Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-02-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation < Xio's 10th Annual NFLDC Fantasy Baseball League >

2015:
10 keepers, 1 prospect-keeper (130 ABs/50 IP or less)

2014 Keepers

Phone numbers

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-07-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....yoda made his pick, no?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So....yoda made his pick, no?
Xio said yes via IM. PF is on the clock.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll post for Yoda.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many choices.....
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

***Trade***

I give up:

Andrew McCutchen
Anibal Sanchez

Xio gives up:

Edwin Encarnacion
Jason Heyward

Looking at the available players, I just don't see a bat available that can get me HRs, and my keepers don't exactly have much power potential. To get Encarnacion at 3B for even a year could give me a big boost. Add in Jason Heyward, who I still think could break out in a huge way, and I think it was a no-brainer for me.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 03-02-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I confirm the trade. Speak up if you object. Trades are still subject to review by league members before the season.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's a terrible trade for irish. Why on earth would you ever trade McCutchen? For a year of Encarnacion and a lesser version of McCutchen?

Old 03-02-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I think that's a terrible trade for irish. Why on earth would you ever trade McCutchen? For a year of Encarnacion and a lesser version of McCutchen?
It surprises me that you see it that way. I had some major second-thoughts all day before it was announced. Heyward could very easily approach McCutchen's numbers if he has that breakout season that everyone has always projected for him.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
It's not one year of Encarnacion. It's one year of Encarnacion being a top 3B, then still being a big power threat after that.

As for Heyward, I think he could quickly approach McCutchen's levels in at least 3 categories.

The big draw for me was improving my keeper depth. I don't really think that much of Sanchez and saw him more as a player to trade high on.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought that instantly as well. But then I looked up some numbers and thought about it a little more and its not that bad. Xio is getting the better deal but if Irish really needs HRs, he's certainly getting some back and Xio is taking a hit there.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It surprises me that you see it that way. I had some major second-thoughts all day before it was announced. Heyward could very easily approach McCutchen's numbers if he has that breakout season that everyone has always projected for him.
Generally speaking, the winner of the trade is the guy who gets the best player. McCutchen is clearly the gem here. He's a 20/20 guy with a .400 OBP and he's 27 years old. Heyward might exceed that power, but he'll never make up the steals and I doubt he'll get the OBP.

And why take that risk? To swap Encarnacion for Sanchez? That's worth it?

I won't vote against it because it's on him to shape a team that wasn't his to begin with, but it's a bad trade.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It's not one year of Encarnacion. It's one year of Encarnacion being a top 3B, then still being a big power threat after that.

As for Heyward, I think he could quickly approach McCutchen's levels in at least 3 categories.

The big draw for me was improving my keeper depth. I don't really think that much of Sanchez and saw him more as a player to trade high on.
You have IF and UTIL as well in this league. I've started three 1B in the past.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If you don't view Sanchez as being a keeper I guess it makes sense, but I'd sure as hell keep him at this point.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Generally speaking, the winner of the trade is the guy who gets the best player. McCutchen is clearly the gem here. He's a 20/20 guy with a .400 OBP and he's 27 years old. Heyward might exceed that power, but he'll never make up the steals and I doubt he'll get the OBP.

And why take that risk? To swap Encarnacion for Sanchez? That's worth it?

I won't vote against it because it's on him to shape a team that wasn't his to begin with, but it's a bad trade.
I'm getting the best player in the trade, but also the riskiest by far in Anibal. He won't repeat his career year last year.

I can see why you'd boil this down to me getting the single best player in the trade, but I'm giving up two really valuable players to get him. I can't stress enough how tough of a call this was for me.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUGHEAD?!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you. Grrrrr.....

Kinsler baby... sorry, it just wasn't meant to be.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Damn you. Grrrrr.....

you really think he was going to last until the 11th selection of the 1st round?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
If you don't view Sanchez as being a keeper I guess it makes sense, but I'd sure as hell keep him at this point.
I don't see Sanchez as a keeper anywhere near Heyward or Encarnacion's level. Dude beat his career K% by almost 2% last year at age 30. I just don't see that as sustainable, nor do I see his HR/FB staying so low next year.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Damn you. Grrrrr.....

Sorry. 2B is just so weak. And the only other option worth anything won't give the HR and RBIs I lack.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
***Trade***

I give up:

Andrew McCutchen
Anibal Sanchez

Xio gives up:

Edwin Encarnacion
Jason Heyward

Looking at the available players, I just don't see a bat available that can get me HRs, and my keepers don't exactly have much power potential. To get Encarnacion at 3B for even a year could give me a big boost. Add in Jason Heyward, who I still think could break out in a huge way, and I think it was a no-brainer for me.
...and so it begins....
Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C - Brian McCann, NYY (K)
1B - Paul Goldschmidt, ARZ (K)
2B - Jedd Gyorko, 3B/SD (3rd)
3B - Manny Machado, BAL (K)
SS - Starlin Castro, CHC (1st)
IF - Matt Adams, 1B/STL (2nd)
OF - Giancarlo Stanton, MIA (K)
OF - Matt Kemp, LAD (K)
OF - Mark Trumbo, 1B/ARZ (K)
OF - Jayson Werth, WSH (K)
Util - Evan Gattis, C/OF/ATL (8th)

SP - Clayton Kershaw, LAD (K)
SP - Chris Sale, CWS (K)
SP - Chris Archer, TB (5th)
SP - Hiroki Kuroda, NYY (7th)
SP - Clay Buchholz, BOS (10th)
RP - Casey Janssen, TOR (4th)
RP - Tommy Hunter, BAL (6th)
RP - Joaquín Benoit, SD (11th)
P - Jarrod Parker SP/OAK (13th)
P - Pedro Strop RP/CHC (16th)
P - Martín Pérez SP/TEX (17th)

BN - Dylan Bundy P/BAL (K)
BN - Jonathan Villar SS/HOU (9th)
BN - Mike Moustakas 3B/KC (12th)
BN - Carlos Correa SS/HOU (14th)
BN - Michael Morse 1B/OF/SF (15th)
BN - Justin Smoak 1B/SEA (18th)
BN - Yonder Alonso 1B/SD (19th)
BN - Nick franklin, 2B/SEA (20th)

N/A - Dylan Bundy P/BAL (K)
N/A - Carlos Correa SS/HOU (14th)
DL
DL
DL
DL

Last edited by KCJ58 : 03-17-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I tried to message yo, but no puedo.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Biggest surprise pick has to be Profar so far, right? Straight forward otherwise. I don't know why I expected Profar to go a bit later.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I wonder if yo is going to PM Xio all his picks since he won't post here. lol
Old 03-02-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
I tried to message yo, but no puedo.
and we all though Jug would stall the draft. Nope has to be the guy who has the least amount of posts this offseason and the longest to declare his keepers.