Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Free Agency Thread

It has begun.

We're apparently making a push at signing TJ, doubtful it happens however nice to have some optimism on the topic.

Eagles showing interest in Andrews.

Benson, you better stay here.

PFT is down, more updates to come I guess, should be interesting.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Surprised at the TJ late run? I had moved on from him because there was no way of us being competitive with the other teams vying for this popular FA. Perhaps all the signals coming from Lewis on how important TJ is to him/team is translating into something. My prediction if its not completed real soon the lower the chances that he will be a Bengal.

Agree Benson is important signing we need to close

Hopeful we will do something on OL
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrews is off to the Eagles barring a physical

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7530
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunate to see Andrews go but I think we were all pretty much expecting that.

Looks like Derrick Ward is coming in for a visit per Bengals.com. That could be a nice add.

The Bengals also resigned Chris Crocker to a four year deal.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 02-27-2009 at 03:54 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crocker was surprising last season, glad to have him back.

Ward is interesting, even if we re-sign Benson there's still no one else capable of a whole lot. I still think Perry can do something running the ball but it won't take away his fumblitis.

Saw somewhere I think Landon had to take a pay cut to stay in Carolina. Not surprising, he's a great backup but I don't want him as my starter going into the season.

EDIT: Looks like the Eagles signed Andrews to play RT. I think that's a mistake, the only reason I wanted him back was for RG.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 02-27-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not liking the idea of Ward being our featured back. Now if we went with a Benson/Ward combo, that would be pretty awesome.

Looks like TJ is being humbled. According to reports that I've seen, the interest in him isn't what he was expecting. Nor is the money. Who knows, maybe he reup's here for less than we thought and he plays with an angry chip on his shoulder.

Other than that there doesn't appear to be many free agents left that would step right in and help. We got Crocker back, they're trying to address RB, and I'm sure they'll look at a backup QB. But, for now, looks like we'll have to address the offensive line in the draft.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that TJ mentioned he wants to make a decision sooner rather than later, so well see how this plays out with our chances of resigning him.

Haven't seen them bringing anyone in yet to address OL so agree this will be our main focus in draft.

The Benson/Ward combo would be ideal for me, however, not sure if this is in the Bengals plans. Most likely a either/or scenerio.

About Kitna as CP backup if he becomes available? Seen reports that Detroit may move on from him. He knows our system and is good buddies with CP. He would be a real solid backup which is needed for this team.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
staubach41
Rookie

staubach41 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah TJ wants to be on a team by Saturday. I would love Kitna back as backup, he is a solid locker room guy and has experience.

How much cap room do we have? I know we have about 5 million in tenders but I thought we have somewhere in the 30 million dollar range free.
staubach41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm all for Kitna if he is released. I'd just assume have a veteran.

I agree on only being for Ward IF Benson is signed as well.

I'm starting to like our chances with TJ. Given Philly has bowed out (allegedly anyway), he visited Seattle and is going to Minnesota (who is going to get you the ball TJ?).

There's not a huge demand for him. He's not getting much love from the teams he wanted and other teams aren't sure what to expect from him as a #1 type guy. We know what to expect.

Not sure on cap room to be honest, not too concerned though because you know we won't use it all (thanks Mikey).
Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can come out of this with Benson or Ward along with TJ, that would be more than I ever expected. They do however have to find a quality QB somewhere.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to look at some of the Centers available. Birk would be a great addition.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Starting to look like TJ is heading to Minnesota.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Birk is not even looking to go anywhere else he will stay with the vikings Brown was are best chance at getting a starting C in FA now we are going to have to take a center 1st day
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think think Ward would be HUGE to sign. He is a big play guy that we need.
I hope we can also land some help at DE and make it less of a priority and we can focus on the O-Line early and confidently without having to decide between a pass rusher or lineman early. Then take a project guy later on.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Along with no real starting RB, just thought I'd remind everyone that Jordan Palmer is our backup QB. Eh, I'm sure someone will come up eventually to backup.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:58 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Today will be decision day for TJ, seems like MN due to him spending the night. I am impressed with the reported $ package Bengals put together, thats a serious offer although one could argue they could of went about it a different way by tagging him. Some talk about L Coles if TJ doesn't resign with us, I wouldn't overpay for him.

Dont think there are any centers worth pursuing, Brown was my only hope (Birk wont leave MN)

Benson or Ward signing is a priorty. We just have too many needs to fill

Agree DE FA would make sense
Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea, I was really surprised to hear we offered TJ that kind of money. A bigger contract than Plax apparently.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see us pursue Cato June or Derrick Brooks. Either one could be a leader for the defense not to mention Keith Rivers learning from Derrick Brooks = heaven.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooks and June don't fit their def scheme would rather have them draft a young LB that fits their scheme
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Brooks can play in nearly any system IMO. I agree about June.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-02-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ward is wanting Michael Turner money (yuck).
Benson is talking well about the Texans (he's kinda from there).

Not very encouraging on the RB front.

With that said, I'm very happy with the way the FO is handling TJ. At this point, I'm content with him not re-signing here given the fact that we seem to have the highest offer.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Ward is ALMOST worth that much. If we draft Andre Brown in 3 or 4, a Brown/Ward duo would be sweet.

I still think if we can a DE and/or a LB in FA, resigning Benson won't be as big of a need.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-02-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think they have to walk out of FA with a RB. Whether its Ward or Benson, it just has to happen. Even if they have to over pay for Ward, He's probably the best option.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-02-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I like what Ward brings, if we over pay him, I will be fine because it would make him our feature back and for a 4 year player, he has the carries of a 2 year guy and averages something like 5.6 a carry last season.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Skins just cut Jason Taylor.....I know it's improbable but I really wish we would send the money we had for TJ plus some.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack