Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eagles sign S Sean Jones to 1 year deal

Link: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=17509

I like the move, but I would have liked a multi-year deal better, beggars can't be choosers though. Pretty good alternative for not signing Dawk.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit! FML!!!!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well F me sideways with a lunchbox.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Lose Dawkins and pick up Jones. Pretty nice consolation. And yes, FML, cuz he would've been perfect in a Saints jersey.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Sometimes life can actually be pretty good :)
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does AJ Smith hate me?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They still need some more depth at the position, but definitely a good signing
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have Mikell, Quentin Demps, and now Jones. They can also sign Sean Springs perhaps or even a Roy Williams (ha)...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Springs already signed with the patriots
Old 03-06-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There wasnt much interest at all and he only signed a one year deal. Those knees def. scared more than a few teams off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Have fun watching him get abused by tight ends and whiff on tackles.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
They have Mikell, Quentin Demps, and now Jones. They can also sign Sean Springs perhaps or even a Roy Williams (ha)...
Shawn Springs signed with New England yesterday...
Old 03-06-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure with the proper coaching, he can be deployed properly and will execute well. If not, he won't see the field and won't be back...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised that he setted for that, I would've thought Sean was looking for a longterm contract with his injury history and inconsistency. I guess his market wasn't as good as people thought it would be. Nice signing for the Eagles though, if nothing else a guy to fill the hole at safety for at least a year...not Dawkins but not bad.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised Cleveland didn't want to out do them. They must have surely heard of the offer by his agent before Sean signed the dotted line.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There wasnt much interest at all and he only signed a one year deal. Those knees def. scared more than a few teams off.
Shouldn't of scared us off, he was exactly what we needed, and exactly the type of deal we needed to give him, he could battle it out with whoever we picked in the 2nd round and would give us some end of the year options...Certainly wanted to lean this direction then tinkering with moving Scandrick around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Shouldn't of scared us off, he was exactly what we needed, and exactly the type of deal we needed to give him, he could battle it out with whoever we picked in the 2nd round and would give us some end of the year options...Certainly wanted to lean this direction then tinkering with moving Scandrick around.
I tend to agree...for one year, I wouldnt have minded gambling either. We literally have no one at safety outside of Hamlin. He's really not as good as a lot the Cowboy fans have been making him out to be but, I certainly agree we could have used him. Starting a rookie safety selected from round 2 on scares the hell out of me. It's not like we even have any depth.

I will say, though...I'd have to actually know what he got before I fully agree here. If he got like close to $4-$5 million for a year, we couldnt even afford that, in addition to Igor.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-06-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I tend to agree...for one year, I wouldnt have minded gambling either. We literally have no one at safety outside of Hamlin. He's really not as good as a lot the Cowboy fans have been making him out to be but, I certainly agree we could have used him. Starting a rookie safety selected from round 2 on scares the hell out of me. It's not like we even have any depth.

I will say, though...I'd have to actually know what he got before I fully agree here. If he got like close to $4-$5 million for a year, we couldnt even afford that, in addition to Igor.
Well we couldn't get something done with him.... We were busy courting Olshansky.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a really good signing by the Eagles even though I thought they would give Quentin Demps a try next year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well we couldn't get something done with him.... We were busy courting Olshansky.
I was speaking hypothetically...we figured the Igor deal would get done but, a lot of guys still wanted Jones as well. Jones got $3 million...it's arguable if we could have got something like that done because, of the Igor signing. I'm not so sure...it may have been doable but, the money is really tight. We may be done in FA now. It sure would be nice to add a veteran safety some how, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Best part about this for the Eagles is that this will essentially be another contract year but this time he is surrounded by top tier DB talent being coached by one of the best in Jim Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Sean Jones may be a bit overrated by the general public here because of his draft stock and upside coming out of college. He has put up numbers but has been injury prone and inconsistent in his play. He's a pretty average player, though he has shown some promise during his career. I expect a battle with Jones and Demps for the starting spot, though I expect Jones to come out victorious.

If anyone can get the best out of Jones, it's Jim Johnson who has done a lot with DB's over the years. Still, this isn't Brian Dawkins, even in his older age. Jones has potential if he can stay healthy and show some signs of being a consistent player. A nice stop-gap signing for the Eagles though that allows Demps to develop.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Best part about this for the Eagles is that this will essentially be another contract year but this time he is surrounded by top tier DB talent being coached by one of the best in Jim Johnson.
Not to mention he'll be coached by arguably the NFL's best secondary coach in Sean McDermott
Old 03-06-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is making him out to be much of anything, but the fact that the Eagles signed him on a one year deal is what really bugs me. We did the exact same thing with Ken Hamlin, not too long after he had gotten beaten close to death, and he played amazing. Not saying that's what will happen with Jones, but the talent and opportunity is there for him to do so. And it will be at little to no risk.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't think anyone is making him out to be much of anything, but the fact that the Eagles signed him on a one year deal is what really bugs me. We did the exact same thing with Ken Hamlin, not too long after he had gotten beaten close to death, and he played amazing. Not saying that's what will happen with Jones, but the talent and opportunity is there for him to do so. And it will be at little to no risk.
I made that same exact comparison in the conversation about him earlier.

In a way, Jones and Demps will battle for a starting job, but not directly. Mikell can play either, and it will come down to how the team thinks it'll fit best. If they think having Jones at SS and Mikell at FS is better Jones "wins" the battle, but if the team feels it'll be best with Demps as the FS and Mikell as the SS, then Demps "wins". They aren't competing for the same spot, but because of Mikell's versatility they will be competing for a starting spot...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote