Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs acquire Mike Vrabel

Per Adam Schefter, Patriots are trading Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs pending a physical.

Quote:
New Englandís Pro Bowl linebacker Mike Vrabel is in Kansas City undergoing a physical so that he can then be traded to the Chiefs. General manager Scott Pioli is reaching out to bring in a player familiar with his system, and New England is a willing trade partner.
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/
Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that is surprising, but then again, not so much considering he's a FA next year.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on this are mixed. On the one hand, it makes sense from a performance perspective - Mike Vrabel didn't really get it done on the field last year and even in the season where he had 12.5 sacks (2007), most of those were coverage/garbage sacks where he either had six years to get to the quarterback or it was well-designed by Belichick so that he had a clear path for the sack. He's also 33 years old and won't get any better.

I'm still sad to see him go, though. This makes New England's need for a linebacker even worse, and it reminds me of when Willie McGinest left although I think I was more sad to see McGinest go. He was a real leader in the locker room, by some accounts, Mike Vrabel is one of the most unpopular Patriots, believe it or not. Congratulations to the Chiefs on getting a nice player, though. Good luck to Vrabel as well.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear ya, Vrabel is one of my favorite guys. Maybe if they can swing a 2nd or 3rd out of KC they feel this year's OLB core is deep enough to replace him, or maybe they have alot of faith in Crable.

**This does shave 3mil off the cap.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Last edited by BradysKnee : 02-27-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another smart move by the Pats. To get anything for Vrabel at this point is good. He was totally washed up last year, imo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you honestly believe Vrabel is worth a 2nd or a 3rd? Come on.

It better be a 5th or lower.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th rounder maybe.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's a late round pick for a player who can play in the 3-4 and provide veteran leadership it's a decent move. Which is what I expect it is, it seems like a financial move by the Pats.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Do you honestly believe Vrabel is worth a 2nd or a 3rd? Come on.

It better be a 5th or lower.
No, but if it is a 5th or lower, I'd be pissed personally, he would've provided quality depth if nothing else. a 3rd-4th is what I'm hoping for, would be thrilled if its a 2nd.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-27-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
No, but if it is a 5th or lower, I'd be pissed personally, he would've provided quality depth if nothing else. a 3rd-4th is what I'm hoping for, would be thrilled if its a 2nd.
a 2nd lol go play in traffic
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
If the Chiefs give up a 2nd or a 3rd when we're a 2-14 team, that would be RIDICULOUS, especially for a 33 year old LB who has a few years left.

I'd still be pretty pissed if it was a 4th. Pioli is no idiot, as you should well know. I expect it to be a 5th or lower.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I'dtake Vrable, Seymour and Cassel for number 3 overall :D
Quote:
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vrabel's play has certainly diminished in recent years, but man, what a clean beard.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Basically think of it this way:

- Patriots likely would have released Vrabel
- Vrabel would be courted by Eric Mangini
- Belichick does not like Mangini
- Pioli runs Chiefs, a very young team
- Pioli needs 3-4 pieces and veteran leadership
- Belichick likes Pioli
- Trade for a 4th-5th
- ???
- Profit!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Also, the Patriots just lost long snapper Lonie Paxton to the Broncos. Shoot.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be at most a 4th and even that would be to much hoping for a 5th or later.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the pats are the smartest team around
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure this is crap so I don't even know why I'm posting it but a few other boards are saying Cassel might some how be involved in this trade any one else heard any thing?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I'm sure this is crap so I don't even know why I'm posting it but a few other boards are saying Cassel might some how be involved in this trade any one else heard any thing?
I've heard the same but it's just rumors right now. The source is supposedly pretty good though. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Chiefs traded for Cassel.
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Wouldn't surprise me if they packaged Cassel and Vrabel to sweeten the deal for KC. for their 2nd and another pick.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Haven't heard it and can't find anything online about it. I sure hope it isn't true.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

If Cassel ends up in KC, I am killing myself. BOOK IT!
Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I'm right behind you my friend!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I'm right behind you my friend!
I am not picking up that donut you threw in front of me then ;)
Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
My friend told me they were talking about this on the radio:

"we get TB's first, TB gets cassel, KC gets Vrable and other stuff"