Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt this is right, Cutler would not want out IMO because the season he just had with Brandon Marshal was absolute magic, Tampa doesnt have a reciever like BM, and when you factor in Eddie Royal's emergence along with the signing of Jabar Gaffney i dont think he'd take 0-16 Detroit even with Calvin there.

They're trying to get a run game going, JJ Arrington, Buckhalter, both decent players.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this whole rumor is true then that's a really dumb move by McDaniels. That essencially shows that he has no confidence in a pro bowl QB.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Stafford and Cutler are exactly 100% the same, am I right??
Think about Stafford's potential contract, maybe detroit dosent want to spend that much on a rookie QB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...be-traded.html
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade him to Carolina for Peppers!!!!!!!!

Interesting stuff, I wonder how serious it is, I mean hell this "source" could be a gardener who once mowed his lawn.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, the chances of him getting traded now are minute. They're stuck with eachother. It's not like they're looking to fill his position with a rookie Qb and they wont find better on the open market.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Jay wants out he is not going any where no way what so ever long time before the season he will calm down.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford and Cutler are very similar, except I've never seen Stafford show any of the diva behavior Cutler sometimes shows. You could make an argument both for and against the Lions trading the #1 pick for Cutler. Any other team who needs a QB should just straight up offer Denver their first, no questions asked.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
How would it be tampering? They were trying to work a 3 Team trade just like Tampa Bay was.

I wonder what the deal would have been..
My guess would be:

-Pats get pick no. 33 from Lions OR a 2009 AND 2010 2nd rounder from Tampa

-Denver gets Cassel and either the bucs or lions (#20) 1st rounder and maybe another mid round pick

-Tampa or Detroit gets Cutler

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Detroit would be dealing #1 for Cutler.

It'd be #20 and something . . .

I am just beside myself trying to make some sense of this.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This won't happen...I would have to take a time out from my bronco fandom.

I'm with njx, this is pretty much a BS report. Denver was offered a trade for Jay, and they declined. I really can't see them actively shopping a pro bowl, stud, quarterback with limitless potential. It would have to be a herschal walker like trade for bronco nation to be super pissed.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he refuses to play and they trade him lol. It would Spice up the offseason a little and make njx angry.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
I doubt this is right, Cutler would not want out IMO because the season he just had with Brandon Marshal was absolute magic, Tampa doesnt have a reciever like BM, and when you factor in Eddie Royal's emergence along with the signing of Jabar Gaffney i dont think he'd take 0-16 Detroit even with Calvin there.

They're trying to get a run game going, JJ Arrington, Buckhalter, both decent players.
If he did that well with Brandon Marshal imagine how well he'd do with Calvin Johnson. if it was for the #20 there would be a franchise LT there at the top of the draft probobly Eugene Monroe or someone. Cutler's ego would let him think I could be seen as the savior of the Lions.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just the possibility that this ever could have happened has officially made me consider this offseason a colossal failure for the Lions.

I love Stafford, but for the price of either 20 or 33 to have gotten Cutler or Cassel just infuriates me.

**** you Martin Mayhew.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Just the possibility that this ever could have happened has officially made me consider this offseason a colossal failure for the Lions.

I love Stafford, but for the price of either 20 or 33 to have gotten Cutler or Cassel just infuriates me.

**** you Martin Mayhew.
What would Matt Millen do?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
What would Matt Millen do?
Trade for Cutler and draft Crabtree.... Crabtree/ Calvin Johnson= CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Stafford and Cutler are very similar, except I've never seen Stafford show any of the diva behavior Cutler sometimes shows. You could make an argument both for and against the Lions trading the #1 pick for Cutler. Any other team who needs a QB should just straight up offer Denver their first, no questions asked.

There isnt any scenario where Denver would move Cutler without getting a top tier QB in return (apparently they thought Cassel was that). I dont see them just trading him for a non QB no matter how good the guy is.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

**** you Martin Mayhew.
Dont forget you would have got Vrabel too:)
Old 02-28-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
phenomenal_waffles
Rookie

phenomenal_waffles hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.phenomenal_waffles hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Schefter already confirmed hours ago that McDaniels never tried to shop Cutler. Tampa and Detroit offered trades for Cutler, and Denver denied them.

McDaniels also said the same thing.
phenomenal_waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cutler leaves because of McDaniels then he should be fired right away. Really poor move by McDaniels.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
This won't happen...I would have to take a time out from my bronco fandom.
I have already reserved the new moniker slightlyabroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
Schefter already confirmed hours ago that McDaniels never tried to shop Cutler. Tampa and Detroit offered trades for Cutler, and Denver denied them.

McDaniels also said the same thing.
Wasnt Schefter the one that started the whole thing in the first place?. At least nobody in here overreacted to the story.
phenomenal_waffles
Rookie

phenomenal_waffles hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.phenomenal_waffles hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If Cutler leaves because of McDaniels then he should be fired right away. Really poor move by McDaniels.
McDaniels didn't do anything. He was offered a trade for Cutler, not the other way around.
phenomenal_waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
There isnt any scenario where Denver would move Cutler without getting a top tier QB in return (apparently they thought Cassel was that). I dont see them just trading him for a non QB no matter how good the guy is.
I didn't think they would try to trade him for Cassel, so if that report were to be true, maybe they don't think as highly of him as others. If he doesn't want to be there, and they don;t think that highly of him, maybe they would take a 1st rounder for him. The report probably isn't true in the first place, so...
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I didn't think they would try to trade him for Cassel, so if that report were to be true, maybe they don't think as highly of him as others. If he doesn't want to be there, and they don;t think that highly of him, maybe they would take a 1st rounder for him. The report probably isn't true in the first place, so...
If you believe half of what you read on the internet there seems to be a lot of back peddling on the whole subject. Sounds like Jay isnt too happy. I guess they could move him but he's worth a lot more than just a #1 that's for sure. What does Denver do trade him and draft a Mark Sanchez? Dont think so.