Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll
Default Haloti Ngata vs Albert Haynesworth

Both of these guys are flat monsters on the interior, with that said, if both these players were in the same draft and take into account their measurables(Height/Weight/strength,ratio)which DT/NT would grade out the highest and be drafted the highest. Now please don't factor in the careers that they are having currently, this is based on coming into the draft.
dregolll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ngata was god comming into the draft. Haloti was just redicious.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

I cant think of a more pointless thread...
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure they were both juniors when they came out. I believe Ngata was the first DT taken in his draft while Haynesworth was the third. Both pretty similar size. Both pretty similar skill set. Both versatile. I'd say prospect wise, Ngata was maybe slightly ahead of Haynesworth. I don't think Ngata had the character concerns Haynesworth had when coming out.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Ngata would be my choice. Great player.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Based on what I saw from them in college, I'd go with Ngata. Dude was a flat out tyrant.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey
I'm pretty sure they were both juniors when they came out. I believe Ngata was the first DT taken in his draft while Haynesworth was the third. Both pretty similar size. Both pretty similar skill set. Both versatile. I'd say prospect wise, Ngata was maybe slightly ahead of Haynesworth. I don't think Ngata had the character concerns Haynesworth had when coming out.
Yup, Haynesworth, John Henderson, and...Richard Seymour?

*goes to Google*

Frickin' Ryan Sims?! Seriously?... Dang...

In fact, some dude named Wendell Bryant went before Fat Al too...

Anyway, I think it's Ngata easily. Haynesworth was raw coming out of college, and had character concerns,

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yup, Haynesworth, John Henderson, and...Richard Seymour?

*goes to Google*

Frickin' Ryan Sims?! Seriously?... Dang...

In fact, some dude named Wendell Bryant went before Fat Al too...

Anyway, I think it's Ngata easily. Haynesworth was raw coming out of college, and had character concerns,
Damn, I forgot about Wendell Bryant. Lolz. Epic fail on the Chiefs and Cardinals part.

If Haynesworth had stayed for his senior year he could've potentially challenged for being the #1 pick the next year. I'm pretty sure he would've went top 5 at least.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDM
If Haynesworth had stayed for his senior year he could've potentially challenged for being the #1 pick the next year. I'm pretty sure he would've went top 5 at least.
Yup, probably to the Jets at #4, as they took Dwayne Robertson. Albert was a steal for us at 15 too, especially after trading down.

Also, don't look back on the Titans '03 Draft unless you wanna cray. Our best pick was Chris Brown with Donnie Nickey as the runner up... :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yup, probably to the Jets at #4, as they took Dwayne Robertson.

Also, don't look back on the Titans '03 Draft unless you wanna cray. Our best pick was Chris Brown with Donnie Nickey as the runner up... :(
That draft was epic fail.

Andre Woolfolk
Tyrone Calico
Chris Brown
Donnie Nickey
Todd Williams
And some other epic fail douche I can't remember.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares about them as prospects.

Really, it's pretty close, but I'd take Ngata in a second because he's more consistent and reliable. Haynesworth is kind of screwed up mentally, IMO. There's only a little evidence of this, but personally I think he has more problems than we've seen, ranging from motivation issues to anger problems.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dregolll loves talking about DTs, doesn't he? Who the hell is this guy? He comes around every six months to ask who's the better DT.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a lot of Ngata threads/love :S.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Who cares about them as prospects.

Really, it's pretty close, but I'd take Ngata in a second because he's more consistent and reliable. Haynesworth is kind of screwed up mentally, IMO. There's only a little evidence of this, but personally I think he has more problems than we've seen, ranging from motivation issues to anger problems.
I wish I had a 320 man with anger issues on my team :(
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I wish I had a 320 man with anger issues on my team :(
im pretty happy abou it
Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
im pretty happy abou it
Yea but the Eagles have a 340 lb bipolar guy who could neutralize him ;)
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How can you not pick Haynesworth here? He is a freaking beast. It wouldn't suprise me if he had 10+ sacks next year. He's that good!

Haynesworth>Ngata.

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Ngata was god comming into the draft. Haloti was just redicious.
i'm confused...
Old 03-08-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesSkins2621 View Post
How can you not pick Haynesworth here? He is a freaking beast. It wouldn't suprise me if he had 10+ sacks next year. He's that good!

Haynesworth>Ngata.
Did you even read the original question?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone should move this thread to the nfl draft forum
Old 03-08-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Did you even read the original question?
Yes I did.

Did you? Still bitter I see.

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Ngata. He has been the anchor of the Ravens' dominant run defense, he's extended Ray Lewis' career (once thought to be ending about three years ago), and he doesn't come with the baggage that Haynesworth does. He is younger, but that's just icing on the proverbial cake.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes I did.

Ummm... Wat? The question was (essentially) who was the better prospect coming out (in the draft). So the 10+ sacks last season doesn't have anything to do with it. When they were both coming out I'd take Haloti in a slim margin namely character.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Yes I did.
Apparently you didn't because the question was who would you take as a prospect if they were in the same draft class and ignoring their pro careers thus far. Ngata was definitely the better prospect.

Quote:
Is this really the best you had? Swing harder next time.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes I did.

You suck at reading then.

Haynesworth isnt going to try next year, have fun with that.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote