Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Why does it matter he is a millionaire? I have no sympathy for anyone who gets in a wreck while drunk(even if I have driven drunk a couple of times, I try not to, but the call of ***** can be a powerful thing.)
Fair point, but someone who can afford to be driven around has even less of an excuse, in my mind. I agree that it's wrong to get behind the wheel drunk no matter who you are.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know much about NFL contracts that expect players to follow the law, but DUI manslaughter is a charge that the state of Florida does not **** around with. Stallworth will be lucky if he ever plays football again (not in prison, of course).
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll get **** for time.

My sister and her ex boyfriend were riding home from Thunder in the Valley (Big local Bike week here in PA). A drunk driver pulled out on to the road, gunned it.. and collided with them.

This was his 5th DUI and 2 Wreck with a .08 or great BAC.

He's got 4 months.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ I won't be surprised to see him get off with little jail time. This country as a whole has laughable DUI laws and even weaker enforcement. Drunk drivers kill people all the time and get off. The amount of times I see/hear/read something about some douchebag working on the 4th, 5th, 6th+ DUI makes me sick. Combine that with the wealth Dante has to throw at his defense and a possible illegal crossing and he may not get any jail time at all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It turns out that the victim wasn't on a crosswalk...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN is reporting that Stallworth flashed his lights... If he had time to react by flashing his lights, I would think he'd have time to slam the breaks or swerve. I guess that coulda done a whole lot more damage to other cars though. Just an all around crappy situation. I'm hoping realllllly hard he was sober and this was just an unfortunate accident. Dang.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
ESPN is reporting that Stallworth flashed his lights... If he had time to react by flashing his lights, I would think he'd have time to slam the breaks or swerve. I guess that coulda done a whole lot more damage to other cars though. Just an all around crappy situation. I'm hoping realllllly hard he was sober and this was just an unfortunate accident. Dang.
He could've been blocked in by other cars or a median or something.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no justifying this. He was drunk, got behind the wheel, and hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk. If he was honestly not smart enough to call a taxi or even a teammate, why should he get off at all? Money is the root of all evil. Are there any reports that say how fast he was going? Because speeding after you know you had a few is probably up there for dumbest things ever.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Around 50 mph in a 40 zone

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
There's no justifying this. He was drunk, got behind the wheel, and hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk. If he was honestly not smart enough to call a taxi or even a teammate, why should he get off at all? Money is the root of all evil. Are there any reports that say how fast he was going? Because speeding after you know you had a few is probably up there for dumbest things ever.
I'm definitely not trying to justify Stallworth on this. He did his wrong and he should and will have to pay for it. I'm just saying that there's still a possible situation where he may have not been able to stop even if he had been sober. I don't know if you were talking about me when you said that, just trying to clarify my statement.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It hasn't actually been released that he was drunk yet. It is just reports, the results of his blood test hasn't been released.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, the fact that the guy wasn't in a cross walk might lower the sentencing a bit, but not much. Stallworth is going to have to pay out his ass to the victim's family regardless, but the fact that he said he flashed his lights and he wasn't in a crosswalk might make him avoid jail. Which is Rudy Cool.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Really, the fact that the guy wasn't in a cross walk might lower the sentencing a bit, but not much. Stallworth is going to have to pay out his ass to the victim's family regardless, but the fact that he said he flashed his lights and he wasn't in a crosswalk might make him avoid jail. Which is Rudy Cool.
See, I'm not completely sure what to think about jail time. Drunk driving is bad(if he was in fact drunk.) But the guy who got hit was in the process of breaking the law when he was killed. There are crosswalks for a reason, and that is to keep pedestrians safe.

But I am a callous, cold hearted bastard who has no regards for the "sanctity" of human life.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, I'm not completely sure what to think about jail time. Drunk driving is bad(if he was in fact drunk.) But the guy who got hit was in the process of breaking the law when he was killed. There are crosswalks for a reason, and that is to keep pedestrians safe.

But I am a callous, cold hearted bastard who has no regards for the "sanctity" of human life.
Doesn't really matter that he wasn't in a cross walk. If I see someone steal a pack of gum, and I kill them, I will still go to jail. I mean, I think it's obvious Stallworth wasn't intending to kill anyone (unless he was playing Death Race, in which case, he wins), but even accidentally killing someone can bring a charge of manslaughter.

Like I said, the fact that the guy wasn't in the crosswalk will prolly keep Stallworth out of jail, but he is still going to have to pay a high price for this. If it turns out that he was even the littlest bit intoxicated, he absolutely should go to jail imo.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Awesome. Way to not read anything in the articles posted so far.

Quote:
Are there any reports that say how fast he was going?
There is one that says 50 in a 40, but how reliable that may be is unclear thus far.
Quote:
He was drunk, got behind the wheel, and hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
No reliable information as to whether or not he was drunk, and one report that the guy was not in a crosswalk.

Good gawd man, if you're going to play junior judge/jury/executioner, please at least follow along with the information that is available.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Good gawd man, if you're going to play junior judge/jury/executioner, please at least follow along with the information that is available.

HE'S NOT JUDGE JUDY AND EXECUTIONER!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist. :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Doesn't really matter that he wasn't in a cross walk. If I see someone steal a pack of gum, and I kill them, I will still go to jail. I mean, I think it's obvious Stallworth wasn't intending to kill anyone (unless he was playing Death Race, in which case, he wins), but even accidentally killing someone can bring a charge of manslaughter.

Like I said, the fact that the guy wasn't in the crosswalk will prolly keep Stallworth out of jail, but he is still going to have to pay a high price for this. If it turns out that he was even the littlest bit intoxicated, he absolutely should go to jail imo.
That is a horrible comparison...

A better comparison would be this. Someone goes into the store to steal a pack of gum, and the roof collapses, killing him, should the store be held liable? I don't think so because he was breaking the law. Same thing with someone drowning in your pool while trespassing, you shouldn't be held liable for that either.

If Stallworth wasn't drunk he shouldn't go to jail, period. It doesn't matter if the guy was in a crosswalk. Accidents happen, no use ruining two peoples lives. If Stallworth was drunk he should go to jail.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
That is a horrible comparison...

A better comparison would be this. Someone goes into the store to steal a pack of gum, and the roof collapses, killing him, should the store be held liable? I don't think so because he was breaking the law. Same thing with someone drowning in your pool while trespassing, you shouldn't be held liable for that either.

If Stallworth wasn't drunk he shouldn't go to jail, period. It doesn't matter if the guy was in a crosswalk. Accidents happen, no use ruining two peoples lives. If Stallworth was drunk he should go to jail.
Yea, I was rushing it before class, it was bad. But in your case, yes. The store is completely liable. It doesn't matter if the person was breaking the law. That does not negate their personal rights nor does it negate the store's liability. Likewise, just because the guy wasn't in a crosswalk, doesn't mean Stallworth has no liability in hitting him.

He may not go to jail, but he is definitely liable. When I was a kid, I got hit by a car crossing the street in front of my house, and the lady that hit me had to pay out her ass for it because she was at fault. I don't think she went to jail, but she also wasn't drunk and didn't kill anyone. I think it is absolutely justifiable to "ruin" Stallworth's life if he was drunk. If he wasn't, he still should have to pay a ton of money to the family.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is going to turn into a Leonard Little situation where he'll plead guilty to a lesser offense and serve misdemeanor time, or pay some fine. The same thing happened to Jim Leyritz and he was drunk. He'll be playing again either in 2009 or 2010.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea, I was rushing it before class, it was bad. But in your case, yes. The store is completely liable. It doesn't matter if the person was breaking the law. That does not negate their personal rights nor does it negate the store's liability. Likewise, just because the guy wasn't in a crosswalk, doesn't mean Stallworth has no liability in hitting him.

He may not go to jail, but he is definitely liable. When I was a kid, I got hit by a car crossing the street in front of my house, and the lady that hit me had to pay out her ass for it because she was at fault. I don't think she went to jail, but she also wasn't drunk and didn't kill anyone. I think it is absolutely justifiable to "ruin" Stallworth's life if he was drunk. If he wasn't, he still should have to pay a ton of money to the family.
I know the store is liable according to the law, but I think that is a ridiculous law. If you are in the process of breaking the law, the law should not protect you. Just like I believe a person has the absolute right to shoot someone who has broken into their house, regardless of whether or not they are a viable threat.

This is just a matter of personal belief, I think it is completely wrong that someone who is committing a crime is protected by the same laws they are ignoring.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Awesome. Way to not read anything in the articles posted so far.

There is one that says 50 in a 40, but how reliable that may be is unclear thus far.

No reliable information as to whether or not he was drunk, and one report that the guy was not in a crosswalk.

My interpretation was that he had a BAC of .12 and the guy was in a crosswalk. All the information I'm aware of so far has come from this thread. Whether it be me misreading it or someone else spewing out incorrect info, I'm not sure. I just pretty much scanned. And I put italics on that one quote by you because some of the information that is available is inaccurate, like the report of the .12...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Nothing has been released - it's all "leaked" info and unnamed sources. For all we know the guy could have jumped in front of Stallworth so his family could get a big payday - just aim for the expensive car. ;)

All I'm saying is that your post was very . . . definitive - depsite the fact that none of the available info can be considered accurate & definitive.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jail him for life. anybody who's excuse is 'i flashed my lights to warn him' is too ignorant to be operating a vehicle. add speeding, drinking, and frankly this entire thing just doesn't feel right. 911 calls didn't seem to mention that stallworth trying to help him. for all we know he hit him, drove around the block, got scared, and came back.

if you see people on the side of the road then you slow down. if you see people on the side of the road looking like they are going to cross then you slow the **** down. if they cross then you can stop in time. i don't care if stallworth somehow manages to legally weasel his way out of this, he was morally wrong for not taking proper precautions to avoid him. driving is a privilege.

home invasion and jaywalking have nothing in common.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
jail him for life. anybody who's excuse is 'i flashed my lights to warn him' is too ignorant to be operating a vehicle. add speeding, drinking, and frankly this entire thing just doesn't feel right. 911 calls didn't seem to mention that stallworth trying to help him. for all we know he hit him, drove around the block, got scared, and came back.

if you see people on the side of the road then you slow down. if you see people on the side of the road looking like they are going to cross then you slow the **** down. if they cross then you can stop in time. i don't care if stallworth somehow manages to legally weasel his way out of this, he was morally wrong for not taking proper precautions to avoid him. driving is a privilege.

home invasion and jaywalking have nothing in common.
Thats why my original analogy involved petty theft.

We don't know if he was drunk yet. I'm sure he also attempted to brake, but if someone darts out into the road, sometimes your care just won't stop quick enough.

I have never been close to being hit by a car while crossing the street. I'm not stupid enough to think that I can take a car that weight 2k pounds.

Both the driver and the pedestrian have the responsibility to avoid accidents. There is a reason there are jaywalking laws, and that is so pedestrians don't dart in front of traffic.

Getting hit while crossing the road not at a designated area should automatically qualify you for the Darwin awards. It's not like it is hard to see a car coming and get the **** out of the way. Cars don't just sneak up on you. It isn't like they are small.

I have absolutely no sympathy for someone getting hit while illegally crossing the street. You should be smart enough to avoid the 2000 LB VEHICLE COMING AT YOU ON THE ROAD, THE ROAD WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVING! Now, if he was crossing at a stop light when it was red and he got hit, thats a different story because that is a designated area where cars are supposed to stop. But if you try to dart across the street and you get hit, well, you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm just ranting, not directing this towards anybody

pretty much my entire ire against stallworth is now taking stemming from his comments about flashing his lights and the leaked reports that he was over the limit. this entire thing screamed drunk driving from the start with half comments and unconfirmed reports. it's pretty safe to say that he was drinking something that night.

when i drive, i know what cars are in which lanes beside me and i pay attention to the road/people next to it. if he was drinking then he didn't think to care about what vehicles were next to him, or that maybe he should have slowed down. the only excuse for his logic besides alcohol is stupidity. either way, he wasn't thinking clearly enough to be driving. add in speeding and he was clearly wreckless. the possibility for jaywalking has to be taken into account at all times. people never know when a little kid will run out infront of your car or someone who's had a long day will take one too many steps. jacka** jaywalkers who dodge traffic take advantage of the situation, and they deserve to be heavily fined or jailed in some cases.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote