Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default T.J. Houshmanzadeh Signs With Seattle

Quote:
Free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is expected in Seattle on Friday for a visit with the Seahawks.

Houshmandzadeh, 31, is considered one of the top wide receivers available in free agency. That is a position where the Seahawks want to deepen their roster after injuries ravaged them last season.

He caught 92 passes last season for Cincinnati, his eighth season with the Bengals after being a seventh-round choice in 2001.

Houshmandzadeh played one season at Oregon State after transferring from a junior college.

Free-agent defensive end Chris Canty of Dallas is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Monday, according to his agent.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...58_hawk28.html

I will be ecstatic if we can pull this off.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...58_hawk28.html

I will be ecstatic if we can pull this off.
That would be a good signing if they can get it done. Would certainly allow them to pick someone other than Crabtree with their pick. I've thought for a while now that they will pick a QB there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That would be a good signing if they can get it done. Would certainly allow them to pick someone other than Crabtree with their pick. I've thought for a while now that they will pick a QB there.
Sanchez definitely becomes more of a possibility here if we get Housh. We're going to have to find a successor for Hasselbeck sometime and I don't think we'll be drafting this high again for awhile.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, housh is coming to Minnesota and that's that.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still believe Housh ends up an Eagle. I think he wants to be an Eagle more than the Eagles want him to be an Eagle.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I still believe Housh ends up an Eagle. I think he wants to be an Eagle more than the Eagles want him to be an Eagle.
I hope you're right.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I hope you're right.
He came to us first, that has to mean something (I hope).
Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Housh's deal is going to make for a nice compensation pick in 2010. Best of luck to T.J. wherever he goes. He's a very solid receiver and has been a reliable player for the Bengals the past five years or so.

That being said, I'm ready to see the guy go. Andre Caldwell showed flashes right near the end of last season and the team really seems to like him. Caldwell offers more in terms of special teams ability and big-play potential with his speed.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He came to us first, that has to mean something (I hope).
Let's be honest, what possible incentive could TJ have to make him rather go to Seattle than Philly? lol
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Housh's deal is going to make for a nice compensation pick in 2010. Best of luck to T.J. wherever he goes. He's a very solid receiver and has been a reliable player for the Bengals the past five years or so.

That being said, I'm ready to see the guy go. Andre Caldwell showed flashes right near the end of last season and the team really seems to like him. Caldwell offers more in terms of special teams ability and big-play potential with his speed.
There's no need to be optimistic bro. I know it sucks, but you gotta suck it up. Losing Housh will hurt more than losing Ocho Cinco. Andre Caldwell is a depth player and it's back to the drawing board as far as addressing WR whether that be through the draft, trade or FA.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Let's be honest, what possible incentive could TJ have to make him rather go to Seattle than Philly? lol
Philly fans are notorious for bashing their stars???

Seriously though, Housh is a Northwest guy and that conference is a helluva lot easier.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no need to be optimistic bro. I know it sucks, but you gotta suck it up. Losing Housh will hurt more than losing Ocho Cinco. Andre Caldwell is a depth player and it's back to the drawing board as far as addressing WR whether that be through the draft, trade or FA.
Oh no way, Housh is 32 and a great complimentary WR, how hard is it to find a guy like him? Chad has always been the guy who demanded and constantly beat double teams, Caldwell looked very good late and for that role I think he's a perfect fit.

There is absolutely no way that offense resembles anything decent with Housh and a bunch of 2nd year guys vs Chad and a bunch of 2nd year guys, at least Chad will take some pressure off the other 2, something Housh wouldn't be able to provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Philly fans are notorious for bashing their stars???

Seriously though, Housh is a Northwest guy and that conference is a helluva lot easier.
I thought for a second he might want to go back to the Northwest but he only went to college there, he's originally from CA. Plus the only star I can think of in recent years that eagles fans bash is McNabb, we loved T.O. until he became a ****.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I thought for a second he might want to go back to the Northwest but he only went to college there, he's originally from CA. Plus the only star I can think of in recent years that eagles fans bash is McNabb, we loved T.O. until he became a ****.
OK... WC guy...

As far as Philly fans bashing thier own stars.. I wasn't just talking about football.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Oh no way, Housh is 32 and a great complimentary WR, how hard is it to find a guy like him? Chad has always been the guy who demanded and constantly beat double teams, Caldwell looked very good late and for that role I think he's a perfect fit.

There is absolutely no way that offense resembles anything decent with Housh and a bunch of 2nd year guys vs Chad and a bunch of 2nd year guys, at least Chad will take some pressure off the other 2, something Housh wouldn't be able to provide.
If I could only choose one receiver to have on my team between those two, I would much rather have Housh.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I could only choose one receiver to have on my team between those two, I would much rather have Housh.
That's fine, but that doesn't mean Housh is going to go somewhere and constantly beat double teams week in and out, he's slow, he's a guy who runs great intermediate routes and can work the middle, nothing more.

It would be a disaster if he stayed in Cincy and Chad left IMHO, I really like Housh but he's at the point where he needs another good WR opposite of him to have nearly the same effect he's had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
OK... WC guy...

As far as Philly fans bashing thier own stars.. I wasn't just talking about football.
Then what does that have to do with what we're talking about?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seattle doesn't smell like cat piss?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be a good signing for Seattle. Hopefully they don't overpay for him.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs to come to the Ravens
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, these people who think Housh has somehow passed Chad in skill don't seem to watch Bengals games. Housh plays against #2 corners. Chad plays against #1 corners + double teams.

Losing Chad in 2010 will hurt. Losing Housh now will hurt less.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's fine, but that doesn't mean Housh is going to go somewhere and constantly beat double teams week in and out, he's slow, he's a guy who runs great intermediate routes and can work the middle, nothing more.

It would be a disaster if he stayed in Cincy and Chad left IMHO, I really like Housh but he's at the point where he needs another good WR opposite of him to have nearly the same effect he's had.
Exactly. Houshmanzadeh is a good receiver, but he has already reached the peak of his potential. He is a #2 slot type receiver that is adept at running routes, making those tough catches in traffic, using his toughness and willingness as a runner after the catch, and he can be a good player in the redzone working the slot. He is reliable as they come. He is a #2 though, always has been, even in his prime.

To say Chad Johnson would be a smaller loss than T.J. Houshmanzadeh is a bit off base. It's a matter of position. Andre Caldwell is our most promising young receiver and plays the slot just like T.J., he was Housh's backup a year ago along with Antonio Chatman. Johnson's backups were Chris Henry and Jerome Simpson, who are all more natural split out wide.

As for Caldwell being a backup type, he may be, but he didn't appear to be going in that direction at the end of the year. Caldwell may be a Florida Wider Receiver, but the guy is very promising. He is quicker and faster than T.J. ever was, but he also has the hands, toughness, willingness, and developed quickly as a route runner in the slot. Caldwell also is a very good Kick Returner who adds the ability to take it all the way. I admit, I was not high on Caldwell early, I was skeptical, but he has convinced me and the team seems to really believe in him.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is easy to say it won't hurt when you know he is going to be gone but deep down inside you are crying about it.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
It is easy to say it won't hurt when you know he is going to be gone but deep down inside you are crying about it.
I realize you're just taunting the Bengals posters to start crap, but honestly are you oblivious to everything that has happened in Cincinnati recently?

Anyways, the lose will hurt, obviously. No Bengals fan is going to tell you that Caldwell is better than Housh right now. But he has the potential. And honestly, both Chad and Chris Henry are better than Housh. Yes. Chris "Jail is my home away from home" Henry is better than Houshmandzadeh.

The Bengals may not be very good at many things, but they certainly know how to find receivers. That's why none of us cried about the Jerome Simpson pick and it's why none of us are crying right now.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone that thinks Housch is better than Ocho Cinco is out their damn mind.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote