Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the minute someone says anything remotely controversial in regards to his status on the team, you have to trade him? Cutler isn't going anywhere, half the crap that comes out on "reports" is bogus, the other half is fluff for the bogus BS.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Mortensen said that Cutler hasn't demanded to be traded.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all these Cassel rumors I am curious to see what the deal he makes with the Chiefs is worth. I am thinking like 6 years 60 million, with 20-25 million guaranteed.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Just the possibility that this ever could have happened has officially made me consider this offseason a colossal failure for the Lions.

I love Stafford, but for the price of either 20 or 33 to have gotten Cutler or Cassel just infuriates me.

**** you Martin Mayhew.
No need to talk bad about Mayhew.. Maybe they just don't like Cassel as a franchise QB.. and Kowalski says that a deal could still be in the works for Cutler..

I doubt either happens, I assume Denver would only be up for moving Cutler if they got Cassel in return.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Denver's original intentions were to only trade Cutler if they could get Cassel, as insane as that is. But now it seems like it might backfire on them if it proves to be true. They may have pissed Cutler off so bad that he will demand a trade, and then the Broncos don't have a choice and might have to move him anyways, even though Cassel isn't available anymore.

^Bucs fan's wishful thinking

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's a bit of a mountain out of a molehill if Cutler is really upset about this. Lets face it, if a team calls with a "trade offer" and you take the call, you've discussed trading cutler even if the discussion consisted of "lol no"

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides, any GM that blows off any trade offers for players is doing a disservice to his team and ownership. You're always looking to improve your team, and in my sincere opinion, there isn't one player in the NFL that is absolutely untouchable.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny the way the media and fans have begun to totally overanalyze the Lions #1 overall pick. They just need to take Stafford and do everything they can to set him, and the rest of their team, up to succeed. It's not a curse to have the #1 overall pick and take a QB if, ya know, he turns out to be a good QB and stuff. You didn't see teams like the Colts and Giants going into fits of anxiety when they took a QB #1 overall. The Lions need to follow the example the Falcons set with Ryan: Draft him, sign him as early as possible, draft other good players with the rest of the draft and then get to work. No need for overanalysis.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
No need to talk bad about Mayhew.. Maybe they just don't like Cassel as a franchise QB.. and Kowalski says that a deal could still be in the works for Cutler..

I doubt either happens, I assume Denver would only be up for moving Cutler if they got Cassel in return.
I need someone to blame for this. Might as well be Mayhew.

Why the **** wouldn't the Lions trade #33 for Cassel?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I need someone to blame for this. Might as well be Mayhew.

Why the **** wouldn't the Lions trade #33 for Cassel?
Maybe they've checked him out and don't think he's a guy worth passing on Stafford for..

Old 02-28-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Maybe because they've checked him out and don't think he's a guy worth passing on Stafford for?
I hope that's the case then. But going to all that trouble trying to get Cutler could just as easily be interpreted as a lack of confidence that Stafford is our guy.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Detroit would be dealing #1 for Cutler.

It'd be #20 and something . . .

I am just beside myself trying to make some sense of this.
If Cutler was actually available you should give up #1 for him in a second. Why would you use #1 on Stafford, but not Cutler?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
If Cutler was actually available you should give up #1 for him in a second. Why would you use #1 on Stafford, but not Cutler?
I would trade #1 for Cutler.

It just didn't sound like it would have required that to get him.

Oh well, it's a moot point now. He isn't ever coming to Detroit.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Besides, any GM that blows off any trade offers for players is doing a disservice to his team and ownership. You're always looking to improve your team, and in my sincere opinion, there isn't one player in the NFL that is absolutely untouchable.
Yeah, I'm assuming the only reason he didn't laugh immediately is because if they could get Cassell+some high picks and a defensive starter or two out of it it's not a TERRIBLE deal.

EDIT: Assuming we draft better than we did in the Shanny era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 02-28-2009 at 11:25 PM.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please St. Louis!!!! Acquire Him!!!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington get on that! Infact why don't we just go get T.J. too and buy up a damn ring.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole thing is really silly but here's what I just heard... very interesting...

Michael Smith said the Bucs would've given up their 1st and 3rd for Cutler, then the Broncos would trade #12 for Cassel.

Don't know why the Broncos wouldn't offer 19 instead of 12...

Anyway how crazy that would've been. Pats fans would've been a lot happier.

Patriots get: #12

Broncos get: Matt Cassel, #19, Bucs 3rd rounder

Bucs get: Jay Cutler (And then they'd have no picks until round four)

Crazy.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This whole thing is really silly but here's what I just heard... very interesting...

Michael Smith said the Bucs would've given up their 1st and 3rd for Cutler, then the Broncos would trade #12 for Cassel.

Don't know why the Broncos wouldn't offer 19 instead of 12...

Anyway how crazy that would've been. Pats fans would've been a lot happier.

Patriots get: #12

Broncos get: Matt Cassel, #19, Bucs 3rd rounder

Bucs get: Jay Cutler (And then they'd have no picks until round four)

Crazy.
The Broncos would be getting ripped off.

Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel straight up would be an absolutely terrible trade, and in that scenario they are getting even less than that.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn for Jay Cutler :)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, Nathan Vasher, and #18 overall.

DO IT, MCDANIELS! ;)
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard much about a contract extension for Cutler, what's the word on that? Denver could be nervous because Cutler's a borderline headcase and prima-donna. If you asked NFL people who they would want between Cutler and Matt Ryan, I bet 9 out of 10 of them would take Ryan, because he has the characteristics of a strong leader who has the complete trust of everyone in the organization.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a good start for the Broncos. Perhaps firing Shanahan wasn't such a good idea after all.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

What the hell was McDaniel thinking?

Damnit, Cutler had better not end up on the Bucs. ****.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I haven't heard much about a contract extension for Cutler, what's the word on that? Denver could be nervous because Cutler's a borderline headcase and prima-donna. If you asked NFL people who they would want between Cutler and Matt Ryan, I bet 9 out of 10 of them would take Ryan, because he has the characteristics of a strong leader who has the complete trust of everyone in the organization.
Give me a break, even im not a big Cutler fan, but he's not that bad, he's just cocky. Headcase? give me a break.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a big non-story. I guarantee McDaniels called/will call or meet with Cutler and basically tell him that teams contacted him about a trade for you, but that Cutler's still his guy.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote