Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rotoworld guessing that it was for a 2nd and a late rounder, makes sense for both sides. Winslow wasn't gonna work out in Cleveland.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Winslow actually wanted to finish his career in Cleveland.

Unfortunately, between the broken leg, motor cycle accident, and a few years of football, he is playing on one knee. Better to move him now than hold onto him as his knee deteriorates even more.

It's a shame how that motorcycle accident hurt this guy's career. When he was close to healthy, he was really, really good.
He may have said that, but I seriously doubt that.

After all those reports about his injury last year he felt wronged by the front office and didn't want to be there.
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did not see that coming. Its probably for a third this year and a performance based pick next year...?
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just stupid IMO unless it's for the Bucs first which I highly doubt it is. Steve Heiden is a great blocker but KW2 still had plenty of upside. Not to mention he would've been a big help to a young Brady Quinn.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Rotoworld guessing that it was for a 2nd and a late rounder, makes sense for both sides. Winslow wasn't gonna work out in Cleveland.
I'm betting a 2nd and 5th?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Goddamnit!!!

Worst news of the day for NFC south teams.

Why must Cleveland be so completely incompetent? This had better be for a 1st round pick! (and it won't...)
Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
He may have said that, but I seriously doubt that.

After all those reports about his injury last year he felt wronged by the front office and didn't want to be there.
That front office is gone
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Braylon Edwards talks over? Given that they just traded a guy who would help open the field for Edwards, he must not be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
gramage

A little questionable to me because if your going with a young quarterback I think you need as much talent for him to throw to as possible, but they certainly could come out of this better overall.

This makes Crabtree a serious option at 5 now.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

**** YOU MANGINI

**** YOU KOLKINIS!!!

go bucs.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

**** YOU MANGINI

**** YOU KOLKINIS!!!

go bucs.
LOL at your username.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting side note, the trade was made by two rookie GM's

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns received a 2nd and another pick, assuming they make even a decent pick, this trade was an absolute steal.

Tampa fans will soon find out how broken down Winslow is. The guy will play through anything, but it won't take long for Tampa fans to realize how much Winslow is a shadow of what he could have been.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Unless it's for a 1st round pick, the Browns are stupid.

I feel so bad for Browns fans. Just terrible management.
fiaosfkopsaifkopsafksaopfksapf

Wearing the Winslow jersey today in support of the legend himself.

Winslow is gonna get over 9,000 tds next year along with the 394034920230230 times he runs over defending players.

I hope he plays the Browns and breaks mangini's neck and then throws a spear at kolkinis and screams that hes a solider then rides off to the sunset in a motorcycle.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

**** YOU MANGINI

**** YOU KOLKINIS!!!

go bucs.
You front runner WinslowBodden, you probably have never liked the browns til the 10-6 season, same with the Indians you probably didnt like them til 2 years ago, and now you're a cavs fan.
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
If the Browns received a 2nd and another pick, assuming they make even a decent pick, this trade was an absolute steal.

Tampa fans will soon find out how broken down Winslow is. The guy will play through anything, but it won't take long for Tampa fans to realize how much Winslow is a shadow of what he could have been.
Does that matter when you put up about 1,200 yards as a tight end and get 89 then 83 receptions.

If he can play through the pain the Bucs are getting a great receiving tight end.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunit2k9 View Post
You front runner WinslowBodden, you probably have never liked the browns til the 10-6 season, same with the Indians you probably didnt like them til 2 years ago, and now you're a cavs fan.
Chris im gonna tea bag you in your sleep.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Does that matter when you put up about 1,200 yards as a tight end and get 89 then 83 receptions.

If he can play through the pain the Bucs are getting a great receiving tight end.
Winslow missed countless blocks and was a liability in the run offense. He also had about 40 offensive pass interferences.
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well I wouldn't go that far, I think Winslow will be big for Tampa b/c they dont have much outside Bryant to throw to and he is just a glorified big slot receiver as it is. I don't think our offense will be hurt though with Heiden and Rucker. This is a win-win trade for both sides, they get a good receiving tight end, we get a 2nd round pick and some change to upgrade elsewhere and our offense probably wont change much at all (remember last year when K2 was hurt how our offense played great against Jax and NY?)
Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winslow sucks. He's TO without the production. I'm tired of hearing about upside with him.... he's as soft as Charmin.

Good move by the Browns.

For Tampa, it's worth the risk. But between Winslow and Antonio Bryant... attitudes are starting to pile up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

I loved Winslow, but the Browns just had to get rid of him. They need more draft picks in the worst way, and no one knows how long Winslow's knee will hold up. They got something for him while they still can.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Buccaneers are the Browns-South: Jeff Faine, Kellen Winslow, Antonio Bryant...why don't they just resign Jeff Garcia too?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Wow what a move that hurts to see him in my DIV.
Tell me about it. :(
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Instead of the Brown-cos how about the Browncaneers?
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

I would not be shocked if Winslow retires after 2 years. His knee is that bad