Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-13-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pendergast DC

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1326

The Chiefs are expected to name Clancy Pendergast their new defensive coordinator by as soon as Friday.

There were differing reports as to whether Pendergast or Gary Gibbs would get the job, and Romeo Crennel's name was even out there. Pendergast was last defensive boss in Arizona, where new Chiefs coach Todd Haley ran the offense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't really say I'm happy with the move I like him on the staff but was really wanting Crennel.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

better him the Gibbs TBH
Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really wanting Crennel to run the defense too. I've heard a lot of bad things about Pendergast from Cardinals fans, but hey, our defense can't get much worse!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this may spell theend to the 3-4 switch?

AZ tried to run it like 15 plays this year. I dunno though. What to do with Vrable then?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought they had like a hybrid version. I think Vrable means that we're gonna be out of a 3-4 primarily.

Maybe it was me, but I think the Cards' D played Pitt pretty tough in the super bowl...and I don't think they have too many big-time players on the D(Rolle,Dansby and Dockett)
Old 03-13-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chan Gailey: offensive coordinator and quarterbacks

Maurice Carthon: assistant head coach and runnings backs

Dedric Ward: wide receivers

Bob Bicknell: tight ends

Bill Muir: offensive line

Joe D'Alessandris: assistant offensive line

Clancy Pendergast: defensive coordinator and defensive backs

Tim Krumrie: defensive line

Gary Gibbs: linebackers

Pat Perles: assistant linebackers

Ronnie Bradford: assistant secondary

Steve Hoffman: special teams

Joel Collier: duties to be assigned
Old 03-13-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Thigpen's not going to be the starter, I really hate the idea of Gailey as the OC/QB's coach. The spread was fun, but he hasn't been a decent NFL coach since Jimmy Johnson was his boss with the Cowboys...

And Pendergast as DC doesn't mean much in terms of whether they go 3-4 or 4-3 (hybrd)... It actually will be interesting to see what they do. If they just went with Clancy's hybrid system from Arizona (similar to Marvin Lewis's system in Baltimore), Vrabel can play MLB or OLB, and their current DL is much better suited for it... They'd just need what you'd call a traditional 3-4 OLB at the other LB (Cody Brown or Victor Butler seem like great options later) spot or draft Curry (in which case, Vrabel would play that OLB role)...

It's the ideal system for them to utilize to do more of a "slow switch" to a 3-4... They'd need minor maintenance along the DL, and little or nothing else... They'd be able to focus on the offense with the rest of the draft, which would be great.
________
Miley

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:08 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pendergast means you will be in the 4-3, probably the 2nd big reason he was fired with Whis wanting to go the the 3-4

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pendergast means you will be in the 4-3, probably the 2nd big reason he was fired with Whis wanting to go the the 3-4
Not really. They'll run the same defense in Arizona that they had last year. Clancy is just really hard to work with. He's a real dick from all accounts. His defense is basically a 3-4 with the other OLB just being a down linenman...
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last year it was a 4-3 with 3-4 plays(made it look like a 5-2) just because Whis made him put them in, he is strictly a 4-3 DC, has no experience in the 3-4

Old 03-14-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd almost prefer to stay in the 4-3 at this point except use Dorsey correctly. Draft Curry or trade back and get Brown/Orakpo to man that DE position, etc.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Truly does any one think that Dorsey is best used as a 3-4 DE?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, I've never thought that. Some teams thought he could be before he was drafted if I remember right, but he was viewed as that Warren Sapp type penetrator in the 4-3. Problem is, we used him incorrectly. We kept Krum so I'm a little wary that it changes, but I hope it does.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guy runs' a 4-3 under scheme. Here's the link:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi013009.htm

That's one thing I'll never understand, why did we use dorsey like that garbageman lineman?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the other outside guy — the Cardinals call this player their “Predator” — is almost always rushing the passer, although the Cards will occasionally drop him into coverage to mix things up. Other differences: The nose tackle shades to the A-gap (in between the center and guard) on the tight end side, and the end on that side moves between the tackle and tight end.

That predator could be Vrable and have DJ as the SLB?
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

That wouldn't be a bad idea. DJ started out as our Sam LB. However, if this is what we're running. Where does Curry play?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
That wouldn't be a bad idea. DJ started out as our Sam LB. However, if this is what we're running. Where does Curry play?
CURRY NOT THE PICK :o

maybe? I dunno. Curry isin't much of a pass rush. Unless Pendy likes what he saw in DJ at MLB?
Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Curry could be his Dansby

Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Curry could be his Dansby
I think DJ would be our "Predator" with his athleticism and speed, No question he'd be the guy. Curry would be our Dansby maybe Vrabel as our LB that takes on the guard(He's the heaviest of the three right now)
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

If the Chiefs intend on going full-on what Pendergast had in Arizona, Curry won't be the pick (unless they trade DJ). Could be looking at Orakpo. If you have a serious need for a full-on SLB, it would seem silly to draft Curry (who fits everywhere, but is ideally an SLB) and stick him at Mike and move a natural Will in DJ to Sam...

Orakpo makes the most sense in that situation.
________
BUY E CIGARETTES

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If they're looking for Orakpo over Curry then I think you're more likely to see a tradeback scenario than picking at 3.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I don't think so. Who are they going to trade back with and still be guaranteed to get Orakpo? As a 4-3 DE, Orakpo is a Top 5 pick. He's good value at #3.
________
Vaporizer info

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Ughh Orakpo has such a cool name, I thin I could live with him in KC, but I think Curry is a godly LB even though LBs 'shouldnt be picked in the top 10. Orakpo is not Mario Williams and he is not a Gaines Adams(as a prospect)so I dunno. :(

still wouldnt be shocked if KC goes Oline even though Haley has said Albert is the last person KC has to worry about
Quote:
Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Crabtree is also in the discussion IF Curry is gone.Bowe, Crabtree, Engram, Bradley and Franklin would give us one of the best WR corps we've had in awhile
Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If the Chiefs intend on going full-on what Pendergast had in Arizona, Curry won't be the pick (unless they trade DJ). Could be looking at Orakpo. If you have a serious need for a full-on SLB, it would seem silly to draft Curry (who fits everywhere, but is ideally an SLB) and stick him at Mike and move a natural Will in DJ to Sam...

Orakpo makes the most sense in that situation.
Wait, what? I think draqfting Curry would make sense because he would play the SLB and Johnson would play the WLB. As for Vrable i wouldn't expect him to be an every down player anyways unless he moves to MLB, which he could very well do in a 4-3. I don't follow the Chiefs much at all but I'm pretty sure that that is how it would work out...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote