Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Quick trivia. Who was the last QB Speilman traded for?
I would guess Brooks Bollinger.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I don't think 10 mill is going to be the difference between getting a stadium or not. I actually think that the TJ signing would help a bit with the whole stadium ordeal if it pans out. If Wilf wants to spend the money again on a big name FA I am not going to ***** about it because it is not me spending money for the sake of spending (which I really don't think the TJ signing would be if it happens.) I am not saying TJ would puch the team over the edge but he would certainly make the Vikings better.
whosyourmoma is going to get more than 10 mil for a contract...Reguardless for the situation I think every penny counts toward a new stadium.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I would guess Brooks Bollinger.
Nope.

A.J Fe...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
whosyourmoma is going to get more than 10 mil for a contract...Reguardless for the situation I think every penny counts toward a new stadium.
You think he gets more than 10 mill per year? Really the only thing in the contract that will matter is going to be the guaranteed money but I have not heard yet what he is being offered so I have no idea what that amount of money would be.

As far as the stadium goes I know every penny counts towards a new stadium but winning also counts and a guy like Housh would help. I really don't think that signing TJ would be the difference between getting a new stadium or not but I guess time will have to tell on that one.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Nope.

A.J Fe...
Nothing much anyone can do about the Sage trade now. I am fine with what Vikings gave up and I am really hoping he can come in and play well. No doubt Housh would help.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What are the more logical things for Minny? That's my question. McAllister and Springs?
You don't think there are other deals to be made that are more economically prudent? 10 million a year for a 31 year old #2 wide receiver is the best way they could spend that money?

As people are finding out in this economy, money is in fact finite. Spending it on one player one year is going to adversely effect the Vikings' ability to do so in future years, or in rewarding their own. This would be a smart time to sit it out. Again, just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it every time you get the chance.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You don't think there are other deals to be made that are more economically prudent? 10 million a year for a 31 year old #2 wide receiver is the best way they could spend that money?

As people are finding out in this economy, money is in fact finite. Spending it on one player one year is going to adversely effect the Vikings' ability to do so in future years, or in rewarding their own. This would be a smart time to sit it out. Again, just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it every time you get the chance.
I understand. But this is a division winner with a good core, especially along the lines.

In order to take the next step you do spend money- that's what every team in the league is trying to do right now- improve.

So, if not Housh (who will command a contract more than what he is worth), what does this team (who feels they are so close) do?

Save their money? After winning the division you just can't do that...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Housh had gotten 10 million a year he would have signed already. IF players don't sign asap their not getting what they had hoped.

I don't know if their is a WR that makes more than 10 million. Fitz makes 10. Moss signed for 9 a year last year. A couple of crappy WRs signed big deals last year for near 9 million. Teams will be more hesitant after seeing those 2 big signing being complete busts and won't want to give out elite WR money for none elite WRs. Housh is definitly better than those 2, but not nearly as good as Moss/Fitz.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's visiting the Bucs tommorow.

Bryant/Housh/KII doesn't sound too bad. Now we just need Stafford to drop to our 1st.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Houshmandzadeh visiting Vikings

Sorry if all ready posted have not posted or looked in this thread much.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said on NFLN Total Access that the Vikings are going do everything they can to keep him in the building and have him sign tonight but it all depends on the amount.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
He's visiting the Bucs tommorow.

Bryant/Housh/KII doesn't sound too bad. Now we just need Stafford to drop to our 1st.
YES! Great news. Unlikely he returns to the Seattle offer. My guess is still Cincy but good luck if you want him in MIN or TB!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I understand. But this is a division winner with a good core, especially along the lines.

In order to take the next step you do spend money- that's what every team in the league is trying to do right now- improve.

So, if not Housh (who will command a contract more than what he is worth), what does this team (who feels they are so close) do?

Save their money? After winning the division you just can't do that...
Resign Matt Birk for one & throw money at a greater need ~ RT (Taucher?) or CB.

I'll say this over and over ~ "TOO MUCH MONEY FOR TJ" ~ not for what we may get in return.

The Vikings need to think about more than just this year...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be dissapointed with TJ in Tampa Bay, as long as we don't over pay him. If his asking price is too high I'd rather just let him walk.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.J. said he didn't want to go into Sunday without being on a team. Does this make him a Viking?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...PT02/302280031

Quote:
In a text message to The Enquirer, the Bengals' free agent wide receiver said he expects to make a decision "Sunday evening" about whether to remain in Cincinnati or go to a new team
Right now... And I can't believe I'm saying this... I think the Bengals lead. There's potential he visits the Giants but it doesn't sound like a likely destination.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Houshmandzadeh plans more visits
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal : Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:22 PM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh is spending Saturday night visiting the Vikings, but he plans to keep his free agent tour rolling Saturday.

Adam Schefter reported on NFL Network's Total Access that Housh plans to visit the Bucs on Sunday. ESPN's Michael Smith, in a report scrolling on ESPN's bottom line, says that Houshmandzadeh will also visit the Bucs and Eagles.

Philly's involvement would be quite surprising considering previous developments from Houshmandzadeh's wild weekend.

Whether the possession receiver takes those trips remains to be seen. Schefter's NFL Network colleague Steve Wyche reported that the Vikings planned to do everything possible to close a deal before Housh left town. Houshmandzadeh previously said he would make a decision by Sunday night.

If that is still the case, Houshmandzadeh may be the only person to have a more hectic weekend than Florio.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it, Vikings isn't a bad option, but why would a receiver want to go there without knowing who the QB is going to be.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I doubt it, Vikings isn't a bad option, but why would a receiver want to go there without knowing who the QB is going to be.
All Housh seems to care about is Adrian Peterson being there. He's said multiple times that he'd love to play in Minnesota with AD.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've pretty much settled on the fact that the eagles aren't interested, but if he's visiting, I guess it's still possible.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Uhhh, you may be the only person on the planet who doesn't know that Rosenfels (barring injury) will be the starting QB in Minny in 2009.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I've pretty much settled on the fact that the eagles aren't interested, but if he's visiting, I guess it's still possible.
T.J. probably set up the visit himself, he may have caught the team by surprise here. The Eagles had apparently made it clear they are not willing to give him what he wants, which is right around 10 million a year. Hopefully he can strike up a deal somewhere, I want another 3rd Round Comp. pick (he and Andrews)

P.S.: Old School just came on TBS, great movie

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
T.J. probably set up the visit himself, he may have caught the team by surprise here. The Eagles had apparently made it clear they are not willing to give him what he wants, which is right around 10 million a year. Hopefully he can strike up a deal somewhere, I want another 3rd Round Comp. pick (he and Andrews)

P.S.: Old School just came on TBS, great movie
Thank you for the Old School mention lol.

I hope TJ stays but at the right price, knowing our FO it's the right price or let him go. Not because they're smart, just cheap.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Uhhh, you may be the only person on the planet who doesn't know that Rosenfels (barring injury) will be the starting QB in Minny in 2009.
Rosenfels isn't that big of an upgrade over TJ and declaring a winner before he's even laced his boots is pretty stupid.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I thought about the poor QB situation but he still did pretty decent with Fitzpatrick, given his style of play it's not the biggest deal for how good his QB is.... At least when compared to other WR's. Obviously I'm sure he prefers a good QB but he's going for the money now.