Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
He only has to play with the Bears for what 2 more years. Then he can pick any team he wants.
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to just let him walk after giving up 2 1st rounders for him.

I usually mean this metaphorically, but I question if you're not legally ********.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to just let him walk after giving up 2 1st rounders for him.

I usually mean this metaphorically, but I question if you're not legally ********.
As long as you don't piss him off, you shoulden't have a problem :P

But seriously, his post was just a jab to piss off bears fans, you know that.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is something that should cheer all you Broncos fans up.

Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
As long as you don't piss him off, you shoulden't have a problem :P

But seriously, his post was just a jab to piss off bears fans, you know that.
No, i'm not trying to. I was just saying he can do what he wants once his contract is up. Its then the Bears' front office's job to keep him there.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

iHustle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
No, i'm not trying to. I was just saying he can do what he wants once his contract is up. Its then the Bears' front office's job to keep him there.

Franchise player.
iHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I would be surprised if the Bears aren't trying to renegotiate his contract and lock him up long term.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Broncos fans pre-trade: JAY CUTLER IS A LOCK FOR THE HALL OF FAME, BITCHES! NEXT ELWAY, FOR SURE!

Broncos fans post-trade: Pfft. Whatever. Cutler sucks, anyway.

I think you're all being silly calling him a baby and whanot. The stuff he's said pales in comparison to what Lance Briggs said when he was franchised. No one's talking about Lance Briggs like that.
So I should start hating the players we have now and start talking great about players that put themself before the team and force a trade then say they actually didn't want to be traded?

YAY CUTLER

**** BAILEY

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
maryandy111

I don't see any scenario where Denver would want to do that deal at all
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monomach: Find a quote of a Broncos fan asserting Cutler is a "lock" for the HOF and is "for sure" the next Elway. Should be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i hate him and his agent for up and deciding they didn't want to be here, then furthering the process by being completely and utterly dishonest. once a week, mcdaniels or bowlen or xanders would say "we're trying to call him, he won't get back to us", then bus cook would respond a few days later with "nu-uh" or some similarly idiotic response. i think our front office is utterly insane and i still want whoever leaked the original rumor to the media to be shot at the 50 yard line on opening day. but jay and bus had every opportunity to act like adults and, at every single turn, they refused. i sincerely wish him nothing but 2 win seasons and the worst tackles in the league for the rest of his, hopefully extremely short, career.
I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm not disagreeing, but I think the truth might lie somewhere closer to both parties were ******** (and that's the best way to describe it) in this whole thing.

Cutler and his agent probably said nuh-uh half the time it's reported they did and McDaniels and co. probably called the former half the times they said they did.

IMO, both sides were completely stupid in this and that lead to the trade. Some maturity and foresight could've gone a long way.

I dunno really, part of me thinks this is one of those situations in the NFL where a coach not just being able to show up at Cutler's door with a 6 pack to talk as 2 men really causes problems.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing View Post
You should probably take into account the fact that passing yardage has been on an upward trend for some time now. Eclipsing 4000+ yards isn't nearly as impressive as it used to be.

6 out of 32 QB's reached 4000 yards...Only 3 got to 4500 yards, I'd say that's still pretty select company.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still stand firmly by the theory Cutler wanted out well before Josh McDaniels was even hired because Shanny and his OC were fired, and Josh only agreed to give him his wish if he could land Cassel, but failed. Upon not landing the trade, the attempt was leaked by Cook to throw a spotlight on the matter, so he could then proceed to use it as an excuse to force a trade, necessary because Josh's condition of having to land Cassel wasn't met.

It's always fun to make fun of front offices and coaching staffs and paint them as ****** factories, but I don't buy it here. It seems obvious to me Cutler wasn't serious about working it out, and I just can't see a rookie HC coming in and trying to get rid of Cutler like that, I just can't. Cutler's side doesn't add up.

Organizations always have to take the high road and accept the flack thrown at them by the media even if it's not entirely fair or accurate, because otherwise they only stand to potentially look worse by stooping to an agent's level, and only stand to lose value for the inevitable trade. Maybe Cutler didn't flat out demand a trade before McDaniels arrived, but I think the issues started well before he did and whether he actually stated he wanted to be traded before the Cassel attempt may not be overly important if it was obvious to the team that's where it was heading. In any case, it stems back to Shanny etc, I don't buy for a second it started unprovoked by the Cassel attempt.

Obviously I have no proof but this is just my interpretation of it all. We know there are always 2 sides to every story and the way Bus and Co tell it, you know you're only getting 1 side because, well, it's so one sided. Sorry, don't buy it. Same old song and dance with Steve McNair and I assume Favre (although I purposely didn't follow that one closely, believe it or not - quite a feat I know). People like to say Vince Young quit on his team because he was acting like a brat on the sideline after being booed at home, but I think what Cutler did is far more a quit act than that. In fact, no matter which way you want to view the whole situation doesn't really change this for me - a team is bigger than its coach or your ego, so he quit on the Broncos regardless.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
6 out of 32 QB's reached 4000 yards...Only 3 got to 4500 yards, I'd say that's still pretty select company.
And all 3 had pretty crappy defenses, no?

No coincidence IMO. Yeah, it's a nice fantasy football target, and 5000y's is insane, but poor defense helps a team's own offense produce excessive passing yards like little else in the NFL. I still remember when Billy Volek had back to back 400y games for the Titans in 05 because the defense was trashed with injuries, and all the Titans did was pass to try and keep up.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote