Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2006, 12:00 AM    (permalink

Chicago has stated they would be willing to part ways with Ben Gordon if the right trade came along.

You guys desperately need a PF and our Drew Gooden is a restricted FA this offseason meaning we can outbid any offers.

Chicago has been open in the public about how they would like to aquire Gooden.

Would you guys be willing to do a sign and trade for him?

some other things might be added to the trade to make it work, but these 2 are the key factors if a deal could be done.

You allready have good young shooters, but need front court help, Drew is perfect for young type offense.

C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Drew Gooden
SF - Loul Deng
SG - Andres Nocioni
PG - Kirk Heinrich
plus your #2 and #16 overall picks.

C - Zaudrudus Ilgauskas
PF - Anderson Varejo
SF - Lebron James
SG - Larry Hughes
PG - Ben Gordon

seems like a fair trade...

How is Gordon as a PG, and not a SG tweener? Can he play the position?
Any chance he can improve on his D or is that hopeless?

Any good info on Gordon from people that have seen him play would be helpful.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

I highly doubt that happening. Chicago can out bid nearl anyone and the Cavs have to worry about saving their cap for guys like LeBron.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:02 AM    (permalink
danman253

There is no way Gordon would be traded for just drew gooden
Old 05-25-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
danman253

Bulls fans, would this trade worK?

Chandler, Gordon and the number two pick for KG?
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Ben Gordon is much better than Drew Gooden. Way unfair.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote

Quote:
I highly doubt that happening. Chicago can out bid nearl anyone and the Cavs have to worry about saving their cap for guys like LeBron.
Because Gooden is a restricted FA, the Cavs can match any offer though. And since rules allow it, the Cavs can go over the cap to sign him. He has allready said in the media he wants to remain with the Cavs, so unless we sign and trade him, its a good chance he will be our PF next year.

Outbidding does no good in this case, we can offer more money because of the one clause the NBA made.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink

Quote:
In a recent article, the Wolves GM stated the only trade he would make for KG, would have to involve the name Kobe or Lebron. They said they will not trade KG.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:06 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Quote:
In a recent article, the Wolves GM stated the only trade he would make for KG, would have to involve the name Kobe or Lebron. They said they will not trade KG.
That's what I thought i heard, wasn't sure though.

Also, the bulls need a superstar. Gooden is not a superstar
Old 05-25-2006, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Quote:
Quote:
Because Gooden is a restricted FA, the Cavs can match any offer though. And since rules allow it, the Cavs can go over the cap to sign him. He has allready said in the media he wants to remain with the Cavs, so unless we sign and trade him, its a good chance he will be our PF next year.

Outbidding does no good in this case, we can offer more money because of the one clause the NBA made.
Yeah but you guys have to save cap room, and we can make an offer that you'd rather not match.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink

I'd be happy if the Cavs traded all three of their picks this year and Gooden for Ben Gordon, but I doubt Chicago does that.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOnTheShore
I'd be happy if the Cavs traded all three of their picks this year and Gooden for Ben Gordon, but I doubt Chicago does that.

we don't need 5 picks in this weak draft, that'd be stupid

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:12 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:

They don't need 5 picks in this weak draft, that'd be stupid
Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Yeah but you guys have to save cap room, and we can make an offer that you'd rather not match.
When you have Lebron, you plan the cap to resign him years in advance! The cap to resign him has been in the savings account untouched for 3 years now! Thats no problem.

According to our GM Danny Ferry, resigning Gooden isnt a problem eather, but they have to look at weather its best for the team or not.

I dont know if the trade is possible, but the Bulls said they were willing to trade Gordon, and then mentioned they like Gooden, so I put 2 and 2 together.

Ben Gordon
Mike Sweetney (or other?)

FOR

Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic or Luke Jackson
2nd round pick

Bulls would then draft Alldridge and have the #16 pick and two round picks.

C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Drew Gooden - Alldridge
SF - Luel Deng - Sasha Pavlovic
SG - Andres Nocioni
PG - Kirk Heinrich - Chris Duhon
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
When you have Lebron, you plan the cap to resign him years in advance! The cap to resign him has been in the savings account untouched for 3 years now! Thats no problem.

According to our GM Danny Ferry, resigning Gooden isnt a problem eather, but they have to look at weather its best for the team or not.

I dont know if the trade is possible, but the Bulls said they were willing to trade Gordon, and then mentioned they like Gooden, so I put 2 and 2 together.

Ben Gordon

FOR

Drew Gooden
2nd round pick

C - Tyson Chandler
SG - Andres Nocioni

what's the point of trading for Gooden if we could get Aldridge?

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:

Ben Gordon

FOR

Drew Gooden
2nd round pick

C - Tyson Chandler
SG - Andres Nocioni
Still don't really like that trade. The Bulls could get some better offers from teams for Gordon
Old 05-25-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:

They don't need 5 picks in this weak draft, that'd be stupid
I wasn't even paying attention to how many picks the Bulls had. Sorry. Damn.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 AM    (permalink

You really thin having just Tyson Chandler (NO OFFESNE WHATSOEVER) and a rookie such as Aldridge with no good backups is going to get you far into the playoffs?

You need a proven scorer down low and you WONT get it from Chandler, Sweetney, and Rookie, or Harrington.

Fact is the Bulls dont need A shooting gaurd such as Gordon as much as they do a low post scorer.

If Gordon was god they wouldnt be talking about trades for him.

The Cavs could be the last team in the world that could work out a fair trade, but Im curious.....

The Bulls HAVE to get a low post scorer THIS YEAR, because they want to win now! They have allready tasted the playoffs and want to make it farther this coming year.

Without a low post scoring threat they cant do that.

Drew Gooden is the #1 rated big man in FA this year and hes only 24 years old.

Can Gordon play PG or is that not the best option?
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Burned_By_Santana
Veteran

Burned_By_Santana hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wish I could trade a tootpick for Lebron James to join the Magic...It might have to be somewhat of a special toothpick though. Oh oh one owned by me!

Burned_By_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Nerv

What would Cleveland do with Larry Hughes & Ben Gordon? Neither of them can play PG, neither of them can play SF. If Cleveland was going to trade for anyone on the Bulls they should try Heinrich.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I think Gordon and that #2 pick will be used for Mr. Garnett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:56 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
I think Gordon and that #2 pick will be used for Mr. Garnett.
We'll the media and MN front office thinks different. I posted about 4 hours ago an article shutting down this rumor.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:12 AM    (permalink

I would rather want Anderson Varejao in return for Gordon plus about two future 1st round picks. Even though the Bulls are loaded at the SF positions they are rumored to be coveting Morrison.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:35 AM    (permalink

no, that would be a bad trade for the bulls
Old 05-25-2006, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Helz no.

As long as we dont get KG, I will be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:59 AM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They can draft Ty Thomas, who can be better than Gooden.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote