Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't for the life of me understand why Vikings' fans want this so bad.
Big names give fans boners. Even if it is millions of dollars for a 31 year old.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't for the life of me understand why Vikings' fans want this so bad.
Your just upset that the Vikings are even thinking about signing him. Cause you know he's going to kick the Bears asses when he gets signed.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a packers fan, I would love for the vikings to sign another free agent wide receiver that won't solve any of their problems to a huge deal. berrian, rice, and houshmanzadeh don't scare me whatsoever. Especially with Rosenfels, Jackson, Booty or whoever the Vikings are going to start this year. I would have an extra guy in the box the whole game.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings fans- I'm a scared Seahawks fan who wants Crabtree (not Housh). Will you guys show him the $???

PLEASE sign him!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Housh. We will have enough cap issues as it is. We need to conserve money this offseason.

We put our eggs in the Bernard Berrian #1 receiver basket, we can't spend upwards of $10M on a receiver right now. We have bigger needs.

Although it would be nice to have him and use the "Championship" line although I'm sure it would be killed within a week.

This is just like the idiots who called into KFAN begging for the Vikings to sign Asomugha.

I wouldn't even doubt if we went after Housh, though. Zygi always wants to make a splash. Although I think he will be a little less aggressive now that it looks like he's not going to get a new stadium here for awhile.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I don't want Housh. We will have enough cap issues as it is. We need to conserve money this offseason.

We put our eggs in the Bernard Berrian #1 receiver basket, we can't spend upwards of $10M on a receiver right now. We have bigger needs.

Although it would be nice to have him and use the "Championship" line although I'm sure it would be killed within a week.

This is just like the idiots who called into KFAN begging for the Vikings to sign Asomugha.

I wouldn't even doubt if we went after Housh, though. Zygi always wants to make a splash. Although I think he will be a little less aggressive now that it looks like he's not going to get a new stadium here for awhile.
???

You ARE going after him. He's heading to Minny for a visit today.

The question is- will he accept your offer?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
???

You ARE going after him. He's heading to Minny for a visit today.

The question is- will he accept your offer?
Oh. Didn't even know that. Just got home and saw the last posts of this page.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The market for TJ is obviously not what he expected it to be. His agent has been talking to the Bengals all day, so it looks like he'll end up back in Cincy.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooshooGawd View Post
The market for TJ is obviously not what he expected it to be. His agent has been talking to the Bengals all day, so it looks like he'll end up back in Cincy.
Yup. I think he'll end up back in Cincy as well.

T.J. Housmandzadeh expects to decide his next team by Sunday night.
Houshmandzadeh confirmed that he's been in regular contact with the Bengals. After visiting Minnesota Saturday, Housh will presumable decide between the Bengals, Seahawks, and Vikings. We suspect Cincy has the best offer on the table and is the favorite for his services.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
You thinking that Philly is nicer than Seattle leads me to believe that you've never left the Deleware/S Jersey/Philly area in your life. People that live there actually think its nice, and those of us that have had to work there for several months make fun of you for it.
I've lived in Philadelphia for 18 years, away from home for one. I went to high school downtown in Center City and I know, like any city, there are good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods. I would not suggest rolling around North Philadelphia in a nice convertible at night with the top down and doors unlocked. I also would not suggest doing that in New York's worse areas, Cleveland's, Detroit's, Chicago's, or really any American city. I think it's a bit immature and undeserved to bash Philadelphia based on "several months" that you may have worked there at some time.

The city has been doing a lot to clean up the streets and clean up it's reputation. It is recognized as a fairly clean city in a transition mode. The weather is typical of the region with hot summers and fairly cold winters, nothing dramatic either way. You directly bash the people from Philly and expect not to strike a nerve anywhere.

How well do you know people from Philadelphia is my question? Certainly not better than the people on this message board than live in the area or are from the area (which is my case.) People claim that residents of Philly or fans of the sports teams are assholes. Sure, if you wear a Devils jersey to a Flyers game, expect to catch some heat. If you wear a Mets cap/jersey into a Phillies game, expect to hear about it. And if you have the nerve and balls to wear a Dallas jersey into Lincoln Financial Field, feel lucky if you're walking out with both legs intact. Philly has passionate fans and we don't take well to visitors. It is an intimidation factor, a home-field advantage on the field and in the stands.

The fans have been bashed by many, seen as not overly loyal, and willing to turn on their star players at the drop of a hat. That is a misconception I'd like to clear up now...

Flyers fans, Phillies fans, Eagles fans, and Sixers fans all expect to win. The organizations have all kinds of money and receive all kinds of support, so what Philadelphia fans want to see is for those teams to use that money, use that potential, and turn it in to W's on the field, court, and ice. They have booed their teams for that reason, they have called for coaching changes, they have called for activity in Free Agency.

Allen Iverson, a star that some Philadelphians loved, some hated. Did they hate him because he wasn't good enough? Because he wasn't winning games? No, even dirty, ignorant Philadelphians can tell a classless human being from a classy individual.

Eric Lindros, another that many loved, many disliked. They disliked Lindros for the obvious reason that he could not stay on the ice and helped lead the talented Flyers of the mid-late 90's into Playoff disappointment.

Terrell Owens was a guy that was loved in Philly, until he screwed it all up. He was a monster on the field, and fans loved to love T.O. But the man did his best to tear the team to the ground and betrayed the city, his teammates, and the fans in Philly by stirring up trouble then leaving for Dallas. Any time a player leaves Philly for Dallas, expect fans to wish death upon him. This happens everywhere though, see Johnny Damon's Boston fanbase.

And now, Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid. The Philadelphia fans are tired of inconsistency and injuries affecting their chances at a Super Bowl run, which is why McNabb is largely on the outs with fans in the city. For this decade, the Eagles have consistently been one of the most talented, well-built teams in the NFC, but have had to endure inconsistency by Donovan in the playoffs and his injuires ruining promising seasons. Andy Reid, a guy I like, is disliked for similar reasons. He can get his team to the NFC Championship (5 out of the past 8), but cannot seal the deal. He also is frowned down upon because he cannot control or handle his own family and has let himself be made a mockery out of.

See Brian Dawkins, a star by all means for the better part of the decade. Was Dawkins ever booed? Even after Brian leaves the city and goes to play for Denver, you can count on Philadelphia fans to support him and cheer for him. Why? Because he was a classy individual off the field and a savage on the field. He played with the desire to win that Philadelphia fans share. But off the field, the man was a humble, quiet, man who gave back to the community. Ask Dawkins if he thinks the fans in Philadelphia are classless, and I'm sure I'll know the answer. Expect a standing ovation for Dawkins when he visits Philadelphia next fall or early winter. Maybe you'll understand what the fans are all about.

So before you dog the city of Philadelphia, or Philadelphia fans, think of what they are thinking. I have never seen jubilation like I have after the Phillies won the World Series. The Parade stuck out as a significant moment. Broad Street was absolutely packed that day, schools canceled, drunk people, sober kids, parents, the elderly, all celebrating their team's Championship together. That parade essentially is what the "City of Brotherly Love" stands for. That is the "brotherly love" exerted from Philadelphia. As someone who simply worked there for several months, I wouldn't expect you to understand the city or to understand the people.

--- As for T.J., it has been widely reported that he wanted to be an Eagles first and foremost. He mentioned the Eagles before he hit the market, he sent text messages to local radio stations expressing how he'd like to play in Philly, he got on ESPN and said he'd like to play for Philadelphia. Maybe Philly doesn't offer the views, cultural melting pot, and natural beauty of Seattle, but it does offer something Seattle won't for another five years or so. The chance to win a championship. That factor, the chance to win right away, is surprising, important to NFL free agents in many cases.

Philadelphia is not interested in Housh, but he is plenty interested in them. If you think he'd rather play for the Seahawks than Eagles right now, you are crazy. He wanted to be an Eagle, they just didn't want to pay him $10 million a year, which they are right not to do.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been hearing he might head to New York.

Hope he comes back, he's huge for our offense. No one else can/will go over the middle like he does, he's huge for 3rd downs.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Your just upset that the Vikings are even thinking about signing him. Cause you know he's going to kick the Bears asses when he gets signed.
If you knew anything about me you'd realize what a completely dumbass statement that is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Why not? We clearly have a void at WR alongside Berrian and Housh is a great candidate to fill that. Its quite simple really.
Giving Housh a multi-year contract for 10 million per is an act of complete desperation. I don't consider the Vikings void at WR one they desperately need to fill (as opposed to last year when they clearly needed something), nor the move they need to make to be a Superbowl contendor. Only under either of those conditions is this move even remotely logical, and even then it's still a bad move.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big believer in Sidney Rice. Kid's okay and he'll be going into his third year, he can put it together and it helps he has his best QB yet in Rosenfels, but I can't say I have much faith.

I'm not a big believer in any (former) South Carolina player, really. That's not a talent pool that I have any trust in.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giving Housh a multi-year contract for 10 million per is an act of complete desperation. I don't consider the Vikings void at WR one they desperately need to fill (as opposed to last year when they clearly needed something), nor the move they need to make to be a Superbowl contendor. Only under either of those conditions is this move even remotely logical, and even then it's still a bad move.
Who's to say though that it wouldn't be a move to push us over the top? We are already a playoff caliber type team and the NFC doesn't really have any clear cut dominant team. Housh would provide our offense with the kind of consistent receiving threat that we sorely lack (evidenced by us having to start Bobby Wade). Now I agree that paying him 10 million per would be idiotic, but from all indications the teams interested in Housh feel the same way about that figure. A more reasonable figure such as 8 mil though is something that I would definitely bite at if I was Speilman.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Who's to say though that it wouldn't be a move to push us over the top? We are already a playoff caliber type team and the NFC doesn't really have any clear cut dominant team. Housh would provide our offense with the kind of consistent receiving threat that we sorely lack (evidenced by us having to start Bobby Wade). Now I agree that paying him 10 million per would be idiotic, but from all indications the teams interested in Housh feel the same way about that figure. A more reasonable figure such as 8 mil though is something that I would definitely bite at if I was Speilman.
This is going to sound like a cheapshot, but it's not.

The Vikings' got their asses handed to them by a team that had no chance of winning the Superbowl. In the hierarchy of NFL teams, Housh is not even close to being valuable enough to put the Vikings where they need to be to be a legit Superbowl contender. He would make them more competitive for sure, but this is still a team with an awful pass defense, terrible special teams, and a serious case of turn-the-ball-over-itis, not to mention Sage Rosenfels as the QB.

Again, I'm not against any move that makes a team better, I'm against overpaying for a player unless you absolutely have to, or if it's a move that will put a team in serious contention for a Superbowl. Had the Vikings overbid for a QB? No problem at all. But Housh? Stupid mistake. It just shows a complete lack of organizational philosophy.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in agreement.

I don't think that TJ would put us over the top (especially with Rosenfels as the QB) and we would have to pay too much money for him.

No thanks.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can all agree JDB to Housh would be a beautiful thing.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is going to sound like a cheapshot, but it's not.

The Vikings' got their asses handed to them by a team that had no chance of winning the Superbowl. In the hierarchy of NFL teams, Housh is not even close to being valuable enough to put the Vikings where they need to be to be a legit Superbowl contender. He would make them more competitive for sure, but this is still a team with an awful pass defense, terrible special teams, and a serious case of turn-the-ball-over-itis, not to mention Sage Rosenfels as the QB.

Again, I'm not against any move that makes a team better, I'm against overpaying for a player unless you absolutely have to, or if it's a move that will put a team in serious contention for a Superbowl. Had the Vikings overbid for a QB? No problem at all. But Housh? Stupid mistake. It just shows a complete lack of organizational philosophy.
But what else are they going to do with their money? Sign Jeff Garcia and Shawn Springs?

I agree Housh isn't worth $10 mil a year but if that's the only significant move they can make from here then why not go for it?

In retrospect the Cardinals severely overpaid for Edgerrin James but that didn't stop them from almost winning it all. We just don't know what Housh would do to this team. If it does end up turning into a Super Bowl berth, or even a longer playoff run, maybe overpaying will have been worth it.

And I disagree that Philly had "no chance" at winning the Super Bowl.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I agree Housh isn't worth $10 mil a year but if that's the only significant move they can make from here then why not go for it?
Because making bad decisions is bad?

Quote:
In retrospect the Cardinals severely overpaid for Edgerrin James but that didn't stop them from almost winning it all.
It didn't help them either. Save that money, give Anquan Boldin an extension, re-sign Kurt Warner, there are a lot more logical things to do then just spending money becuase you have it, which, by the way, the Vikings apparently don't considering how much they've been bitching for a new stadium in this terrible economy.
Quote:
And I disagree that Philly had "no chance" at winning the Super Bowl.
3%?

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-28-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:

It didn't help them either. Save that money, give Anquan Boldin an extension, re-sign Kurt Warner, there are a lot more logical things to do then just spending money becuase you have it, which, by the way, the Vikings apparently don't considering how much they've been bitching for a new stadium in this terrible economy.

3%?
What are the more logical things for Minny? That's my question. McAllister and Springs?
Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Wilf wants to spend some money and pick up a very good receiver I am all for it. 10 mill seems like a bit much to me but at worst Housh underperforms and it released in a couple years. At best he gives the Vikings a very good receiving corps. I have already come to terms with the fact that under Childress there will be no big name QB coming. If the Vikings sign Housh and then use their first two picks on T and CB and both picks pan out the team we be in a very good position to make a run. I am just hoping one of TJack, Sugar Sage, or JDB turns out to be a good starter this year which I know is a huge if. At this point with the team being under the cap by a fair bit I really don't think signing a guy for 8-10 mill a year is going to cripple the team. At this point I am kind of indifferent on the whole thing. If the Vikings sign TJ I will be happy and if they don't I will be fine with it. In my mind this is a signing that can't hurt.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick trivia. Who was the last QB Speilman traded for?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3%?
Before the playoffs just about everyone would have gave them more of a chance of winning it than the Cardinals. And Arizona was a couple minutes away from doing it.

No one gave the Giants a chance to even get there last year, much less knock off the juggernaut. If you make the playoffs, you have a chance of getting hot (or other teams getting cold (ala the panthers this year)) and getting to/winning a super bowl.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:

3%?
I don't think 10 mill is going to be the difference between getting a stadium or not. I actually think that the TJ signing would help a bit with the whole stadium ordeal if it pans out. If Wilf wants to spend the money again on a big name FA I am not going to ***** about it because it is not me spending money for the sake of spending (which I really don't think the TJ signing would be if it happens.) I am not saying TJ would puch the team over the edge but he would certainly make the Vikings better.