Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) R. Maulaluga ilb usc
tremendous "ted/thumper" ilb prospect fits your 3-4 schem to perfection...a thumper that will free up his ilb mate by crashing into blockers and attacking the los...a playmaker and better in coverage than most give credit for....fills a need at better value than the remaining nose tackles....sleeper

2) T. Taylor n.t. michigan
short stcoky protoypical n.t. in the casy hampton mold...had a down year this year like the rest of the wolverines but showed flashes of dominance and had a very productive year the prior season...had a great combine and is worth the slight reach here to shore up a must have position....sleeper

3) J. Byrd c.b. oregon
physical corner with great speed is very good value here to replace bly...will be tutored by one of the best.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 - Using the 12 pick on a thumper inside isn't great value. I'm not sure I agree about his coverage skills either. Rey's lack of maturity and discipline may be a poor fit with what the new coaching staff is looking for.

2 - Terrance Taylor did not look good this year (though, to be fair, Michigan as a whole struggled) and sucked in the Shrine Bowl. He's got to be able to get off blocks. Round 2 seems early for a guy who has a lot to prove.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
IgorBStrange

I don't agree with any of the three rounds. Simply put, Rey is falling like a rock in the first round because he had a poor combine, over runs plays and is stiff in coverage. He has good leadership and that is about it for him.
Taylor is WAY over rated by many. According to some boards he may be available in the 5th and 6th rounds.
I don't know enough about Byrd just yet to comment much except that I do not see him in the top 100 of any list I have seen thus far.
From what I have seen so far, along with having read many scouting reports is that a kid named Sammie Lee Hill is the Kendall Langford of this draft. Langford was drafted by Miami last year and was a very nice surprise to many. Langford came out of Hampton and Hill is from a small school called Shipley. 6-4, 330 lbs with excellent speed and strength. What impresses me is he has a real motor, takes no plays off and he even went into a burning building to save people he did not know. My kind of guy.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BroncosFan15
Rookie

BroncosFan15 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dont like that draft at all!

Welcome To The Broncos Weapon X
BroncosFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote