Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-08-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why eacantdraft is the most ignorant poster on the site, anyone who doesn't take his ridicously pessimistic view on things is labeled a fan girl. He has the mind of a 3 year old and doesn't understand that just because you don't think someone is horrible doesn't mean you think they are great either.

He conveiently forgets to mention that Accorsi was a .500 GM, which is average, not the worst GM in the league, not the worst GM ever. He made some bad decisions, and some good ones, just like every other average GM in the league.

He could do us a favor and walk in front of train, what a pathetic excuse for a fan.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
This is why eacantdraft is the most ignorant poster on the site, anyone who doesn't take his ridicously pessimistic view on things is labeled a fan girl. He has the mind of a 3 year old and doesn't understand that just because you don't think someone is horrible doesn't mean you think they are great either.

He conveiently forgets to mention that Accorsi was a .500 GM, which is average, not the worst GM in the league, not the worst GM ever. He made some bad decisions, and some good ones, just like every other average GM in the league.

He could do us a favor and walk in front of train, what a pathetic excuse for a fan.
UH OH. eacantdraft made a powerful enemy.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
UH OH. eacantdraft made a powerful enemy.
I'm tired of his crap posts
Old 03-08-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I'm not sure about Duckett to be honest. I'd much rather have a speedy back who can be lined up in the slot. While Darius Walker is exactly speedy, I would love to see him on our roster. Although I personally would love to grab Lorenzo Booker if we can get him at good value.

Brian Leonard will not happen unless for some cataclysmic reason he ends up dropping to us in the second. Look for Tampa to take him the second. Gruden loved him at the Senior Bowl and they could use someone to help Cadillac Williams out. Clearly we will not take him in the first.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

We are looking for a FB. We were looking a Mughelli before he recieved an insane contract. That means we aren't 100% satisfied with Finn. If Leonard gets back up to 235-240, we should look into drafting him in the 3rd round. Other than that, i'd say no to Leonard also.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

There are plenty of GM's who have better than a .500 record. EA also had the propensity of taking players higher than they should have been and these players never panned out.

The guy was a total buffoon. There were reasons why the Giants were his third team. Totally glad that he is gone.

Just look at what Reece is doing shows you what he thought of many of his former boss's picks. They reaked of suckage.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

And there are plenty of GMs that are worse then 500, league average.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10042827

As soon as April gets here, the running back conversations will turn to draft prospects like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bush, Tony Hunt, Kenny Irons, Lorenzo Booker and Brian Leonard. With teams like the Texans, Jets and Broncos already resolving their running back situations, some very good backs in the draft are going to drop and are going to be tremendous values in the second and third rounds. The money investment in those rounds is going to put more pressure on the free-agent backs and lessen the compensation a team would give in a trade for a back.

Green Bay, Cleveland, Baltimore, the New York Giants, Tennessee, Oakland and Pittsburgh, among others, have to be thrilled at the possibilities to fill their running back needs now that the market is coming to them. If Thomas Jones can be traded for a swap of second-round picks after a season with 1,364 total yards, you can get a bargain in this market very shortly.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I'm not sure about Duckett to be honest. I'd much rather have a speedy back who can be lined up in the slot. While Darius Walker is exactly speedy, I would love to see him on our roster. Although I personally would love to grab Lorenzo Booker if we can get him at good value.

Brian Leonard will not happen unless for some cataclysmic reason he ends up dropping to us in the second. Look for Tampa to take him the second. Gruden loved him at the Senior Bowl and they could use someone to help Cadillac Williams out. Clearly we will not take him in the first.
ya i do not think duckett is the right fit for us- hes similar to brandon jacobs in the power back mold where as we need a speedy complement to him. I too like lorenzo booker a lot

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
joepas171

There will probably be good value in the draft at Rb so we'll get a good one. Not that we need one tho. I want Jacobs getting at least 75% of the carries. He's gonna be the man for the forseeable future IMO.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepas171 View Post
There will probably be good value in the draft at Rb so we'll get a good one. Not that we need one tho. I want Jacobs getting at least 75% of the carries. He's gonna be the man for the forseeable future IMO.
I think whoever we get in the draft, it should play out to be a 65-35 with jacobs gettin the most- if we get rhodes may b a 60-40 type situation

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
joepas171

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
I think whoever we get in the draft, it should play out to be a 65-35 with jacobs gettin the most- if we get rhodes may b a 60-40 type situation
I'll live with that too.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:46 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
The Giants aint getting Rhodes.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
The Giants aint getting Rhodes.
QFT. Finally somebody that agrees.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Why would Rhodes come to NY to be a part timer when he could sign with Buffalo or some other team and be a starter?
Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Why would Rhodes come to NY to be a part timer when he could sign with Buffalo or some other team and be a starter?
I doubt he'll be starting anywhere, but we still don't want him. He'll probably end up backing up Lamont Jordan in Oakland. Or brought into Buffalo to complete with a rookie for the starting job.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt he'll be starting anywhere, but we still don't want him. He'll probably end up backing up Lamont Jordan in Oakland. Or brought into Buffalo to complete with a rookie for the starting job.
No team will have him as an uncontested starter. Buffalo signed Chris Brown remember.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind it looks like Rhodes signed with the Raiders. Only 2 years 7.5 million dollars. He is well worth that to me. I think Reese dropped the ball on this one.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-09-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I called it.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Well Lamont might get cut, so he might not be backing up Jordan.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea for that little money, Reese's pieces definitely screwed that one up....
Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Yea for that little money, Reese's pieces definitely screwed that one up....
I'm actually not terribly upset we didn't get a free agent to spell Jacobs. None of them were really the speedy back who could catch out of the backfield. Plus we'll save money by drafting a rookie.