Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brian Dawkins Appreciation Thread

Well Trot got one when his days as an Eagles were over, so I think Dawk deserves one as well, even moreso. The undoubted leader of our defense, and maybe the entire team, the last 13 seasons is gone, and is greatly missed. When it finally became official, I knew it was the end of an era.

We will miss you forever Dawk, and seeing you in a blue and orange jersey will always look hideous to me. No matter what the future has for Dawk, I will always remember him, and remember him best, in Midnight Green. His monkey crawl on to the field will forever be engrained in me as an Eagles fan, and because of him, I am a different fan than I would be had he not been an Eagle. I wish him the best in the future, and I know no matter what he will be successful, and a first class person. In Philly and all of Eagledom, he is truly bigger than life.

Even if the next time I see him is when his bust is unveiled in Canton, the wait would be well worth it. Goodbye Brian Dawkins, I know I speak for every Eagles fan when I say today is one of the worst days in recent Eagles memory because we are letting one of the true greats, in every sense of the word, go on to other opportunites..

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Fly_EaglesFly
Rookie

Fly_EaglesFly hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dawk was the peoples champ in this city, representing the hard working blue collar nature of our beloved city. Midnight green is the ONLY color that i can ever envision Dawk in. i hope him all the best and will forever have the gret memories and the bone crushing hits to remember ya by!
Fly_EaglesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to see Weapon X in a Broncos Uniform. The black visor won't be as intimidating.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being only 17 Dawk has been an eagle for as far back as I can remember, and he will always be my favorite eagle. I really wish he could have retired in Philadelphia but a player playing for 1 team his whole career is extremely rare these days, even for the legends. It will be very hard watching him in a broncos uniform and I hope I don't have to see it for the next 5 years. I am very sad the eagles weren't able to win a Super Bowl for him.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 02-28-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

It's going to be hard seeing Dawkins in another uniform. He has been the heart and soul of this Eagles team for a long time. I'll never forget all of the great plays/games he has made/had over the year. One that comes to mind is the Texans game where he had a sack, interception, fumble recovery, and touchdown catch. The flying tackle, hit on Alge Crumpler, and hit on Ike Hilliard are all plays that I'll remember forever. I wish he could have retired in Philly but it was not to be. He'll always be an Eagles in my heart. Good luck as a Bronco.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A tribute to one of the Eagles greats.....

Old 02-28-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Being only 17 Dawk has been an eagle for as far back as I can remember, and he will always be my favorite eagle. I really wish he could have retired in Philadelphia but a player playing for 1 team his whole career is extremely rare these days, even for the legends. It will be very hard watching him in a broncos uniform and I hope I don't have to see it for the next 5 years. I am very sad the eagles weren't able to win a Super Bowl for him.
Being 19 I can say the same thing I know when I am an old man, I will look back and remember that Brian Dawkins made me as proud as any fan could be, to be a fan of the Eagles.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins is one of my favorite NFL players that ever played they game.

I will always remember him as an eagle.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins is a pimp. I wish him well in Denver, but he'll always be an Eagle!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://csnphilly.com/pages/player?is...2&af=3&dord=mr

What a class act. The way the FO treated him in the end is hideous and Dawkins deserved better.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

I miss Dawkins already...My jersey just doesn't feel the same. Next time i'm out playing football and I break up a pass my buddies aren't going to look at me and yell "DAWKINS!" with me. It's a sad day. Best of luck to him though, hope he does well in Denver.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Brian Dawkins will always be #20 in Green/Black/White with a black visor to me. Seeing him in Denver just won't be the Brian Dawkins I know.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLionALL View Post
I miss Dawkins already...My jersey just doesn't feel the same. Next time i'm out playing football and I break up a pass my buddies aren't going to look at me and yell "DAWKINS!" with me. It's a sad day. Best of luck to him though, hope he does well in Denver.
ANy time there was a great secondary play when I play football, people would yell out "Dawkins!" or "Dawk" or "Wolverine!" Now what are they gonna say? "Asante" I don't think so...

Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://csnphilly.com/pages/player?is...2&af=3&dord=mr
^^
Brian Dawkins can't finish an interview.
Wow, Brian Dawkins no longer an Eagle. Dawkins is not an Eagle. Wow. Just Wow.

I don't think we're ever going to see anyone like Dawkins, ever, nor do I think we will ever fully grasp what Dawkins means to the Eagles. The best man on the Eagles is now gone, it is the unfortunate reality. I wish that I could find every quote where players talked about Dawkins and what he means to them. Shawn Andrews is the latest of the people that Brian Dawkins has helped, when Andrews was down Dawkins extended himself to Andrews and helped him pull through a difficult time.

Now, the NFL is a buisness and the ultimate goal is to win the superbowl and the question is, Without Dawkins are the Eagles better? My answer is a resounding no. Who is going to bring the fire the way Dawkins did? Who is going to give everything they have the way Dawkins did? Who is going to be the rolemodel that Dawkins is? Who is going to take guys under their wing the way Dawkins did? No one and there is no pretending otherwise. Dawkins has something tha nobody else has and I don't know what it is and I don't think anyone can. It is just the nature of Brian Dawkins, he's never satisfied, always hungry, wants more, that is just Dawkins. The way he ran his defense was great, he went out there with a mentality that he is going to hurt someone and it transfered over to the other players. He went out there and told the defense, mind your own responsibilities and it will all work, don't do more than your supposed to. He went out there and got the fans roaring.

Dawkins was the heart and soul of the Eagles and I am extremely saddened to see him leave. Dawkins wasn't just a football player, Dawkins was a leader, motivator, mentor, rolemodel and a great man. Dawkins trancends the game, he is more than what an athlete is supposed to be. I will look back and remember that Brian Dawkins made me as proud as any fan could be, to be a fan of the Eagles. I will never forget Dawkins and I feel terrible for the new fans who will never see him play because they have missed out on something that will never be seen again, Brian Dawkins.

“That's what I love so much about this team." said Dawkins "We have some warriors here. We have some guys who go out there and fight. That's the best thing about this team. No matter what happens, we just keep fighting. You have to love that.”

“It's simple, ... I'm always striving to do more. Whatever I accomplish, it's not enough. I don't get satisfied. That's not my nature.”-Brian Dawkins

"I will never have my best season,”- Brian Dawkins

"I'm playing this game because I'm blessed and want to help this team win the Super Bowl, ... At the same time, I want to be considered the best safety that has ever played the game.”- Brian Dawkins

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...o&confirm=true
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSrF...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xw6O...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93Sqi7YLOg

Sad to see him go.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Brian Dawkins is GOD

:(
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you Dawk godspeed. I hope he resigns with Philly before he retires so he can go out an Eagle.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He'll probably do what Emmit Smith and a few other greats did and re-sign with their team for a one day contract and announce their retirement. I really don't see him playing another 5 years though...

Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Brian Dawkins is GOD

:(
AAAAAAHHHHHHH! You're back! haha

Old 03-03-2009, 08:16 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
AAAAAAHHHHHHH! You're back! haha
Yea I know I can't wait until my fan base starts neg repping me for being happy about trading Lito
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm happy Lito's gone now, especially if he gets us a 2nd or 3rd rounder...

He didn't have much value as our 4th CB anyway.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By far, the best Eagle since Reggie White.

One of my favorite players in the game. I hope he wins a championship with Denver sometime.

HOFer for sure.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yea I know I can't wait until my fan base starts neg repping me for being happy about trading Lito
No, it's not about trading Lito. It's about neg repping you because it was the first post I saw of yours.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
By far, the best Eagle since Reggie White.

One of my favorite players in the game. I hope he wins a championship with Denver sometime.

HOFer for sure.
Unfortunately, I can't remember Reggie as an Eagle, only with the Packers and afterward... I want him to be happy when he retires, thats all I care about.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for me to invest in a Dawkins Broncos jersey. One of the classiest men in the game...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Time for me to invest in a Dawkins Broncos jersey. One of the classiest men in the game...
Even though I love him, I would never wear anything other than his Eagles jersey. Thats him at his best, and he deserves to be remebered as one of the best...