Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
But no one can get it. What happens is the Redskins just lose it. The Pats didn't trade away their first rounder with the scandal they had about 2 years ago, it was forfeited. Since Hynesworth was a UFA, no team can lay claims to a first round pick from him. Tenesse might get a compensatory pick for him next year, but no team can get an extra first rounder for doing nothing.
What the hell are you talking about? I said they'd have to trade their first rounder because Fat Albert got all of the money that would be needed to sign him, and you somehow decide it's a scandal requiring them to give a pick to another team?

...It's not getting a extra first rounder for nothing. It's TRADING. By definition, you have to give up something.

Duh?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see why monomach and I are so confused. He is under the assumption the Skins are under the cap. I am going by the hypothetical that the skins won't be under the cap, and I think i remember the 49ers lost a few guys and a first rounder because they were over the cap in the late 90s. OK if the skins are under the cap and can't afford the first round pay, they'll trade it, monomach your right there. I was talking about if they are over the cap and can't get under the NFL will penalize them and they would have to forfeit the pick.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Snyder can make it rain.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snyder is never gonna be over the cap, ever

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I see why monomach and I are so confused. He is under the assumption the Skins are under the cap. I am going by the hypothetical that the skins won't be under the cap, and I think i remember the 49ers lost a few guys and a first rounder because they were over the cap in the late 90s. OK if the skins are under the cap, they'll trade it, monomach your right there. I was talking about if they are over the cap and can't get under the NFL will penalize them and they would have to forfeit the pick.
No, Monomach and you are not confused. It's just you.

You're operating on a strange assumption.

Teams don't go over the cap anymore. The standard operating procedure provided for by the rules is for the commish to reject any contract that would put a team over the cap.

Therefore, it is obvious that vets will be cut before Fat Albert actually signs the paper. If they're not, the commish makes Albert's payday disappear and Dan Snyder looks like a drooling moron to everyone in the world.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is crazy and we are still gonna sign 2or 3more people to, i wonder what canty is going to get. We really dont have to cut anybody but i beleive the only reason springs was on the roster was because we didnt know if we were getting hall back, but i think he is going to be the only one that gets cut. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, of course we are going to be able to sign our first round pick.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
This is crazy and we are still gonna sign 2or 3more people to, i wonder what canty is going to get. We really dont have to cut anybody but i beleive the only reason springs was on the roster was because we didnt know if we were getting hall back, but i think he is going to be the only one that gets cut. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, of course we are going to be able to sign our first round pick.
I don't think you understand the salary cap...

You can't put 12 gallons of water in a one gallon container...
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I don't think you understand the salary cap...

You can't put 12 gallons of water in a one gallon container...
And i dont think you understand the redskins......

They been there and done that.......

damn the cap in 1994 was $34.608 Mill lol
Old 02-27-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
And i dont think you understand the redskins......

They been there and done that.......

damn the cap in 1994 was $34.608 Mill lol
Yes, they've been there and done that. They've CUT PLAYERS, like I said.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Im telling you they are only going to cut one/trade one
Old 02-27-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:

Every post you've had has been either inaccurate or full of jealousy towards the Skins. You wish that they would have to give up a first rounder but the reality is that they utilize and max out the cap every year... This year we'll sign some big FA's and sign all of our draft picks and have a little wiggle room during the season. They restructured like 6 people and still have guys they could release to free up 16-20 mil... Don't hate the Skins because they are the best cap managers in football year in and year out and utilize it to full capacity while others sit by and watch...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
still have guys they could release to free up 16-20 mil... .
It's kind of funny that you say I'm jealous of the Skins. What is there to be jealous of? You guys sign big nakmes for way too much money and fail, year after year. I'm cool with the Bears not doing that.

You just said that my posts are inaccurate, but you went and agreed with me. Funny how that works. "You're a stupid dummyhead! We don't have to cut people to free up cap room, because we have a lot of people we could cut, instead!"

~~~Selling clues, only $1 (and if you guys CUT SOMEONE, you'll have the dollar to spend)~~~
Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, maybe he might play a full season now? lol. He reminds me of Manny R. of football.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's kind of funny that you say I'm jealous of the Skins. What is there to be jealous of? You guys sign big nakmes for way too much money and fail, year after year. I'm cool with the Bears not doing that.

You just said that my posts are inaccurate, but you went and agreed with me. Funny how that works. "You're a stupid dummyhead! We don't have to cut people to free up cap room, because we have a lot of people we could cut, instead!"

~~~Selling clues, only $1 (and if you guys CUT SOMEONE, you'll have the dollar to spend)~~~
ohhhh you owned him
Old 02-27-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else take him signing 5 hours into free agency for 100M a sign of just wanting money?

I think if he were going off a winning perspective--even a mix of winning and money, then he would have stayed put in Nashville.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7 years 100 million that is qb money. Damn him, now James Harrison will want some crazy dough.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harrison has had 1 good season no reason he gets any where near that money
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Does anyone else take him signing 5 hours into free agency for 100M a sign of just wanting money?

I think if he were going off a winning perspective--even a mix of winning and money, then he would have stayed put in Nashville.
How do you figure that
Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would of been on a really good defense but who is to say that Collins has another good year?
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 02-27-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:

I think it's rather entertaining that all you got from my post was "we can cut people to make more room"...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Tampa offered the most money to fat Al by the way
Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Redskins. Do they realize that signing big players to big contracts doesn't mean you win? Fail. Everytime. They have an all-star coaching staff, running back, everything (except quarterback) and they still suck. I'm sorry, but a DT will make an impact, but not an impact that will win them the game. DT is not a glamour position.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

I think it is a glorious position because if you can not stop the run than you have no defense ask the Packers.

John Wall
Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I think it is a glorious position because if you can not stop the run than you have no defense ask the Packers.
ask the Vikings how far they got

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
ask the Vikings how far they got
They had a good defensive year didn't they?? With Portis and Moss/Randel El they should be ok. Also Cooley.

John Wall