Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
All the NFC east teams should make a roy williams appreciation thread im sure he helped all of us win a game or 3
Brunell to Moss comes to mind.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
William Moore to the cowboys is starting to make a lot of sense now. But yea most of us saw it coming....we saved 2.2 million on the cap by making the move...and obviously the interest wasn't there to move him.
I think they'd be wiser to try and get ahold of a coverage FS and slide Hamlin over...A better move for the future I think. Jarius Byrd would be a nice pickup if available in round 2. They could even try him out at corner and if he works out, they could put Terrance Newman back at FS in the future.

But on Williams....lol. Jerry Jones is starting to look like he prefers to have a football team than a media circus now.

Someone somewhere will give Roy a chance...probably a year at the vet minimum and use him as a situation safety....make try him out at weakside LB.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think they'd be wiser to try and get ahold of a coverage FS and slide Hamlin over...A better move for the future I think. Jarius Byrd would be a nice pickup if available in round 2. They could even try him out at corner and if he works out, they could put Terrance Newman back at FS in the future.

But on Williams....lol. Jerry Jones is starting to look like he prefers to have a football team than a media circus now.

Someone somewhere will give Roy a chance...probably a year at the vet minimum and use him as a situation safety....make try him out at weakside LB.
This safety class outside of Moore and Delmas is a joke imo...depending on your feelings of Johnson. My early pick for the cowboys was Pegues as he had some return value as well....but he just doesn't scream NFL starter to me either.

Cowboys fans have been calling for Sean Jones...but apparently we haven't made the move...and with Igor coming to town it doesn't seem likely that we could sign both.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't be THAT bad. He obviously has some talent, and I think a team picks him up cheaply to play SS in a 4-3 or weakside OLB. I hope he does well.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
He can't be THAT bad. He obviously has some talent, and I think a team picks him up cheaply to play SS in a 4-3 or weakside OLB. I hope he does well.
Well he has looked out of shape for a few years now. But they did a special on him on espn...and he looked in shape....so not quite sure what to make of it. It's hard to believe he will ever be a 3 down safety again...because he has regressed every year since Woodson left....WOLB is probably his last option imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This safety class outside of Moore and Delmas is a joke imo...depending on your feelings of Johnson. My early pick for the cowboys was Pegues as he had some return value as well....but he just doesn't scream NFL starter to me either.

Cowboys fans have been calling for Sean Jones...but apparently we haven't made the move...and with Igor coming to town it doesn't seem likely that we could sign both.
I like Delmas and Johnson as the top FS types, Delmas could even play some SS in the right scheme, and I feel that Moore is strictly a SS.

Thats why I said Byrd might be a nice option late 2nd where your picking. Try him out at corner, if he doesn't do so well there, make him your future FS. And if he does do well, let him eventually take over at CB and slide Terrance Newman back there as he's aging.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas is already set at corner and they seem relcutant to move Hamlin to SS because of his suspect tackling...so, we're pretty much looking exclusively at SS types.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dallas is already set at corner and they seem relcutant to move Hamlin to SS because of his suspect tackling...so, we're pretty much looking exclusively at SS types.
Moore/Chung might just be your godsends if they last that long then.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahah what if Moore turns into Williams,...it could be possible.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
hahah what if Moore turns into Williams,...it could be possible.
we could play the "what if" game all night....but yes the similarities are there coming out of college.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-05-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These types of moves by high paid teams have more to do with fitting a roster into the salary cap than a discussion on how good a player is. These type of teams have to make tough decisions every year. Williams and TO will be picked up by somebody, you can count on that.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not in this case...this isnt a salary cap move at all. The fact that we save $2 million is just an added bonus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Just to add onto what MOTH said....Roy actually asked earlier this week to be traded or cut....on top of the fact that we were already shopping him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-05-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England wanted a "rover" safety last year (SS/OLB hybrid), but Tank Williams was put on IR and I guess they didn't like what they saw from John Lynch. Roy Williams would be a pretty decent rover though, I think.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
New England wanted a "rover" safety last year (SS/OLB hybrid), but Tank Williams was put on IR and I guess they didn't like what they saw from John Lynch. Roy Williams would be a pretty decent rover though, I think.
Williams could play that Rodney Harrison-esque role, and if theres a guy in the league who can figure out a use for Williams, it would be Bellichick.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Roy is done. He just wants to sit around and pontificate about Jesus and how he is a righteous man.

I think whoever signs him is in for a surprise. The guy simply does not care and is tying to get by on reputation and whatever physical talent he can muster.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

He is a scrub and all he can do is drop his shoulder to make a tackle. If i was any team, I would stay away. He is getting old and he is just straight up garbage ever since Darren Woodson has been with ESPN.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still mad about TO. It'll be a while before I get over that.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
If no one signs him he will be the first player to ever make the Pro Bowl as a free agent.
I just needed to call attention to this post. Awesome stuff.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Move him to LB, his coverage skills just stink at SS.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Move him to LB, his coverage skills just stink at SS.
THANKS....i've been waiting for someone to explain how he will be a great player!!!!

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I thought about that for a second too but he's not exactly in a hurry to get his career back on track. That combined with the outright liability in coverage makes me very weary.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THANKS....i've been waiting for someone to explain how he will be a great player!!!!
No...he will be a great special teams tackling machine
Old 03-05-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
No...he will be a great special teams tackling machine
if he can ever get to the returner.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
if he can ever get to the returner.
So mean, so true.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote