Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My Dream Dolphins' Draft - '09

Round 1: Rey Maualuga, Inside Linebacker, Southern California



Round 2 (a): Sean Smith, Cornerback, Utah



Round 2 (b): Michael Johnson, Defensive End, Georgia Tech



Round 3: Ramses Barden, Wide Receiver, Cal Poly



Round 4: Donald Washington, Cornerback, Ohio State



Round 5: Frantz Joseph, Inside Linebacker, Florida Atlantic



Round 6: Trimane Goddard, Safety, North Carolina



Round 7 (a): Steve Rehring, Offensive Guard/Tackle, Ohio State



Round 7 (b): Vaughn Martin, Defensive Tackle, Western Ontario
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 04-22-2009 at 02:39 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,018
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Just chiming in here. Don't Rey and Crowder play the same position in your defense hypothetically? Who would play the WILB?

Ayers later in the 2nd is a tad of a dream...but definately could happen.

Also don't see Taylor falling that far...but definately could see that happen also.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Just chiming in here. Don't Rey and Crowder play the same position in your defense hypothetically? Who would play the WILB?

Ayers later in the 2nd is a tad of a dream...but definately could happen.

Also don't see Taylor falling that far...but definately could see that happen also.
Rey Rey would come in and probably sit behind Crowder and Ayodele in Year One. He would probably do a lot of rotating in to keep those guys fresh, and then eventually move into Crowder's spot with Crowder moving over to Ayodele's spot. I don't see Ayodele being here for more than 1, maybe 2 years at the most. And normally I wouldn't slot someone that high to come in and sit for a year possibly, but if Rey is somehow available at 25, he's just too talented to pass up!

I would be happy with basically any Hybrid Linebacker at that position in the draft. If Ayers is there, I guess he would be the top guy for me at that spot. It's pretty much a "Enter DE/OLB here" type of thing for me.

I also don't see Taylor falling that far. To be completely honest, all of these picks could and should be gone before these spots, but that's why it's my "Dream" Draft. :)
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-07-2009 at 02:48 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 305
Posts: 1,694
Reputation: 5719
JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Not far off from my dream draft. I hate the Ayers pick. He's basically the same size as Roth and we really don't need 2 people that big running around at OLB. And I really, really hate the Pat White pick.

It will never happen with Parcells. And lets be honest. If we didn't run the wildcat, no one would want that guy. The wildcat was fine last year and if you wanna tinker around with having a guy like White play WR, you are better of picking up UDFA or trying to sign a guy like Vick and move him then wasting high pick for a package that gets run maybe 15 times a game max. How many of those 15 plays with White really be involved in? 3-4 total? Not worth wasting a high pick for. Take a flyer on a low round pick or pick up a UDFA and give it a shot in TC.

Here's my dream draft:

1.) Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
2a.) Sean Smith, CB, Utah
2b.) Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
3.) Terrence Taylor, NT, Michigan
4.) Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State
5.) Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State
7a.) Scott Burley, OL, Maryland
7b.) Greg Carr, WR FSU (been wanting him for a long time)
7c.) Rylan Reed, OL, Texas Tech

Sticking with your last 3 picks ;) they look fine.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Not far off from my dream draft. I hate the Ayers pick. He's basically the same size as Roth and we really don't need 2 people that big running around at OLB. And I really, really hate the Pat White pick.

It will never happen with Parcells. And lets be honest. If we didn't run the wildcat, no one would want that guy. The wildcat was fine last year and if you wanna tinker around with having a guy like White play WR, you are better of picking up UDFA or trying to sign a guy like Vick and move him then wasting high pick for a package that gets run maybe 15 times a game max. How many of those 15 plays with White really be involved in? 3-4 total? Not worth wasting a high pick for. Take a flyer on a low round pick or pick up a UDFA and give it a shot in TC.

Here's my dream draft:

1.) Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
2a.) Sean Smith, CB, Utah
2b.) Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
3.) Terrence Taylor, NT, Michigan
4.) Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State
5.) Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State
7a.) Scott Burley, OL, Maryland
7b.) Greg Carr, WR FSU (been wanting him for a long time)
7c.) Rylan Reed, OL, Texas Tech

Sticking with your last 3 picks ;) they look fine.
In regards to Pat White, we've visited with him a few times on different occasions to my knowledge so we seem to be very interested. He has been VERY impressive thus far in the post-season (Senior Bowl/Combine) and I'm starting to wonder about the possibilities.

I will admit that I was a little bit of a hater on Pat White throughout his career at WVU and always thought he was extremely overrated. But over the course of his Senior Year, the Senior Bowl, and the Combine, I have garnered a new-found respect for him. He could come in as our 3rd QB behind Henne and Pennington and also double as a PR/KR/Slot/Wildcat QB, basically fill the role as the new Slash in the NFL. Then after Penny leaves, he would leave us with a very servicable backup. But I can't help but think about all the possibilities of our Wildcat offense with White added to the mix. It could be very exciting because he could add a completely new dimension to the offense that has rarely, if ever, seen before. I also honestly think there's basically a very slim chance he makes it out of the 2nd now and would be a very real possibility for us at 56.

And yes, Robert Ayers is about the same size as Roth, but they are completely different players. He is much more athletic than Roth and IMO, would be a MUCH better fit at OLB for us than Roth. Ayers is also the same size as Shawne Merriman, who some where comparing him to at the combine. Either way, if he lasts until our pick in the 2nd round, it would be a steal and I think he would be a great addition to the team. I want to ask you though, if someone like Michael Johnson was available to us late in the 2nd, instead of Ayers, how would you feel about us taking a chance on him and his ability?

I do like that you share my sentiments on Donald Washington. It would be a DREAM to land him in the 5th, and it's much more likely that he goes in the 4th. But regardless, I think he will be an absolute STEAL for whoever gets him. IMO, he will be a Pro Bowl corner eventually and an instant starter for a team in need. If we were able to land both him and Sean Smith in this draft, we would have our starting corners set for a long time and they would be a very BIG, formidable starting corner tandem.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-08-2009 at 02:27 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,805
Reputation: 70937
Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Is Greg Carr really expected to go that low in the draft? He is a ******* beast who will make some team very happy. He could have an Orande Gadsden like impact at the next level only for a longer time...Dude caught everything thrown at him and played with nothing but ****** QBs at Florida State...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 305
Posts: 1,694
Reputation: 5719
JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
In regards to Pat White, we've visited with him a few times on different occasions to my knowledge so we seem to be very interested. He has been VERY impressive thus far in the post-season (Senior Bowl/Combine) and I'm starting to wonder about the possibilities.

I will admit that I was a little bit of a hater on Pat White throughout his career at WVU and always thought he was extremely overrated. But over the course of his Senior Year, the Senior Bowl, and the Combine, I have garnered a new-found respect for him. He could come in as our 3rd QB behind Henne and Pennington and also double as a PR/KR/Slot/Wildcat QB, basically fill the role as the new Slash in the NFL. Then after Penny leaves, he would leave us with a very servicable backup. But I can't help but think about all the possibilities of our Wildcat offense with White added to the mix. It could be very exciting because he could add a completely new dimension to the offense that has rarely, if ever, seen before. I also honestly think there's basically a very slim chance he makes it out of the 2nd now and would be a very real possibility for us at 56.

And yes, Robert Ayers is about the same size as Roth, but they are completely different players. He is much more athletic than Roth and IMO, would be a MUCH better fit at OLB for us than Roth. Ayers is also the same size as Shawne Merriman, who some where comparing him to at the combine. Either way, if he lasts until our pick in the 2nd round, it would be a steal and I think he would be a great addition to the team. I want to ask you though, if someone like Michael Johnson was available to us late in the 2nd, instead of Ayers, how would you feel about us taking a chance on him and his ability?

I do like that you share my sentiments on Donald Washington. It would be a DREAM to land him in the 5th, and it's much more likely that he goes in the 4th. But regardless, I think he will be an absolute STEAL for whoever gets him. IMO, he will be a Pro Bowl corner eventually and an instant starter for a team in need. If we were able to land both him and Sean Smith in this draft, we would have our starting corners set for a long time and they would be a very BIG, formidable starting corner tandem.
Shawne Merriman has the same coverage issues Roth has. What makes Merriman so good is his elite pass rush skills. Complete unreasonable to consider Ayers that good a pass rusher. Making him a slightly better, more flashy verson of Roth. Ill pass. Im looking for a more well rounded guy that can replace Porter one day, not a guy with the same skill set as one of our younger role players. And no, Michael Johnson doesnt fit either. Im think more in the mold of a Clay Mathews. Guy who can rush the passer but has experience at LB and knows how to drop back and cover.

As for Pat White, Hes fine in round 4 or 5. Not in the top of the draft. We need to be looking for real WRs before wego draftingour 3rd QB in as many years for a slash position that might not even work out long term.

We need to fill the basic roles before we go looking for specialty roles. Get the meat and potatoes 1st.

As for Sean Smith, I like him and I want him, but I hope we arent stupid enough to pass on Alphonzo Smith or Vontae Davis for him.

I also think DeAngelo Smith is a much better pick then Washington in round 4.

Lastly, just because we met with White doesnt mean we are taking him. How many time did we meet with Brady Quinn just to pass on him for what as widely considered an inferior prospect? Weve met with Percy Harvin a bunch too. U think we are gonna take him with Ginn already on the roster?
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Shawne Merriman has the same coverage issues Roth has. What makes Merriman so good is his elite pass rush skills. Complete unreasonable to consider Ayers that good a pass rusher. Making him a slightly better, more flashy verson of Roth. Ill pass. Im looking for a more well rounded guy that can replace Porter one day, not a guy with the same skill set as one of our younger role players. And no, Michael Johnson doesnt fit either. Im think more in the mold of a Clay Mathews. Guy who can rush the passer but has experience at LB and knows how to drop back and cover.

As for Pat White, Hes fine in round 4 or 5. Not in the top of the draft. We need to be looking for real WRs before wego draftingour 3rd QB in as many years for a slash position that might not even work out long term.

We need to fill the basic roles before we go looking for specialty roles. Get the meat and potatoes 1st.

As for Sean Smith, I like him and I want him, but I hope we arent stupid enough to pass on Alphonzo Smith or Vontae Davis for him.

I also think DeAngelo Smith is a much better pick then Washington in round 4.

Lastly, just because we met with White doesnt mean we are taking him. How many time did we meet with Brady Quinn just to pass on him for what as widely considered an inferior prospect? Weve met with Percy Harvin a bunch too. U think we are gonna take him with Ginn already on the roster?
I sure hope not! I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about it.

As for Ayers, I am actually praying every night that Sintim somehow finds his way to us in the 2nd. If Maualuga and Cush got drafted before 25, my dream would immediately shift to Smith in the first and Sintim at 44. Ideally Maualuga, Sean Smith, and Sintim would be the perfect first 3 picks for us IMO.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-09-2009 at 09:06 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 305
Posts: 1,694
Reputation: 5719
JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I sure hope not! I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about it.

As for Ayers, I am actually praying every night that Sintim somehow finds his way to us in the 2nd. If Maualuga and Cush got drafted before 25, my dream would immediately shift to Smith in the first and Sintim at 44. Ideally Maualuga, Sean Smith, and Sintim would be the perfect first 3 picks for us IMO.
Heres the way I see it.

Tier 1 (pray they fall but consider a slight trade up for):
CB- Vontae Davis
LB- Rey Maualuga
WR- Darius Heryward Bey

Tier 2 (solid picks at 25):
CB- Alphonzo Smith
LB- Brian Cushing
WR- Hakeem Nicks

Tier 3 (trade down for these guys):
CB- Sean Smith
LB- Clint Sintim
WR- Kenny Britt

Guys I'm hoping for with the 2nd rounder are Brace, Sintim, Lauriniatis, Smith or Butler. All should be gone but there's a solid chance at least 1 slips to us at that spot.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northampton, PA
Posts: 10,021
Reputation: 2691778
Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i know bow constantly edits and updates his to keep it current for what he's thinking but i just wanted to throw up my "Dream Draft" to see what u guys thought.

I definitely expect us to move down in some spots to try and get more picks or move players during the draft if we can get some decent value (Beck, Ndukwe, and Soliai would be who would shop, maybe Roth or David Martin for the right price) but if we make zero moves, here's who i'd want:

25. Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
44. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
56. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
87. Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
108. Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan
161. Seth Olsen, OG/OT, Iowa
181. Otis Wiley, S, Michigan State
214. Tyler Lorenzen, QB/WR, Connecticut
237. DeAngelo Willingham, CB, Tennessee
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
i know bow constantly edits and updates his to keep it current for what he's thinking but i just wanted to throw up my "Dream Draft" to see what u guys thought.

I definitely expect us to move down in some spots to try and get more picks or move players during the draft if we can get some decent value (Beck, Ndukwe, and Soliai would be who would shop, maybe Roth or David Martin for the right price) but if we make zero moves, here's who i'd want:

25. Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
44. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
56. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
87. Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
108. Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan
161. Seth Olsen, OG/OT, Iowa
181. Otis Wiley, S, Michigan State
214. Tyler Lorenzen, QB/WR, Connecticut
237. DeAngelo Willingham, CB, Tennessee
I'd be pretty happy with that draft.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Those people on this board who are doubting Ayers and comparing him to Matt Roth are crazy. Roth has no future with this team after this yr. He is a slow LB with average (at best) pass rush skills. Ayers will be a very good pass rusher in this league. He won't be there at #25 anyway, so it is a moot point.

There are some definite mistake picks out there IMO. Cushing, Lauranitis, Matthews are among them. Of those Matthews would be the one I would take, but I really want none of them here. Cushing is stiff and Lauranitis is not physical..

Also, Sean Smith may have the size they like, but I don't know if he will be a very effective corner in this league. He my actually be too tall. Despite his baggage, I think Vontae Davis would be a better choice, but I am not sure this regime is into divas...

I think at the end of the day, best player available SHOULD be the pick, but I could see them reaching to fill a need and ending up with a guy like Sintim at #25. It may be too early, but he is a 3-4 guy who played for a Parcells disciple and would have the short learning curve. Hope I am wrong and that they are able to trade down and get him later.. I still do not count out Brace if they decide to fill a need.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

Round 2 (a): Sean Smith, Cornerback, Utah
You done it again....

But I was right about his draft stock.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.