Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was ridiculous what Brandon Marshall did to him for 4 quarters, he literally made him his ***** for 60 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips was instrumental in drafting Cromartie... Wonder if Dallas will have interest in him filling our FS spot????
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It was ridiculous what Brandon Marshall did to him for 4 quarters, he literally made him his ***** for 60 minutes.
To Cromartie's credit, Brandon Marshall makes a lot of CB's his *****.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him on the Titans fa sho.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wade Phillips was instrumental in drafting Cromartie... Wonder if Dallas will have interest in him filling our FS spot????
No thanks. He'd get shredded apart by any quarterback worth two cents.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's a bad player, he was pretty good, he just needs some better coaching and support around him. The chargers defense was pretty bad last year and it's not like he had a good situation to excel.

I wonder how he'd go in a cover 2 system.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't think he's a bad player, he was pretty good, he just needs some better coaching and support around him. The chargers defense was pretty bad last year and it's not like he had a good situation to excel.

I wonder how he'd go in a cover 2 system.
And by not bad you mean terrible, and by pretty good you mean in 07.

He got beat like a dirty rug so many times last year it would make any team weary of putting him in a starting slot. I wouldn't trust him with one side of the field, to be honest, and i'd slowly work him into my rotation if i were a coach, only if he showed improvement, of course.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMFG, I would trade one of our 2nds for him in a heartbeat!

So much untapped potential. Sure he had a bad year, but the rest of the defense was not much better. He is a true playmaker and something the Phins need badly in their secondary!

PLEASE PARCELLS GET HIM!!!

Antonio Cromartie, Gibril Wilson, Yeremiah Bell and Will Allen would be a naughty secondary! ;)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can he play FS?

I'd welcome him on the Texans.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can he play NT? I'd like him on the Packers for a 1st...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id take him no doubt about it, finny would make him his *****
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you a steelers second rounder

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
OMFG, I would trade one of our 2nds for him in a heartbeat!

So much untapped potential. Sure he had a bad year, but the rest of the defense was not much better. He is a true playmaker and something the Phins need badly in their secondary!

PLEASE PARCELLS GET HIM!!!

Antonio Cromartie, Gibril Wilson, Yeremiah Bell and Will Allen would be a naughty secondary! ;)
Never thought THAT guy would be mentioned in a good 2ndary, the Will & Will experiment went VERYsour in NY

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

He's only 24 and had 1 bad season, Id LOVE to give him a shot in our 2ndary either as a Safaety or Nickelback then we'd be able to slide Terrell Thomas to Safety

Oh man Cromartie on NYG...... I think I just creamed myself, LOL

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From day one I thought Cromartie was highly overrated. 2007 was not an accurate assessment of what he can do on the field. It was a fluke. He has good range and ball hawk skills but absolutely no fundamentals. His cousin on the other hand is a phenom.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes could use a good Nickelback. But I don't know if he would be any good in a cover 2 D.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
His cousin on the other hand is a phenom.
How bout we give him more then one year too, people were crowning Antonio after 2007 too...Although DRC is alot more fundamentally sound right now then Antonio ever was, but I want to see him for another year or 2 to see if he follows it up or if he just tries to go for the INT everytime like it's flag football.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How bout we give him more then one year too, people were crowning Antonio after 2007 too...Although DRC is alot more fundamentally sound right now then Antonio ever was, but I want to see him for another year or 2 to see if he follows it up or if he just tries to go for the INT everytime like it's flag football.
First year in the league and hes already more fundamentally sound then AC thats saying something. Not to mention his range and ball hawk skills are just as good if not better then his cousins. I guarantee if you ask all the GM's in the league who they would rather have on there team 75% would go with the rookie DRC.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You think Cromartie could play FS? LOL, the guy is Deion Sanders 2.0 in terms of how he plays the game.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
First year in the league and hes already more fundamentally sound then AC thats saying something. Not to mention his range and ball hawk skills are just as good if not better then his cousins. I guarantee if you ask all the GM's in the league who they would rather have on there team 75% would go with the rookie DRC.

I never disputed that, but I said before you want to make bold statements lets see DRC with 2 or 3 seasons under his belt...After Antonio's season in 2007 everyone was all over his nuts and saying how good he was, not of course it's easy to say someone is so much better on a down year.

Right now probably 100% would take DRC but that's because Cro is coming off a terrible season so it's not much of a question right now.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are people asking if he can play FS? Sure, i guess he could, but i don't think that is an ideal situation for him. He's a CB. He had a good, but highlight driven 2nd season, and an absolutely terrible 3rd year where i would guess the spotlight got to his head.

With that said, i would be willing to take a risk on him. He has great ability, has the size/speed, and can make plays. Sure he's not physical, but as long as he's adequate in that regard, and picks up his mental game again, he can be a very good corner. I'm not jumping off him yet. I was never on like some people who hailed him as the best CB and all that, but now it is the total other way, and people jump as far away as possible. He's still got all the same ability that made him a real solid corner who made game changing plays 2 seasons ago. With his head on straight, he is a good corner. Classic example of someone realizing that INTs = big payday & media darling. As soon as a CB starts trying for INTs, they don't come. He needs to get back to basics, and let his physical gifts bring the INTs to him. Don't jump too far off the horse.....I expect a year in between the previous 2 next season.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if he had the same pass rush as he did 2yrs ago he wouldn't be on that block. Put him on a team with good pass rush and he is beast.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I think if he had the same pass rush as he did 2yrs ago he wouldn't be on that block. Put him on a team with good pass rush and he is beast.
or you could put him on dallas with all the other showboats :p jaykay

if the chargers improve their defensive line this will answer your question whether they want to keep Antonio Cromartie.

Alot of teams have those gamble cbs. They can be stars or they can be dunces. If he falls into a situation where he can do that, good for him, but this is the NFL, most teams don't like that.

Eagles brought in Samuel, not because he's amazing at covering, he can't cover tall guys; well Cromartie is just dumb sometimes. He still knows how to get a pick.

DeAngelo Hall, total jack***, he is so dumb its not funny. All the athletisism in the world cant make you a great cornerback, its what lies between the ears that completes the greats.

From my perspecitive i see only one guy that can be a shutdown corner and still get the picks, and that is Darrelle Revis, damn you JETS!!!!

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill take Cro in AZ

THE CRO CRO SHOW

He would be able to cover #2 WR adequately and with him, DRC, Rolle, and Wilson, everybody is a threat to take any pick to the House

our late 2nd would be the max i'd give up though

Last edited by fenikz : 03-03-2009 at 03:02 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cro is not going any where.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...ying/?chargers

Quote:
Smith: Cro staying
By Kevin Acee

Posted: 12:18 p.m. Tuesday March 3, 2009

Even if Drayton Florence returns to the Chargers, Antonio Cromartie won't be leaving.

So says Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith.

League sources had said the Chargers were quietly floating the idea of putting Cromartie on the block if they signed Florence.

"He's not being traded," Smith said today.

Asked Monday about the idea of trading Cromartie, Smith declined to confirm or deny the possibility.