Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results: Pick who you want at 19!
QB Josh Freeman 12 36.36%
DE Larry English 6 18.18%
DT Ron Brace 2 6.06%
LB Clay Matthews 3 9.09%
LB Brian Cushing 3 9.09%
CB Alphonso Smith 6 18.18%
CB DJ Moore 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Signing Crowell would be a start, but we would still need a CB, LDE, backup RDE and possibly a DT.

I'm not worried about WR if we get Cutler, but I really wanna see us use this draft well. I don't think Denver will get a better offer than Pick 19, McCown and Smith (or another expendable player from us).

What schools did you apply to?
I feel like if we had known that Cutler was available we would have gone much harder in FA at filling needs(Vilma, Greer etc.) I just think that sure things at QB like Cutler are available on the market and I think that if possible we have to make the push for it. Our defence would probably suffer but would a third round CB/DE and Josh Freeman/Sanchez ( if we go that route) would be better than Cutler.

I applied to Queens Commerce, Ivey and McGill Business.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's way too much. We can't give up more than one draft pick.
1,3, and players is not too much. It is going to take two 1sts plus extra to get him and he is damn worth it.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any trade was in the works I would definitely go with a 1st and future 3rd (with potential to rise based on incentives ie playoffs/division champs/superbowl etc).

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is still not enough. We are talking about a 25 year old pro bowl qb with elite talent. Two 1st rd picks is just the starting point for discussion.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you are underestimating the role Cutler is playing in this drama. If he is extremely adamant about the trade then he may force Denvers hand.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

But even if they are under pressure to trade him, think about all of the teams that will be willing to enter the bidding: Bucs, Lions, Vikins, Bears, Titans, 49rs.... If the Broncos are ok with a 1 and 3 from one of these teams, you better believe another will throw in something extra so that they are the ones to land Cutler and so on...
Old 03-17-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt any team will give up a king's ransom for Cutler. The way this situation has played out does not help Denver's cause.

Meanwhile NE (dynasty) is likely going to give up pick 34 for Julius Peppers. Hello Bucs....make a move.

A 1st, 3rd and players IS too much. Just look at the history of team's who give up a large package for one player....it's not good.

I'd much rather us use 1 draft pick to fill a need with an elite veteran player at a position other than QB.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think it's also important to differentiate between what he is worth and what teams are willing to pay for him. I think you'll find that they are completely different things.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meanwhile NE (dynasty) is likely going to give up pick 34 for Julius Peppers. Hello Bucs....make a move.

Yeah... the Panthers are just not going to ship a player like Julius Peppers to a division foe where they'll have to deal with him twice a year.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear View Post
Good point. Since we've been modeling our DE desires after J. Tuck, it would be good to keep in mind that he was a 3rd round pick.

I agree with that.... especially given the guys that Jim Bates likes at DE (Adewale Ogunleye, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Jason Taylor, Jarvis Moss, Elvis Dumervil, etc)... and I keep coming back to guys like Lawrence Sidbury Jr. and Phillip Hunt. Undersized guys for the position.... but excellent pass rushing skills.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raheem and Dominik showed up at Florida's pro day today, passing on Vontae Davis' and Illinois' Pro Day. Only player I could see us being really interested in is Percy. After showing interest in DHB already too, this is even more reason to think WR is a good possibility in the 1st and it looks like we're looking for some speed to compliment our current receiving core.

I say it's down to DE or WR for our 1st, and Freeman with an outside shot.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Yeah... the Panthers are just not going to ship a player like Julius Peppers to a division foe where they'll have to deal with him twice a year.
True, but Peppers is only an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
I agree with that.... especially given the guys that Jim Bates likes at DE (Adewale Ogunleye, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Jason Taylor, Jarvis Moss, Elvis Dumervil, etc)... and I keep coming back to guys like Lawrence Sidbury Jr. and Phillip Hunt. Undersized guys for the position.... but excellent pass rushing skills.
All of those guys played RDE except Ogunleye, who's 6'4 260 and lined up opposite edge rushers like Taylor, Mark Anderson and Alex Brown throughout his career.

Sidbury Jr. would be understandable (huge frame, long arms), as would Phillip Hunt (depth), but I don't think we plan on starting 2 smaller pass rushing DEs (i.e. Maybin, English).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
Raheem and Dominik showed up at Florida's pro day today, passing on Vontae Davis' and Illinois' Pro Day. Only player I could see us being really interested in is Percy. After showing interest in DHB already too, this is even more reason to think WR is a good possibility in the 1st and it looks like we're looking for some speed to compliment our current receiving core.

I say it's down to DE or WR for our 1st, and Freeman with an outside shot.
You can't see us being interested in Louis Murphy? I think he's a much more likely target because Percy would require a 1st round pick after investing a franchise tag on Bryant, 25 million on Clayton and a 2nd rounder on Winslow.

Jason Watkins is also a possibility (swing tackle).

I didn't think Vontae was a target for us anyway. Too similar to Talib.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Watkins and Louis are possibilities. They just don't seem like the type of players that make both the Head Coach and General Manager come out. Also, Murphy seems like too risky of a pick for a new regime, not much production and pretty much all potential. Watkins will be a 3rd/4th rounder, and I'd personally like to see other positions addressed in that range before a back up T, especially with Zuttah around. I do admit it's possible though evident by our recent interest in Khalif Barnes. But would both the GM and HC come out to evaluate some possible mid round prospects?

I think it's more likely we're interested in a starting speedy WR with our recent interest in the Percy/DHB/Nate Washington's.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
I guess Watkins and Louis are possibilities. They just don't seem like the type of players that make both the Head Coach and General Manager come out. Also, Murphy seems like too risky of a pick for a new regime, not much production and pretty much all potential. Watkins will be a 3rd/4th rounder, and I'd personally like to see other positions addressed in that range before a back up T, especially with Zuttah around. I do admit it's possible though evident by our recent interest in Khalif Barnes. But would both the GM and HC come out to evaluate some possible mid round prospects?

I think it's more likely we're interested in a starting speedy WR with our recent interest in the Percy/DHB/Nate Washington's.
In that case, it's likely a smokescreen. That rarely happens for any prospect. I missed that point in your post.

Watkins would be nice if he fell. High potential there for a late round pick, but that probably won't happen.

Percy is a different breed than DHB/Washington. DHB and Washington are pure deep threats, while Percy is a versatile playmaker who does his damage after the catch/run. We're definitely looking for one or the other, unless Kelly Campbell is really gonna have an impact.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Percy is a different breed than DHB/Washington. DHB and Washington are pure deep threats, while Percy is a versatile playmaker who does his damage after the catch/run. We're definitely looking for one or the other, unless Kelly Campbell is really gonna have an impact.
We don't need him, we got Dexter Jackson to fill that role, lol.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Poor DJ Moore, someone give him some love.

I shouldve added Harvin to this poll. I would not mind him at all. Bryant, Winslow, Harvin... wow
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
We don't need him, we got Dexter Jackson to fill that role, lol.
Please no. Our staff still hasn't given up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Poor DJ Moore, someone give him some love.

I shouldve added Harvin to this poll. I would not mind him at all. Bryant, Winslow, Harvin... wow
I like DJ Moore, but you'd be hard pressed to find any Bucs fan who thinks he's better than Alphonso Smith. They're similar athletes but Smith is just a better football player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

want to know the general opinion here:

if maclin falls to us, do we take him?

i say yes

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Nice thought, but I would be extremely surprised if he did.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
want to know the general opinion here:

if maclin falls to us, do we take him?

i say yes
No. I prefer Harvin over Maclin, and I'm not even sure I'd take Harvin depending on who's available. I'd like to see us sign a couple more vets and then I'll have a clearer idea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

I dont think we are going to sign anyone else. I think right now I have my heart set on a DE (English) or a WR (Harvin, Maclin, Nicks). But I definitley think we should go defense.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I dont think we are going to sign anyone else. I think right now I have my heart set on a DE (English) or a WR (Harvin, Maclin, Nicks). But I definitley think we should go defense.
At the moment I am leaning towards either a corner, defensive lineman or a quarterback. We all know about the corner backs who might be available and I think they could all definitely help. Corner is however the one position I could see us making a move for in free agency looking for a nickel/dime backer. As far as QB goes, if Freeman was there I would like him on our team. I know the majority of Bucs fans don't, but I honestly don't care what everyone else wants. I find it relatively hard to project what we will target with the defensive line as far as which sort of players will best fit our scheme, but we definitely need some help.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We're not gonna sign a WR??

Bryant
Clayton
Stovall
Jackson
Campbell/Hankton, other scrubs
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
We're not gonna sign a WR??

Bryant
Clayton
Stovall
Jackson
Campbell/Hankton, other scrubs
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That makes me :(

Old 03-26-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Can Michael Clayton catch more than 40 balls? Can any of those other guys catch more than 10? Can a 3rd/4th rounder really step in and have an immediate impact? Neither Stovall nor Jackson have done as much.

We need to sign a FA WR. There's absolutely no reason not to. Holt or Harrison would be nice for the short term.

sig by BoneKrusher