Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
What's this say about the draft? Perhaps I'm right and this indicates the Lions are not interested in taking Stafford and his fat contract #1 overall.
I say it indicates the Lions want Stafford but if they could, they would bypass the growing pains that come with drafting a QB. Stafford and Cutler are exactly 100% the same, am I right??

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow. I am stunned by this. Jay Cutler is, in my opinion, very close to being an elite QB, and for McDaniels to even consider trading him is crazy, and will get him off to a very bad start in Denver.

I was gutted when Arizona missed Jay in the Draft, and as much as I love Kurt Warner, I would give up practically whatever Denver wanted, if it meant having Cutler throw the ball to Larry and Anquan for the next few years.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
Wow. I am stunned by this. Jay Cutler is, in my opinion, very close to being an elite QB, and for McDaniels to even consider trading him is crazy, and will get him off to a very bad start in Denver.

I was gutted when Arizona missed Jay in the Draft, and as much as I love Kurt Warner, I would give up practically whatever Denver wanted, if it meant having Cutler throw the ball to Larry and Anquan for the next few years.

I dont think there is any evidence of this and there never will be. Sure others could ask about Jay but nobody in Denver would be stupid enough to initiate those discussions.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/bronco....2.946829.html

"I've heard the rumors," Cutler told CBS4 in Denver. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

also

CBS4 has also learned tight end Tony Scheffler has also been mentioned in trade talks.

CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing." Miller did approach McDaniels, who said he was not going to answer any questions. However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cutler has appeared to suggest that Denver initiated the trade. There's also reports that Denver tried to get Minnesota to bite on Cassell and receive Cutler.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

LOL, this whole storyline is hilarious.

I wonder what McDaniels sees in Cutler that he doesn't like. He probably thinks he's too much of a gunslinger and can't be counted on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
gramage

Here's how that call should have gone: "Hello. Sure we can discuss a trade who are you looking to get? I'm sorry could you repeat that? Are you serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" click.

Getting good quarterback play is hard enough and even if you think Cutler has a low ceiling and this is all your gonna get (I don't) it's still better then about 20 teams.

If this is what has taken over in the post Shanahan era the AFC west just got a whole lot weaker.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh..Michael Smith made is seem like Mcdaniels was dead set on getting Cassel by any means. He brought up several teams the Broncos started talking 3 team trade with to get Cassel in a Bronco uniform.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

Now ESPN are claiming that Cutler is demanding to be traded.

Well, I guess Josh McDaniels must know something that 95% of NFL fans don't...!

A Pro Bowl QB in Year 3, whom several experts rate as having the best chance of being the next "elite" QB, and you consider / try to trade him?

What the hell... This is crazy.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Jay Cutler in Tampa Bay in a heartbeat. But I highly doubt this would have ever even eventuated despite the rumours flying around.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A Pro Bowl QB in Year 3, whom several experts rate as having the best chance of being the next "elite" QB, and you consider / try to trade him?

I'm with you in that what the hell camp. I guess if they see something there that they dont like in Cutler so be it. I would think if you're some other team that wants a pro bowl QB now is the time to act. I dont get it personally but i dont claim to know everything.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Mcdaniels just doesnt like him...lots of people hate Cutler's personality. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Cutler actually demanded to be traded but if he did I think the Vikings should do whatever it takes to get him. **** sugar Sage, Cutler would be the solution to what has been one of the Vikings biggest problems for a while now. I doubt Cutler becomes a Viking any time soon (and probably never) but I can dream.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

According to Smith, the Vikings were in talks but, they made the Sage deal and were happy with that.

So obviously...Rosenfels>Cutler :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

#20 for Cutler

or

#1 for #12, Jay Cutler, and a 3rd :)

Done deal.

Last edited by WMD : 02-28-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

I guess we can assume that the prize for Denver was Cassel so therefore now that he is gone they wouldnt trade Jay for the sake of getting rid of him.

My guess is this story will die pretty quickly and the only casualty will be Cutler's ego. That's what they get paid the big bread for i guess, to put up with stupidity by the front office.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler demanding to be traded? really? Is there a link with some more info on this?

If so, wow. All they did was listen to offers Jay, yeesh.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Cutler demanding to be traded? really? Is there a link with some more info on this?

If so, wow. All they did was listen to offers Jay, yeesh.
Sounds like a whole lot of overreaction to me. I wouldnt choose sides here.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

Apparently, ESPN radio is reporting this.

Just had a look at the Denver forum, and some have said this has been going down for weeks? (Well, why was the compensation for Cassel so low?)

That said, I know Cutler and McDaniels didn't speak for a long time after McDaniels hire, but how can an offensive "guru" such as McDaniels be willing to sacrifice a potentially elite QB? And now that Cassel has gone, this could get nasty. Some Denver fans seem to want McDaniels out!

Or this could all be a non story!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Apparently, ESPN radio is reporting this.

Just had a look at the Denver forum, and some have said this has been going down for weeks? (Well, why was the compensation for Cassel so low?)

That said, I know Cutler and McDaniels didn't speak for a long time after McDaniels hire, but how can an offensive "guru" such as McDaniels be willing to sacrifice a potentially elite QB? And now that Cassel has gone, this could get nasty. Some Denver fans seem to want McDaniels out!

Or this could all be a non story!

That pretty much sums it up.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole things makes no sense

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That pretty much sums it up.
FWIW, Clayton also reported it on ESPNews.

Still, this is probably much ado about nothing. There's no point to trade Cutler now that the QB they really wanted is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

Still, this is probably much ado about nothing. There's no point to trade Cutler now that the QB they really wanted is gone.

Clayton would be the one guy i would respect there. This is probably going to die a quick death but Jay Cutler doesnt sound happy.

Things like this make guys think about leaving when they become FAs. It's one thing for someone to say i'd trade anyone if they offered Peyton Manning or Larry Fitzgerald, those things are almost a compliment but not Matt Cassel.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do it Denver. Send him off to Tampa or Detroit. It will help your team out ALOT :D

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

That won't stop the QB they apparently wanted to replace expressing a desire to be moved though I guess.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote