Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Mike Reiss of the Boston Herald says that the paperwork has been filed with the league.

Peter King also says it's done. Cassel and Vrabel for our 2nd rounder.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...l/?eref=sircrc
That moron King might know, considering he lives on the inside rim of the Patriots' collective asshole.

If all the Chiefs had to give up was their 2nd round pick, for both Cassel and Vrabel, that's not too bad.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
i dont really see them taking curry or crabtree.

maybe a tackle
A RT at #3? Not likely.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
i dont really see them taking curry or crabtree.

maybe a tackle
I hope Pioli isn't stupid enough to take a RT with the 3rd pick in the draft. I think Curry is now the best option.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little part of me is pissed that the Lions didn't make this trade.

They obviously need a QB, so why not trade #20 for Cassel and then use #1 on someone else as so many people are screaming to do?

I still want Stafford, but if #20 and maybe one other pick would have been sufficient to get Cassel, I will really question the decision-making of Mayhew on this one.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think moving down would be the best option, for any team that wants to get ahead of Seattle and Jacksonville to assure themselves of getting Sanchez. I'd hate to see them taking a LB that high, so don't rule out Orakpo, or maybe even Crabs.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can live with that, that gives us three second rounders. I will continue to pull for Cassel and Vrabel, they were big parts of our team. Vrabel was a mainstay in our defense since the moment he got here and Cassel played extremely well for us last year when the season looked to be lost.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I don't love the move, but thankfully we didn't do something stupid like give up our 1st rounder.

A 2nd round for Cassel is good value if he can continue to play like he did last season. Of course, we're going to have to get him some more weapons.

Now I'm really interested to see what the f#ck we do with the #3 pick - I could have sworn we would take Sanchez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
gramage

Curry is the bigger need and the better player IMO, but Crabtree wouldn't shock me since Haley had so much success with multiple recievers in Arizona, and Crabtree with Bowe would potentially be an elite pair.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to trade for Bolden (Pipe Dream) and then trade down from #3 and nab Everette Brown later.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-28-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think moving down would be the best option, for any team that wants to get ahead of Seattle and Jacksonville to assure themselves of getting Sanchez. I'd hate to see them taking a LB that high, so don't rule out Orakpo, or maybe even Crabs.
I agree that #3 is a bit of a reach for a non-pass rushing linebacker like Curry. But since we don't need a LT or QB now, anyone else we take there is going to be a reach. I don't know if a trade down is really possible, the 3rd pick in the draft is really hard to trade.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they want Curry (which they should, he's the best pick), they have to do it at #3. He won't be there later than that. No one wants to get in front of Seattle because no one knows what Seattle's going to do (aside from NOT pick Curry).
________
BUY MARIJUANA SEEDS

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:58 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree that #3 is a bit of a reach for a non-pass rushing linebacker like Curry. But since we don't need a LT or QB now, anyone else we take there is going to be a reach. I don't know if a trade down is really possible, the 3rd pick in the draft is really hard to trade.
Like i said, there may be a team that wants to leap frog Seattle to assure themselves of getting Sanchez. They don't have to follow the stupid draft chart to get value, if they move down 5 or 6 spots and pick up a 3rd in the process, call it a deal and move down. Save yourself money, pick up an extra pick and you get better value for the player you want.
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
A little part of me is pissed that the Lions didn't make this trade.

They obviously need a QB, so why not trade #20 for Cassel and then use #1 on someone else as so many people are screaming to do?
I'm not sure I'd like for my franchise QB to be 30 when the team finally turned around.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I've talked about this on Chiefs Planet before, but what about Everette Brown at #3? Even with Vrabel, the 3-4 is not going to work unless we have a dominant edge rusher.

I just don't think a 3-4 ILB is a great choice for a top 3 pick.

Quote:

MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm not sure I'd like for my franchise QB to be 30 when the team finally turned around.
What the hell does it matter. Quarterbacks have a longer career span than pretty much any other position, so if he can play, he can play.
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
I've talked about this on Chiefs Planet before, but what about Everette Brown at #3? Even with Vrabel, the 3-4 is not going to work unless we have a dominant edge rusher.

I really want Everette Brown, but I'd rather trade down first.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-28-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

Everette Brown would be a horrible reach.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I really want Everette Brown, but I'd rather trade down first.
Definitely, but I'm going with the assumption that we couldn't. Trading down would be ideal no matter what though.

Quote:

Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell does it matter. Quarterbacks have a longer career span than pretty much any other position, so if he can play, he can play.
Either way, if both pan out, he likely has 6 less years or so than Stafford, and less potential.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think an important aspect of this trade, is the fact that the pats have just cleared up 17 million in cap space.

I don't mind the early 2nd, i think its fair value, and I'd expect a conditional pick next year or a 4th-5th this year to be involved somewhere.

Either way, I'll take it for the free agents we could try and get in now, and the flexibility it gives us on draft day. We will have our first, 3 seconds, and 2 thirds (once we get our compensatory from Samuel).

All in all, it looks good.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Either way, if both pan out, he likely has 6 less years or so than Stafford, and less potential.
And you wouldn't be risking half as much as you would with Stafford, so pick your poison.
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Especially since he's 26, and has played 1 full year in his last 8.
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Everette Brown would be a horrible reach.
Pretty much anything is a reach at this point, whether it's reaching for an individual player or a reach based on value.

If KC stays at 3, they basically will have to take a very good right tackle or inside LB, or reach for a player at a premium position like OLB or DT, even though the individual players may not warrant being picked that high.

Quote:

MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I think an important aspect of this trade, is the fact that the pats have just cleared up 17 million in cap space.

I don't mind the early 2nd, i think its fair value, and I'd expect a conditional pick next year or a 4th-5th this year to be involved somewhere.

Either way, I'll take it for the free agents we could try and get in now, and the flexibility it gives us on draft day. We will have our first, 3 seconds, and 2 thirds (once we get our compensatory from Samuel).

All in all, it looks good.
Not really. They haven't cleared anything because the 17 million never went against the cap.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
That moron King might know, considering he lives on the inside rim of the Patriots' collective asshole.

If all the Chiefs had to give up was their 2nd round pick, for both Cassel and Vrabel, that's not too bad.
If it's a second round pick, I say New England got pretty ripped off. Great deal for Kansas City. I would expect a 2 and a 2 or 3 next year, but really I'd be looking for first-round value here, especially if Vrabel is included in the deal. However, this does end up freeing up ~$18 million in cap room that would allow New England to improve the rest of their roster. I expect New England to sign Leigh Bodden soon - he's a good fit.