can I cheer for this guy.
So what they were animals i feel like he should have not even had to go to prison. To me the inhumane part was taking away part of a humans life over a bunch of killer dogs.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT KILLING PET DOGS! These dogs were no ones pets. They were bred and raised as killing machines. NO ONE KILLED ANYONES PETS!

You may need to seek help if you consider dogs as important as children. Not saying that getting really pissed off at someone who killed your pet isnt justifiable, but to compare them to children is a little over the top.
A lot of people who loves pets, call them their children. I do have a 3 week old daughter and I would not say my dogs and daughter are equal.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
There's no point in trying to reason with Vick apologists. They will just make excuses make and spin the truth. They were the same ones who first said he did nothing wrong and that people were just 'hatin'. They played every card from the government conspiracy to get Vick card to the racism card. They were also telling everyone Vick would only be in jail 1 year. No matter how many times they are wrong they will defend the guy to the end simply because he was fun to watch. Vick will return to the league, have little impact and be out of it again after a season or 2. They will swear to you he will return and take the league by storm.
First off I hate Vick. If you were to ask anyone who knows me they will tell you that I hate him and I hate watching him play. So with that said your post is wrong because I am just saying that he deserves a second chance

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
So what they were animals i feel like he should have not even had to go to prison. To me the inhumane part was taking away part of a humans life over a bunch of killer dogs.
Easy now, the dogs were only killer because they were bred and raised that way. I've happily lived with several pits that have been both kind and loving to people of all ages.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A lot of people who loves pets, call them their children. I do have a 3 week old daughter and I would not say my dogs and daughter are equal.
I think all those people have problems they need to get worked out. Animals/=children.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Yea this is not a place for racists talks. Leave that alone

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I just think that you are being a little to harsh considering what people get away with. I mean do you not believe that people should get a second chance? I mean even if he doesn't feel remorse for it he still will not take the chance and do it again.
He should get a second chance at life. I hope he can learn from this and become a better person but I do not think he should be allowed back into the NFL.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He should get a second chance at life. I hope he can learn from this and become a better person but I do not think he should be allowed back into the NFL.
So the NFL should be an elite club of moral standards? Where should he work that having a past of dog fighting is O.K. in contrast to the NFL where it isn't O.K.?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why??? I mean I understand you would breast feed your dogs but if the NFL lets a murderer back in the NFL why not a person who owned the place and funded the place where people killed dogs???

John Wall
Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Easy now, the dogs were only killer because they were bred and raised that way. I've happily lived with several pits that have been both kind and loving to people of all ages.
Yeah i understand all of that, so what do you think he should have done with the dogs and do you think they should have taken time out of Vick's life that he will never get back over them
Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
I think all those people have problems they need to get worked out. Animals/=children.
And that's why I said. Children >>>>> Animals. I love my pets and call them my children but I know they aren't.