Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Unlikely that he would still be over the limit at 7am, have you ever woken up still drunk after 6-8 drinks? I know the only time I've woken up still drunk was when I had 15+.
Like I mentioned before - it all depends on the drinks. I like a glass of tequila when it's the good stuff. I don't measure out a shot, I pour up a tumbler. Those 4 Patrons could very well have been doubles or more. And we could be talking run of the mill Margaritas or a big ones. I'll wager the drinks are more likely to be large & strong in the VIP section. ;)

EDIT: And nothing says he was just waking up. My guess is he was out all night and on his way home. All speculation now, of course.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Reports are he was heading to the beach... Heading to the beach at 7am means he was probably getting an early start on sailing, surfing, working out, etc. There could be anything he was doing. If it was 9am I'd feel much more confident saying that, but the 7am deal makes it an uncomfortable situation. Still, there has been no charges yet and he was completely cooperating with the police, so I think it was simply and unfortunate accident.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
that's why people shouldn't drive like morons. i don't even care about the alcohol or not. there's no excuse short of he was driving in the dark and the kid fell from the sky out of an invisibility cloak and onto his car.
Yes, because every incident like this is the drivers fault 100% of the time.

Quote:
true, for some odd reason i was thinking that he had killed a little kid.
Great job reading the story before jumping to conclusions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
If it turns out this was just an accident, I wish the best to the family and to Donte, but if Donte was under the influence, he deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law. My condolences to the family no matter what. I'm just hoping that Donte didn't do somehting very stupid, he does seem like a nice guy...
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
The very fact that he admitted to have been drinking is bad, bad news. Of course he's going to say he quit at midnight...I mean, he's going to try to absolve himself of the potential that he was under the influence, right? The blood testing will undoubtedly be expedited now.

Anyways, even if he did quit drinking at midnight, the liver can only break down alcohol so fast....the rate is something around 1 standard drink every two hours, which means that his body could reasonably only have broken down about 3.5 drinks between midnight and 7 a.m.

I really hope that this isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was over the limit. Tragic either way.
There is no magic number to how fast your liver can breakdown alcohol. It factors on the amount of food eaten prior to drinking, the "healthiness" of the food, ones metabolism and of course the amount of alcohol consumed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Let's wait for the details to come out in this story before we start ripping into the guy...
This.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Like I mentioned before - it all depends on the drinks. I like a glass of tequila when it's the good stuff. I don't measure out a shot, I pour up a tumbler. Those 4 Patrons could very well have been doubles or more. And we could be talking run of the mill Margaritas or a big ones. I'll wager the drinks are more likely to be large & strong in the VIP section. ;)

EDIT: And nothing says he was just waking up. My guess is he was out all night and on his way home. All speculation now, of course.
It wouldn't surprise me at all for it to be alcohol related. That wasn't my point of the post. It was, if he was telling the truth and he had 6 drinks, and stopped at midnight, there is no way he was still drunk at 7am.

Your body processes alcohol at the same speed whether you are awake or asleep.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got your point. & you're right - it would metabolize about the same awake or asleep.

I'm just saying that 6 drinks may be 6 doubles, which changes the calculations significantly. But it's entirely possible that he's not a lush like me. :D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post

Great job reading the story before jumping to conclusions...

Indeed.

There is no magic number to how fast your liver can breakdown alcohol. It factors on the amount of food eaten prior to drinking, the "healthiness" of the food, ones metabolism and of course the amount of alcohol consumed.

This.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

when you're behind the wheel it is your responsibility to make sure you don't kill anybody. other circumstances don't really matter. a man is dead and the police are going to probably charge stallworth. even if some people were idiots walking infront of oncoming traffic, that doesn't mean you can just hit them.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

even if some people were idiots walking infront of oncoming traffic, that doesn't mean you can just hit them.
Sorry but this is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this site. Are you under 16 and unable to drive? Do you really think his (OR ANY OTHER human being) thought process was 'hmmm this guy is being an idiot and walking in front of me, I guess I can hit him'

It was an accident, **** happens man. If he could have avoided it he would have, he didn't and he is in a horrible situation now because of it.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just explaining my point since i was negative rep'd for my previous comments. and i know it was an accident, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been prevented.(for example by not speeding past a car to blow through a light, drinking, and whatever else allegedly happened)

by not obeying the laws, slowing down, not drinking, not looking, whatever the dude is dead. i'm just advocating some accountability and saying that irresponsible driving isn't cool.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

when you're behind the wheel it is your responsibility to make sure you don't kill anybody. other circumstances don't really matter. a man is dead and the police are going to probably charge stallworth. even if some people were idiots walking infront of oncoming traffic, that doesn't mean you can just hit them.
Is this a joke? I'm not even saying this because I am a Browns fan, I dislike Stallworth as a player a ton.

If I am going 70 mph im not taking my own life and possibly others driving because someone walked out in front of my car... If you can get out of the way you can, if you can't... well...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

this isn't a deer that got hit.

and my post was a reply to the previous post not a totally new statement. my counter argument to
Quote:
is that donte is probably going to be at fault and there is no excuse for killing somebody.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this isn't a deer that got hit.

and my post was a reply to the previous post not a totally new statement. my counter argument to

is that donte is probably going to be at fault and there is no excuse for killing somebody.
Really? He is going to be at fault based on what, that he hit the guy?

Not much has leaked out besides that it was someone crossing a HIGHWAY and Donte tried to get the guys attention by honking and flashing his brights but couldn't get out of the way.

Just wait for the facts to get out, youre making yourself look stupid.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Really? He is going to be at fault based on what, that he hit the guy?

Not much has leaked out besides that it was someone crossing a HIGHWAY and Donte tried to get the guys attention by honking and flashing his brights but couldn't get out of the way.

Just wait for the facts to get out, youre making yourself look stupid.
DUDE!!! look at my article link and any news site. stallworth was detained and is expected to be charged with crimes.
Quote:
Miami police have indicated that Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth is expected to be charged as a result of the driving accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning, two sources with knowledge of the investigation said.

“The police seem pretty confident that they’re going to charge him,” a source with the NFL said. “ … Even if he [is] clean, I think the police feel he’s going to be charged with something, regardless.”
if it was clearly not his fault then he would have been let go and there wouldn't be any of this talk.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prowler: honest question but are you old enough to drive?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

check my profile, i'm 24 and i don't understand how people don't understand what i'm saying.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
check my profile, i'm 24 and i don't understand how people don't understand what i'm saying.
Because you're basically saying if you hit someone with a car and they die its your fault 100% of the time.

Someone jumped in front of my uncles car trying to kill himself, was it my uncle's fault?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DUDE!!! look at my article link and any news site. stallworth was detained and is expected to be charged with crimes.

if it was clearly not his fault then he would have been let go and there wouldn't be any of this talk.
You do realize that just because someone is charged, it doesn't mean they are guilty...

Wait until the facts come out to say that he was at fault. There are lots of unavoidable accidents involving pedestrians(unavoidable for the driver.)

If a pedestrian is killed in an auto accident, someone is ALWAYS detained. Being detained is not the same as being arrested. Someone is detained in order to question to see what happened.

If he was truly negligent, then you have a point. But if he did everything possible to avoid it, HE ISN'T AT FAULT!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i was rushing through my comments and lost the focus of my argument. i'd say absolutely not your uncle's fault. stallworth's guy was supposedly right next to the bus stop and was just trying to get back to his family. personally, i'm way more conservative morally than most people and have frankly lost my balls the past few years. i drive around the speed limit and am happy enough with my life to be afraid to die. so when i see that a person was killed through a probably negligent driver i pretty much immediately react against the driver since i am paranoid when i drive.

so my problem is just overprotectionism of life due to lack of balls. and i've had some friends die in car accidents too. nothing wrong with speeding a few miles over the limit, but this situation doesn't smell right.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i was rushing through my comments and lost the focus of my argument. i'd say absolutely not your uncle's fault. stallworth's guy was supposedly right next to the bus stop and was just trying to get back to his family. personally, i'm way more conservative morally than most people and have frankly lost my balls the past few years. i drive around the speed limit and am happy enough with my life to be afraid to die. so when i see that a person was killed through a probably negligent driver i pretty much immediately react against the driver since i am paranoid when i drive.

so my problem is just overprotectionism of life due to lack of balls. and i've had some friends die in car accidents too. nothing wrong with speeding a few miles over the limit, but this situation doesn't smell right.
Personally, I don't understand the whole being afraid of dying thing, but I digress.

I wouldn't say not wanting to die shows a lack of balls, and driving safely surely doesn't show a lack of balls.

You keep saying "probably" guilty, or probably negligent, no one knows right now. There has been almost nothing released about the accident. Wait until some more facts come out. I hate to bring this up again, but look at the Duke LAX case. Just wait and see what actually happened instead of jumping to conclusions.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just explaining my point since i was negative rep'd for my previous comments.
I neg-repped your comment about how he hit a kid. You obviously didn't read the article at all and based an opinion of some conclusion you drew up. Why post on something you OBVIOUSLY neglected to even read [as if you had, you would have known he didn't hit a kid] and try to argue with users about it!

Quote:
Let's wait for the details to come out in this story before we start ripping into the guy...
Quoting Hollywood once again, as your to small minded to read it the first time.

If Stallworth was drinking or under the influence of something, by all means, he is 100% at fault and should be charged as such. Those results aren't in, and there is nothing new about the accident [which COULD be the pedestrians fault for all we know].

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Last edited by j05son : 03-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i already corrected myself and read all the articles. when i first read it i saw bus stop and immediately thought of school bus for some reason. go shove something up yourself if you want to be condescending.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stallworth's innocent! OJ hit the guy!
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well dont you think you should man up pretty soon, your gonna die one day anyway why care? When its time to go its time to go
Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prowler: honest question but are you old enough to drive?
He may be old enough to drive, but has obviously never driven in Miami. I swear, pedestrians are trying to get hit in that city.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 03-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
He may be old enough to drive, but has obviously never driven in Miami. I swear, pedestrians are trying to get hit in that city.
Try El Paso, TX. There are just herds of Mexican illegals that stream across the freeway with no warning.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Multiple sources reporting Stallworth was over legal limit during time of accident.

What does this mean for him this season?

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote