Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Do you like the approach your team took in Free Agency?

I like what the 49ers have done. We're switching to something along the lines of a power run team with a few deep balls to keep defenses honest. So we got a FB who has had success with us in a similar scheme 2 years ago in Moran Norris and a WR with some potential and played in a similar scheme in Tennesee in Brandon Jones. Neither signing is a huge upgrade but we got good role players at good prices. Demetric Evans from the Redskins was also signed at less than 2 mil a year and he'll provide good depth. But im glad we avoided the big names this year. Not a whole lot of upgrades at positions of need, so not worth spending the big bucks this year. At least, IMO.

Other teams offseasons i've liked- Rams, Ravens, and Giants.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, we didnt over pay and we added some servicable/good players
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, we need more and we're being waiting for a Safety by the name of James Butler to decide, and he's not even a Pro Bowler, move on to the other Free Agents.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats are doing a great job getting stop-gaps in place so they can take high-ceiling players in the draft. This is a crappy draft class...you're not going to find a lot of guys that have high potential that can play at a high level right away... It's either getting a guy that can help you out now, but not really improve much beyond what he is or a high potential guy that can probably only help on special teams and special packages for awhile...
________
HEAD SHOP

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:05 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

I personally am happy with the Packers policy towards free agency. A lot of people will complain about Ted Thompson and his impossible to pry open wallet but I would rather build through the draft then overpay on a mediocre class of free agents.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping that the new regime would build through the draft like the Steelers and Colts and a few other teams do, and so far that looks to be the case. We haven't done anything exciting, but I'm not dissatisfied with the offseason so far that's for sure.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the Jets have done. They have been willing to go and get players that fill voids, and some that know the new system. I much prefer this to sitting around and being passive. I love Bart Scotts enthusiasm, and having a guy like him to rally the troops and that knows the system is a very big boost. The difference between not having and having him should be considerable. Leohnard is a nice guy to get because he knows the system and is at least on par with Elam. Sheppard is a guy i've always liked, and hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder to show he was treated unfairly by the Eagles. He should be leaps and bounds better than any #2 we've had lately.

All good additions in my mind.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll find no complaints from me.. Loved the Boley and Bernard signings. Think Boley is going to flourish here as a blitzing/attacking linebacker and I think the Bernard signing gives us great depth at tackle.. The Canty signing blew me away.. Didn't see that coming but when I read that he didn't want to leave the east coast, I had a good feeling and I feel he'll be a beast for us.. and then C.C. Brown.. under the radar quality signing, something that JR seems to perfect.. he'll compete with Michael Johnson to start at strong safety and will form a very formidable 3 man safety group with Kenny Phillips as well.. Overall, job well done Mr. Reese
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of happy with what the Broncos have done. I really like the signing of Dawkins to bring some veteran leadership to a crappy defense. I think we overpaid Goodman, which is really no different from us overpaying Bly. The Hill and Buckhalter signings were good, but I feel that they signed too many runningbacks. It doesn't seem like Hillis is going to get a fair shake, and I really liked what I saw out of him last year. They added some good D line depth, but really no one outstanding. Enough players to improve the defense, and let them build through the draft.

Overall, I'd give them a B, B+ tops

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i'll second the liking of the 49ers off-season. Re-signing Spikes, and Rossum were both great moves.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, I like the idea if they are not worth what they are going to get then forget them. Plus we will be resigning our own guys who have proven they can play in our system.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the Titans have done so far. Hopefully we'll sign another CB and maybe a LB or something before the draft. I also haven't heard anything about our backup o-lineman so hopefully we re-sign them as well.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I was hoping that the new regime would build through the draft like the Steelers and Colts and a few other teams do, and so far that looks to be the case. We haven't done anything exciting, but I'm not dissatisfied with the offseason so far that's for sure.
Personally, I love what the Browns are doing. Kokinis' big claim to fame was his scouting of other teams players and he's taking his time and not overpaying for people. The Browns have only signed two players who are likely backups, but for very reasonable contracts.

Mike Adams for 3 years, $4.1 million seems like a steal for how well he played last year.

I hope the Browns can also sign Leigh Bodden and CJ Mosely.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
It doesn't seem like Hillis is going to get a fair shake, and I really liked what I saw out of him last year.
"Fair shake"? The FB has a role in McDaniels' offense, just not a big one. Hillis won't start but I expect he'll still contribute as FB and perhaps also H-Back/TE.

We were in need of a defensive overhaul and we got it. No one particularly outstanding, but enough experienced players to tide us over while we draft and develop their replacements. On offense, we added some role players and guys familiar with the new system.

Despite the panic around some of the fan favorites, it seems like the new additions will bring a fair amount of stability that was sorely lacking last year. I like what've they've tried to do so far... it will be interesting to see how things play out in the draft.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a word.... NO!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I am not happy at all.
We've had 12 or 13 visits so far, and 3 signings. Yes, 3.
And those three players were backups last season.

We have not improved at all. As usual, next season doesn't look promising for the Bills.
They need to stop dicking around with this no-gm ****. It doesn't work. We need to get rid of Jauron and his coordinators. This organization is messed up from top to bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
"Fair shake"? The FB has a role in McDaniels' offense, just not a big one. Hillis won't start but I expect he'll still contribute as FB and perhaps also H-Back/TE.

We were in need of a defensive overhaul and we got it. No one particularly outstanding, but enough experienced players to tide us over while we draft and develop their replacements. On offense, we added some role players and guys familiar with the new system.

Despite the panic around some of the fan favorites, it seems like the new additions will bring a fair amount of stability that was sorely lacking last year. I like what've they've tried to do so far... it will be interesting to see how things play out in the draft.
The defensive overhaul was good, no doubt. It is a more stable group of guys. No one stellar, but no real slackers. Gives them more flexibility in the draft. Hopefully they can grab some guys that can become amazing, but there isn't as much pressure on them having to turn the team around themselves.

I just hope that McDaniels makes some room for Hillis in the passing game. Because if he is looking for a pure blocking FB, he won't really get that out of Hillis. I was pretty excited when we drafted Hillis last year, so i don't want to see him sit on the bench all year :(

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Step 1: Let your best DE walk
Step 2: Sign an old LB who will differ little from the old one you just let walk
Step 3: Release a burnt out QB you never should have signed in the first place
Step 4: Trade a talented corner for another burnt out QB
Step 5: Release one of the only players on your team who actually has heart
Step 6: Release a horrible safety who should have been let go years ago

How could this go wrong?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago Bears took the ***** approach. Im not saying they should be out there signing every free agent possible, or even go after the huge superstars, but getting solid players to fill some holes would have been nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

As a Raider fan YES.better then last years spending spree.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings haven't done anything. They have let their fan favorite center go. They signed an old full-back, which was good, but wasn't really up to par. They missed out on a WR that would have helped us. And we wasted a 4th round draft pick on a younger version of what we had all season. Thank you Brad ******* Childress.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha....the Bears and FA is a joke.

Like seriously....it's good we don't act like the Redskins and just throw money at anything that moves every year, but it gets annoying with how slow we are. Our only signing to date is Frank Omiyale who we paid something like 4 years, 15 mil to....for a 6'4 310 OT with 1 career start...yeesh. Word is we want him as a RT in case we can't resign St. Clair and if we do resign St. Clair, we'll probably have him compete for the RG spot.

Thats our one big move.

I'm glad we didn't overpay for someone like Housh or Dev Henderson, or someone old like Dawkins, but it would be kind of nice to get a move on by signing some mid level guys.

Leonard Weaver would be a great mid-level FA pickup. So would getting a veteran backup QB like Batch or someone...I know the staff likes Caleb Hanie but I'd rather not go into next year with the main backup to KO being a 2nd year UDFA.

The only other move I've even heard us associated with is possibly bringing back Kevin Jones. fml.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love our approach.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, yes... The Browns didn't go around signing everyone. I like that Mangini is going to try to build through the draft. I am upset that K2 is gone but I understand the move. Hopefully we can get a couple more draft picks and get rid of all the problems.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Steelers took the same approach they always take, which has obviously been successful in the past. The thing that kind of puzzles me about our offseason stragety, is that we refuse to overpay for any of our own guys... With the exception of our own crappy OLineman. Sure Starks was pretty good, but not $8million or so good. Kemo shouldn't be a starter, yet we're paying him starters cash. I think we should have tried to bring somebody in. I liked that we showed serious interest in Saturday, who would have played guard for us, but I would have liked for us to pursue some more OL talent in the FA period. Letting Nate go was a classic Steelers move, and it was the right one. Very similar to Randle El a few years ago, he got paid well above his value to us, so we let him walk. McFadden remains to be seen, hopefully his asking price goes down and we can resign him. I really hope we can get Starks done long term at a cheaper price than the franchise rate.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote