Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 AM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Khalif Barnes

I've seen reports about him being close to signing with an undisclosed team, which would make alot of sense if it were the Chiefs with the way we've being doing buisness as of late and our gaping hole at RT and no 2nd round pick. I think this would be a solid signing as it could give us our staples at the OT spots, or at the least give us a stopgap while we groom Richardson. I think Muir combined with Barnes' run blocking ability would make him a perfect fit at RT in KC.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Khalif Barnes was more of a left tackle, not a typical mauler that you like(It's what i heard). I like Barry and thought he should have been put in there when Sackintosh was in(he couldn't be that much worse right) but Richardson has the size and strength to be pretty good in the NFL. We do need some better linemen though.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early on in the 2008 draft process (i.e. 2007 pre-season), Richardson was projected as a first round pick. His stock fell drastically, but from what I saw in training camp and the pre-season, Richardson seems to have addressed the issues scouts had with him. Also, take a look at the 2008 Clemson Tigers without Richardson! I really would like to see the guy out there, and I think he can be the answer at RT. If that's happens, the Chiefs would only need to find a starting C and RG with some depth guys sprinkled in to get their line in-shape...
________
Live Sex

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:07 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really do like Richardson at RT but I also like Niswanger at RG. If we could grab a solid center in the third, that line could be pretty damn good next year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Early on in the 2008 draft process (i.e. 2007 pre-season), Richardson was projected as a first round pick. His stock fell drastically, but from what I saw in training camp and the pre-season, Richardson seems to have addressed the issues scouts had with him. Also, take a look at the 2008 Clemson Tigers without Richardson! I really would like to see the guy out there, and I think he can be the answer at RT. If that's happens, the Chiefs would only need to find a starting C and RG with some depth guys sprinkled in to get their line in-shape...

Yea, From what I remember reading on his NFL scouting report, his only thing that scouts questioned was whether or not he wanted to play football. I don't know about you, but if I was getting paid that much to play a sport I love....He's got great size, I thought they said he was Pretty Raw at training camp. I'm kinda excited about the upcoming season. Niswanger does better at RG than Center, I don't think he's strong enough. I know it was a great trade for cassell and vrabel, but it would've been nice getting Alex Mack with our second round pick!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Yea, From what I remember reading on his NFL scouting report, his only thing that scouts questioned was whether or not he wanted to play football. I don't know about you, but if I was getting paid that much to play a sport I love....He's got great size, I thought they said he was Pretty Raw at training camp. I'm kinda excited about the upcoming season. Niswanger does better at RG than Center, I don't think he's strong enough. I know it was a great trade for cassell and vrabel, but it would've been nice getting Alex Mack with our second round pick!
There will almost definitely be someone good at Center in the 3rd!

Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Like who? The two big guys' will probably be gone(Unger and Mack). Rep+1 vidae, I can't believe i was actually complaining about that trade(assuming Cassell pans out)
Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wood is going to be a stud of a C in the pros.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Signed with the Raiders! Doh!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like who? The two big guys' will probably be gone(Unger and Mack). Rep+1 vidae, I can't believe i was actually complaining about that trade(assuming Cassell pans out)
The C crop in this draft is one of the best in recent years. Wood, Luigs, and Caldwell are all on-par with Mack. A lot of people just get hung up on Mack & Unger because they've been the guys since the beginning. Unger isn't even someone I'd have starting anywhere on my line. I'd love him as a backup though. You'll see a lot of scouts rank Luigs at the top, some have Wood up there... Caldwell might have the most potential of all the C's in this draft...
________
Web Shows

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:08 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, could always draft a guard and slide Waters down to center if it came down to it.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Also, could always draft a guard and slide Waters down to center if it came down to it.

I wouldn't mind doing that and drafting Big ol' Herman Johnson(top of the third) and moving waters to C. We might as well keep drafting LSU guys, they seem to be panning out for us. God Willing Herbie can take over for RG, and Richardson with RT and we got ourselves a decent O-line.