Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

Bronco in UT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Tony Sheffler on the Block...

Hey all,

I'm getting the impression from my Broncos that Tony Sheffler is on the block, anyone with input on what he is worth? (draft picks) For anyone who isn't familiar, he is a great receiving TE but a sub-par blocker. Also, who would be potential suitors for him? Thanks, GO BRONCS
Bronco in UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles should consider sending their 4th round pick for him.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco in UT View Post
Hey all,

I'm getting the impression from my Broncos that Tony Sheffler is on the block, anyone with input on what he is worth? (draft picks) For anyone who isn't familiar, he is a great receiving TE but a sub-par blocker. Also, who would be potential suitors for him? Thanks, GO BRONCS
Potential suitors for him would include IMO

Buffalo
Cleveland
Detroit (hey, why not? They need just about everything)
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Carolina (unlikely)
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

I'm just trying to get a relative understanding of what he is worth on the market. People in Bronco land tend to WAY overvalue current players on the roster. He is injury prone, and really doesn't fit into McDaniels' system.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bucs gave up a 2nd for Winslow. I think you are looking at a 3rd or 4th for Scheffler.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
The Bucs gave up a 2nd for Winslow. I think you are looking at a 3rd or 4th for Scheffler.
If we could get a third I would be ecstatic....One more pick to dedicate to the DL
Old 03-04-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do the broncos have anything behind sheffler?
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If my team needed a pass catching TE, I'd trade a third for Schefler in a heartbeat.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

Not really, Daniel Graham is the starter and has already played in the Patriots' system. He is the ideal TE for that system. I would suspect they could entertain grabbing another blocking TE via FA or late in the draft....
Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just trying to get a relative understanding of what he is worth on the market. People in Bronco land tend to WAY overvalue current players on the roster. He is injury prone, and really doesn't fit into McDaniels' system.
You are 100% correct. BTW, your handle looks rather familiar... are you posting over at Broncomania?

As I said over there, a late 3rd - 4th would be a decent exchange for the Broncos.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
You are 100% correct. BTW, your handle looks rather familiar... are you posting over at Broncomania?

As I said over there, a late 3rd - 4th would be a decent exchange for the Broncos.
That is me, I have to come over here often to get a "sensible" approach to fee agency and other topics. Some people over there too often post too much crap before getting the facts straight. Bye the way, how do you feel about us potentially moving Sheff? I really think he is a good player, but McD's offense is predicated on WRs versus TEs.....
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really, Daniel Graham is the starter and has already played in the Patriots' system. He is the ideal TE for that system. I would suspect they could entertain grabbing another blocking TE via FA or late in the draft....
I forgot about Graham, he probably will have a bit of a renaissance under McDaniels
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I forgot about Graham, he probably will have a bit of a renaissance under McDaniels
Yeah I was a little disappointed given the size of his contract when we brought him in. However, I have completely changed my tune on Graham and he is actually a really good TE.....
Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the Falcons look at him. LJ Smith is visiting Detroit and I dont know anymore if he will be a Falcon. While the Falcons need a more well balanced TE, it wouldn't hurt to have a great receiving threat over the middle like Scheffler.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like scheff a lot, and I really don't want to see him go...but I would be happy if we got a third for him. A 4th would be alright I guess. But I think graham is gonna be great this year.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bye the way, how do you feel about us potentially moving Sheff? I really think he is a good player, but McD's offense is predicated on WRs versus TEs.....
IIRC, his offense is the spread version of the Erhardt-Perkins system... there's plenty of latitude to use more of the base system and run 2 TE sets if he wants to.

The bigger issue is blocking. Scheff just doesn't fit the mould. Wierdly enough (considering how pass-happy the Pats have been), the roots of McDaniels' system are very much smash-mouth, so the TE is expected to be a good blocker. Combine that with a reputation for being fragile and I can see why he'd be on the trade block.

Any team running a West Coast offense (or some derivative) should take a very close look at him, as he can do a lot of damage in the right situation.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Bronco in UT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
IIRC, his offense is the spread version of the Erhardt-Perkins system... there's plenty of latitude to use more of the base system and run 2 TE sets if he wants to.

The bigger issue is blocking. Scheff just doesn't fit the mould. Wierdly enough (considering how pass-happy the Pats have been), the roots of McDaniels' system are very much smash-mouth, so the TE is expected to be a good blocker. Combine that with a reputation for being fragile and I can see why he'd be on the trade block.

Any team running a West Coast offense (or some derivative) should take a very close look at him, as he can do a lot of damage in the right situation.
Sheff is particularly suited for getting up the seam QUICKLY. He is stellar in that role (when healthy), which opens up the crossing routes for receivers that can get some YAC. He would be well suited for a team running the west coast....
Old 03-04-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I wonder if the Falcons look at him. LJ Smith is visiting Detroit and I dont know anymore if he will be a Falcon. While the Falcons need a more well balanced TE, it wouldn't hurt to have a great receiving threat over the middle like Scheffler.

This is what I was thinking. I could definitely see this move now that it seems we aren't going to get LJ.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
This is what I was thinking. I could definitely see this move now that it seems we aren't going to get LJ.
I don't see it though. His blocking skills are inadequate and blocking is very important for our scheme.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

How bad is Scheffler's blocking? Obviously it's difficult to pinpoint the blocking of a TE for another team.

If his blocking is non-existent, then I doubt the Falcons go for it. On the other hand, there aren't really any well-rounded TEs in the draft, except in the 1st, so if it's for a 3rd or 4th then I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
chuuuuuuuch
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Scheffler can't even stay healthy.

Plus this is a good TE class.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
We already have someone just like him in Brent Celek.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Meh, Scheffler can't even stay healthy.

Plus this is a good TE class.
That's why I don't mind parting with him for a third or fourth. Can prolly get a better TE for the system with the pick.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I could see the giants sending a fourth for him, he'd be a great compliment to the bossman and we could teach him to block. Plus we have a **** ton of picks and have pretty good depth at most positions.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote