Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Burnett is a San Diego Charger

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlin...ett-agrees.htm

Definitely excited about this, now get rid of Wilhelm for some cap space and I am one happy man.

Last edited by bantx : 03-10-2009 at 08:07 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Noez! :(

It was a foregone conclusion that he would leave, still sad that we never got to see his full potential in Dallas though. That LB corps is gonna be beastly if KB can step up to the plate.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be interesting following his career from afar.

I think he still has some promise. He just never realized it in Dallas because he was injured so much and never had a starting role. Now that he has that, he could be the steal of FA.

I'm ready to move past the unfulfilled hopes though. Let someone else carry those hopes. Good luck.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. I had my hopes up that he'd sign with Oakland. :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised he didnt sign there sooner. I'm really interested to see what he got.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know much about him, but it seems like the typical A.J. signing. From what I heard, he is a good 3rd down type of LB who plays well in coverage.

The real question is, does that mean no Maualuga at #16? Today A.J. seemed to signal that the Chargers won't be taking a RB and won't be taking a LB. That leaves OL, DL and S.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah in my mock I had us getting Rey Rey, but taking a guy like Burnett who is great in coverage and fast but gets injured a lot but does that mean we dont go after Rey Rey? Im still not sure if we take the chance with Burnett or still draft Rey. But it does give us a chance to either take Tyson Jackson or Peria Jerry who i had as my other #1 choice for us.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...Burnett was searching for a place where he could start from day one and prove his worth. If he wanted to stay a nickel/coverage LB he could have stayed in Dallas. If we wanted him back, that is. He may be starting for you guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlin...linebacker.htm

Quote:
t’s uncertain where Burnett’s name will land on the depth chart once the Chargers begin their offseason work in May, and that’s just fine with the 27-year-old linebacker. In Dallas, he played the “Mo,” or weak inside linebacker spot, a position that Matt Wilhelm and Tim Dobbins shared in 2008.
He isnt guaranteed a starting spot and he knows it, unproven against the run he wont start until he can.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think this is a great compliment to Stephen Cooper, who's suspension contributed to the Bolts miserable D in the first half of the season. If we have Maualuga and Cooper, our intermediate pass D will be worse than ever. Cooper is a vicious hitter, and the scouting reports I've read on Burnett lead me to believe that he is good in coverage. I think that Maualuga is still an option, but the signing of Burnett gives us other choices, including a trade which I think is a STRONG possibility.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
darrenf619
Rookie

darrenf619 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
I think this is a great compliment to Stephen Cooper, who's suspension contributed to the Bolts miserable D in the first half of the season. If we have Maualuga and Cooper, our intermediate pass D will be worse than ever. Cooper is a vicious hitter, and the scouting reports I've read on Burnett lead me to believe that he is good in coverage. I think that Maualuga is still an option, but the signing of Burnett gives us other choices, including a trade which I think is a STRONG possibility.
Stephen Cooper improved a whole lot in coverage this past season and Rey Maualuga isn't a slouch in coverage either.

But I'm in the camp that wants to give Burnett a chance to start. I feel that he's in a position to succeed in San Diego. He wasn't pushed out of Dallas because of his play, it was more or less a numbers game that led to his departure. The writing on the wall was there for him when Keith Brooking was signed this season and maybe even last season when Zach Thomas was signed.

If the value isn't there along the DL or OL in the first round and Rey is still available, I've got no problem with Rey being the pick. But I think Burnett can do well in the role he'll have as well as hold his own against the run.
darrenf619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default NO WAY we draft Cushing

Burnett is the reason there is no way we draft Cushing. Just because Scott has whiffed on Charger picks recently (Davis, Cason)....doesn't mean he has to REACH for this pick.

Burnett knows he has a chance to start on this team, and he will take advantage.

If Tyson Jackson is gone, I hope we take Oher, if both Oher and Jackson are gone, I hope we trade down (to someone who wants Josh Freeman).
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote