Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel's the better athlete, and Stafford might have a stronger arm, but Cassel showed a damn good all-around NFL arm.
________
buy condo Pattaya

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:59 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
You want to cut the BS? Fine, lets do it.

Show me a team stacked more than the Patriots. One of the best OL in the game, Randy Moss, Wes Welker? Give ME a break. Our offensive line was one of the worst, Bowe is solid but had the drops last year, and Tony is done in a few years. We don't have the weapons to help him like he had in NE and we damn sure don't have the defense to keep games close.

And no, I don't expect someone to be there at 35 to help lead this team, but I expected someone to be there at 3, and unless it went Stafford 1 and Sanchez 2, there was a chance we could have drafted a QB with a hell of a lot more potential than Cassel.

I thought you wanted Curry at #3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
A little part of me is pissed that the Lions didn't make this trade.

They obviously need a QB, so why not trade #20 for Cassel and then use #1 on someone else as so many people are screaming to do?

I still want Stafford, but if #20 and maybe one other pick would have been sufficient to get Cassel, I will really question the decision-making of Mayhew on this one.
In the end, I think Stafford will have been better than Cassel. I think Stafford will be a "franchise" guy.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And no, I don't expect someone to be there at 35 to help lead this team, but I expected someone to be there at 3, and unless it went Stafford 1 and Sanchez 2, there was a chance we could have drafted a QB with a hell of a lot more potential than Cassel.
I can definitely understand a KC fan having that viewpoint.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Culpepper was traded for a 2nd
Schaub was traded for 2 2nd's
And Cassel and Vrabel were traded for a 2nd

I'm liking the trade more and more...
I think its a great trade for KC, good value, the chiefs had the pats balls in a vicegrip though i think, as they really didn't want to carry cassell's cap number.

That said, I am not really disappointed, hopefully it nets us a productive player, some FAs and resign Wilfork Mankins and Co.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a second rounder? That's it? For both players?
I thought they'd be able to get more picks if it didn't involve a 1st rounder.
I hope when it all comes out officially that at least a '10 conditional is added along with it

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
appearantly it's just a 2nd round pick not our 1st

What amounts to what the 35th pick is probably not bad for the Pats either, i was never as crazy about Cassel as others. To me he folds a little too easy under pressure, which he'll see more of in KC. Brady must be healthy, hope he doesnt overdo it on his honeymoon.:)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Show me a team stacked more than the Patriots. One of the best OL in the game, Randy Moss, Wes Welker? Give ME a break. Our offensive line was one of the worst, Bowe is solid but had the drops last year, and Tony is done in a few years. We don't have the weapons to help him like he had in NE and we damn sure don't have the defense to keep games close.

The Patriots' offensive line is terribly overrated. I hate the Randy Moss argument, when Randy wasn't the one throwing the ball to himself. That's as weak an argument you can make against a player, and the fact that you've resorted to using it is laughable. He makes very good throws, he has shown to work well under pressure and is an accurate passer and a good decision maker. You're pretty much guaranteeing yourself that by getting him. Stafford or Sanchez can come in with their rocket arms and stick it up all their careers, but you wouldn't know right now because they've yet to step foot on an NFL field, compared to a guy whose performance warranted Pro-Bowl consideration.
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Just a second rounder? That's it? For both players?
I thought they'd be able to get more picks if it didn't involve a 1st rounder.
I hope when it all comes out officially that at least a '10 conditional is added along with it
Our second rounder is the second pick in the second round. That's a damn good pick. If it was late second I could maybe agree with you, but the Pats are practically sniffing the first round with that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Rookie

635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

terrible moveo n the part of the chiefs..Cassell is clearly overrated, he had a solid season with great weapons, and he has problems throwing deep balls..Cassell is not a long term answer, he's not even on the level of a guy like Matt Schaub. To waste a pick on that fool and then compensate him for what will surely be average play is foolish.
635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our second rounder is the second pick in the second round. That's a damn good pick. If it was late second I could maybe agree with you, but the Pats are practically sniffing the first round with that.
Would you trade Michael Johnson (Scott's pick for us in the 2nd) for Cassel and Vrabel?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Cassel's the better athlete, and Stafford might have a stronger arm, but Cassel showed a damn good all-around NFL arm.
He did show well but Stafford is a thoroughbred and that isnt a knock on Cassel. The real debate should be Cassel vs. Sanchez because Stafford is basically the property of Detroit.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ZOMGitsjosh
Rookie

ZOMGitsjosh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thigpen to Carolina, please.
ZOMGitsjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Patriots were stacked last year? How? The OL played like crap, they ONLY had Moss and Welker, and the only part of the defense that was better than the Chiefs' was their defensive line. The Pats would've killed to have the Chiefs' secondary...

Bowe & Gonzo isn't far off from Moss & Welker, the Chiefs need a couple tweaks along the OL (keep in mind the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl with far worse talent along at OL), and another receiving option to go along with Gonzo, Bowe, and Bradley...and they'll be in amazing shape.

Defensively, I'm sure Pioli's working hard to figure out how to get their DL to a high level quickly, but his first priority was obviously these trades with New England. We'll see how hard of a push they make for Canty and/or Olshansky (also throw Mike Wright into the mix).

The Chiefs are shaping up.
________
Zoloft classaction

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Good point, you're probably going to have your pick of some really good players like: Alex Mack, Duke Robinson, Kenny Britt, Clay Matthews, Connor Barwin and on and on.
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs get Cassel for the 35th pick in the draft, I think it is the best value trade since the Patriots got Randy Moss from the Raiders for a 4th rounder. I think it is a steal. Pioli is proving that he is the best in the business.
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would you trade Michael Johnson (Scott's pick for us in the 2nd) for Cassel and Vrabel?
No, cause that would give him the opportunity to take Sanchez at 3!!!!!111111

Here's pretty much the trade off:

Matt Cassel, Mike Vrabel, Aaron Curry

or

Mark Sanchez, Michael Johnson
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He did show well but Stafford is a thoroughbred and that isnt a knock on Cassel. The real debate should be Cassel vs. Sanchez because Stafford is basically the property of Detroit.
Exactly. I don't know why Stafford is even being discussed, he's going to Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I think it's a great move by KC without bringing that malcontent into the discussion.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
Exactly. I don't know why Stafford is even being discussed, he's going to Detroit.

Because every thread has to morph into Matthew Stafford i guess.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think a Chiefs-Pats trade was always going to be a friendly discount in the Chiefs' favor. The Patriots want to see Pioli do well, and he'll return the favor down the line.
________
Hurt From Nexium

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure we could've gotten that same 2nd round pick without adding in Vrabel
What was the point of that? Salary dump?

We better pick up a pass rushing OLB with our 1st round pick

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Radio in KC is saying it is for sure Cassel and Vrable for the Chiefs 2nd and that is it.

Great move.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm sure we could've gotten that same 2nd round pick without adding in Vrabel
What was the point of that? Salary dump?

We better pick up a pass rushing OLB with our 1st round pick
The point was that the Pats chose where he went, and the Chiefs wanted him anyway. They picked up Tully, and can now sign Woods to a long-term deal. I don't see them messing with OLB. WR, RT, and S are the biggest problem areas for the Pats.
________
Godess_N_Passion

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think a Chiefs-Pats trade was always going to be a friendly discount in the Chiefs' favor. The Patriots want to see Pioli do well, and he'll return the favor down the line.
Why the hell would the Patriots want to see Pioli do well? If they were in that great of terms, he wouldn't have left the (arguably)best franchise in the NFL at the moment, for a team notorious for picking in the top ten of the NFL draft. If you're not part of the Patriots, chances are, they hate you.