Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Multiple sources reporting Stallworth was over legal limit during time of accident.

What does this mean for him this season?
F*** his season.. This changes his entire life. Wow.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Yup. It means his season will be spent in courts trying to minimize the payout to the family and the duration of his incarceration.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it ends up being true then Stallworth's playing career is probably done and he should spend a good amount of time behind bars. Alot is going to depend on where the man crossed as well if it was illegal or legal as well.

As far as in relation to football, Stallworth will almost 100% have to give back his 4.5 million dollar bonus.

I hope for his sake this isn't the truth, not because I want him back as a football player, but because as a person he's going to have to live with this the rest of his life.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Multiple sources reporting Stallworth was over legal limit during time of accident.

What does this mean for him this season?
It means that he probably just went from an involuntary manslaughter case to murder.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It means that he probably just went from an involuntary manslaughter case to murder.
Murder? I think it will be vehicular manslaughter.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season? He better be in jail for this season. This should end his career. He should get alot of jail time for this. Max is 15 years, hopefully he'll never see the field again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Murder? I think it will be vehicular manslaughter.
Not if he was over the legal limit. Both murder and manslaughter are criminal homicides, except that manslaughter is a criminal with no "malice aforethought" or a man-endangering state of mind. Driving while being over the legal limit is considered to be a grossly negligent act with a high probability of resulting in serious bodily harm to another, and would therefore fulfill the malice aforethought requisite necessary for murder charges.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Not if he was over the legal limit. Both murder and manslaughter are criminal homicides, except that manslaughter is a criminal with no "malice aforethought" or a man-endangering state of mind. Driving while being over the legal limit is considered to be a grossly negligent act with a high probability of resulting in serious bodily harm to another, and would therefore fulfill the malice aforethought requisite necessary for murder charges.
He'll get vehicular manslaughter.

Yes, by the word of the law, they could charge him with murder. Doesn't happen very much though. They typically charge people with vehicular manslaughter, because it is a much easier case to prove than murder. Still 15 years jail time.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup, for how many years people are told not to drink and drive yet they continue to do it, when will they ****** learn. My heart goes out to that family.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend just got handed 4 years for vehicular manslaughter and the person he killed was a good friend of ours, drunk, and in the same car with him. I'll be damned if he gets off the hook with less than 2 years.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
My friend just got handed 4 years for vehicular manslaughter and the person he killed was a good friend of ours, drunk, and in the same car with him. I'll be damned if he gets off the hook with less than 2 years.
An acquaintance of mine from HS killed someone while driving drunk, and he was charged with vehicular manslaughter. I'm not sure how long he is serving though.

It won't be murder, because gross negligence doesn't include malice forethought. The could charge him with it, but no reasonable jury should(or will) convict if he is charged with murder. He will get vehicular manslaughter and a huge wrongful death. Hopefully he doesn't try to fight a lawsuit in civil court, and gives the family whatever they ask for. It's not like it will bring the guy back, but it will go a long way to showing that he is truly sorry.

Not to mention, this will never get to court. He will take a plea that gives him vehicular manslaughter.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
TRAP STAR

And the legal experts continue to weigh in with their valuable insights...
Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAP STAR View Post
And the legal experts continue to weigh in with their valuable insights...
Dude, I have done so much research on things like this... Not to mention, with my dad being a lawyer, I have talked to quite a few lawyers about the laws regarding this.

It's not like it is hard to read a law and see what it says. You don't have to be a legal expert to know the law... Not to mention, there are TONS of precedents for this, and the vast majority I have seen they are charged with vehicular manslaughter.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
TRAP STAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Dude, I have done so much research on things like this... Not to mention, with my dad being a lawyer, I have talked to quite a few lawyers about the laws regarding this.

It's not like it is hard to read a law and see what it says. You don't have to be a legal expert to know the law... Not to mention, there are TONS of precedents for this, and the vast majority I have seen they are charged with vehicular manslaughter.
Interesting, and do you know any of the facts of the case? Or are you basing your analysis on some low-brow, vague article thrown together in half an hour with extremely limited information?

You might want to figure out what the case is before you start trying to predict what it will result in.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't the same thing happen with Leonard Little? He's still playing ball.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
and it's an absolute travesty.

I've been waiting to hear if he was over the limit before weighing in on this, and now it's out. He's done, get him out of the league, get him out of the public eye. He is a murderer and should be treated as such.

No excuses and no tolerance, don't think about Donte's life (murderer), think about the lives of the victim's family.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAP STAR View Post
Interesting, and do you know any of the facts of the case? Or are you basing your analysis on some low-brow, vague article thrown together in half an hour with extremely limited information?

You might want to figure out what the case is before you start trying to predict what it will result in.
The VAST majority of drunk driving cases go the exact same way. I would bet anything he pleads to vehicular manslaughter. It is an incredibly rare occurrence that someone who kills someone while driving drunk gets charged with, much less convicted of murder.

He won't get off scott free, there has been a huge crackdown on drunk driving over the past few years(even bigger than it was before.) It will also never make it to court if he is charged with murder. No DA would risk losing if he is willing to plead to vehicular manslaughter. Especially in a case that will be high profile as this.

If he was over the legal limit(which hasn't been 100% confirmed) but it does look very likely, he will be facing jail. There is no doubt about that. There is also only a very slim chance that the DA wouldn't accept a plea. Vehicular Manslaughter is the most he will get(it could also be intoxicated manslaughter, depending on the laws in Florida).

He could get vehicular homicide, but that is actually a lesser charge than manslaughter.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some 20 year old kid I played baseball with was charged with vehicular manslaughter like 2 months ago while racing. Two weeks ago he was on drugs and punched a window outside of a building and bled to death.

Something like this totally changes your life. Everyday waking up thinking about it. One stupid choice...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

DenverDex needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
and it's an absolute travesty.

I've been waiting to hear if he was over the limit before weighing in on this, and now it's out. He's done, get him out of the league, get him out of the public eye. He is a murderer and should be treated as such.

No excuses and no tolerance, don't think about Donte's life (murderer), think about the lives of the victim's family.
Couldn't have said it better.
DenverDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Politician Paul is not the Commish anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no sympathy for a millionaire who chooses to drive drunk. Pay someone a modest sum to drive you, take a cab, take a limo, stay at your own mansion and party, whatever. If he was really drunk, I hope he spends a long time in jail.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I have no sympathy for a millionaire who chooses to drive drunk. Pay someone a modest sum to drive you, take a cab, take a limo, stay at your own mansion and party, whatever. If he was really drunk, I hope he spends a long time in jail.
Why does it matter he is a millionaire? I have no sympathy for anyone who gets in a wreck while drunk(even if I have driven drunk a couple of times, I try not to, but the call of ***** can be a powerful thing.)
Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

As far as in relation to football, Stallworth will almost 100% have to give back his 4.5 million dollar bonus.
Why? He didn't get injured and it was a bonus for being with the team and other various things he probably did or did not do. He probably won't get his next bonus.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Leonard Little drove drunk and killed a person when the penalties were less severe. Drunk driving penalties have gotten much more extensive, as they should. Its an easy thing to not do, and causes so much damage.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Why? He didn't get injured and it was a bonus for being with the team and other various things he probably did or did not do. He probably won't get his next bonus.
Why?

You don't think theres a contract violation about hitting and killing someone with car while drunk?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote