Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm going to go with Darrelle Revis on this one, maybe Kris Jenkins. Curious what other Jets fans think.
David Harris or Revis maybe Rhodes
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Giants - Justin Tuck
Tuck over Eli?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I believe it's a tie between Patrick Willis and Frank Gore.
I would say Pat you would have a better chance finding another Gore then another Willis.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe it's a tie between Patrick Willis and Frank Gore.
From an outsiders view i think patrick willis is clearly more untouchable than Frank Gore. Frank Gore is much more replaceable, while their is no way singletary lets go of willis
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chris johnson
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CARSON! Although I would cry if Chinedum Ndukwe left.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny, just today I was wondering if I would trade Peyton Manning for Jay Cutler.

I couldn't really come to a definite answer, although was leaning heavily towards "no" (just shy of saying it really). I think Peyton can continue to be as good as he is for 6 more years if not maybe 7 or more, and because of that the Colts have a shot at multiple Super Bowls with him.

But Cutler being 7 years younger actually made me consider it and not say completely no to the idea. I wondered what if Polian pulled off that move, what the fanbase and the community would do. The potential uproar. Although maybe Cutler being an Indiana kid would soften the blow, plus he would come cheaper the next two or three years (not that the Colts really need the money to sign anyone now though).

But Polian wouldn't pull off that move tomorrow, because he's not that shrewd and cold. He'd rather stick with Peyton until his retirement.

PS. I don't think anyone is untouchable, the only issue is cost/price.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

derrick brooks

wait

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Tom Brady on offense and Vince Wilfork on defense. There's so many though - Moss, Welker, etc. I'd pick Tom Brady though.
Couldn't have said it much better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
derrick brooks

wait
you had the exact same epiphany as me haha

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offence- Russell or McFadden
Defense- Asomugha

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VERY interesting question for the Eagles. Honestly, no one stands out. We don't have that one young stud player on Cutler's level to build the team around..Maybe Trent Cole or DeSean Jackson, but not really.

Thank god there's a draft this April =D
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who I'd say for each team.

Packers - Aaron Rodgers and Barnett
Vikings - Adrian Peterson and Cedric Griffin
Lions - Calvin Johnson and ??
Bears - Matt Forte and Lance Briggs

Cowboys - Roy Williams and DeMarcus Ware
Giants - Brandon Jacobs and Aaron Ross
Redskins - Clinton Portis and Albert Haynesworth
Eagles - Donovan McNabb and Asante Samuel

Falcons - Matt Ryan and John Abraham
Saints - Drew Brees and Will Smith
Panthers - Steve Smith and Peterson
Buccaneers - Antonio Bryant and Gaines Adams

Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald and Dockett
Seahawks - Walter Jones and Lofa Tatupu
49ers - Frank Gore and Patrick Willis
Rams - Steven Jackson and Chris Long

Ravens - Flacco and Ed Reed
Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger and Woodley
Browns - Joe Thomas and Shaun Rogers...
Bengals - Carson Palmer and Rivers

Patriots - Tom Brady and Wilfork
Bills - Parrish(explosive on offense and special teams) and Stroud
Jets - Nick Mangold and Bart Scott
Dolphins - Jake Long and Joey Porter

Colts - Peyton Manning and Freeney
Texans - Andre Johnson and Mario Williams
Jaguars - Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Nelson
Titans - Chris Johnson and Cortland Finnegan

Broncos - Jay Cutler and Brian Dawkins
Chiefs - Matt Cassel and Derrick Johnson
Raiders - Darren McFa(hahaha) and Nnamdi Asomugah
Chargers - Philip Rivers and Merriman

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tuck over Eli?
Tuck over Eli and Osi?

actually, the real untouchable is Jeff Feagles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
David Harris or Revis maybe Rhodes
Definitely three of our best defensive players, Revis is just the youngest, has been the most consistent, hasn't shown he's prone to injury, and plays the most important position. Harris is great but 3-4 ILB is nowhere near as important as a corner. Maybe you could say he's untouchable because he won't be as valuable to another team to you because of the position he plays so you won't get proper value in return, but I'd say Revis is the hardest to replace. Mangold is a nice call also, but I'd have a harder time letting #24 go.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely Revis.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

For the Jets, I would say that Kris Jenkins and Darrelle Revis are absolutely irreplaceable; followed by Leon Washington and Nick Mangold.

Kris could easily be considered the most important person on our entire team as far as impact, and I don't think the Jets' fan base would stand getting rid of a true elite NT, once we finally got a taste for one. I'm honestly not sure who they'd be more upset over losing, Revis or Jenkins...Revis has the sentimentality of being a handpicked and groomed, soon to be elite CB, which are always hard to find.

I would say it's a relative tie between Revis and Jenkins.

I mention Leon because he's a fan favorite and our most explosive offensive player, but he is more replaceable than a Revis or Jenkins. Mangold is a stud center, which is not easy to find by any means, but I just feel he could be adequately replaced and you can't adequately replace a NT in the 34.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre, wherever he is

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't think tuck is that untouchable for us because Osi's better than him right now and kiwi has more upside. That said I can't imagine what we'd get for that kid.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
Lions - Calvin Johnson and ??
Jason Hanson =\
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
Giants - Brandon Jacobs and Aaron Ross
Aaron Ross isn't close to as good as Corey Webster and Terrell Thomas looked a lot better in limited time last season and he's not as close to his peak yet.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without a doubt, Jim Sorgi.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Without a doubt, Jim Sorgi.
The true mastermind behind the colts, with Jim Sorgi backing him up the colts could win with sexy rexy.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone can be had for the right price
Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Aaron Ross isn't close to as good as Corey Webster and Terrell Thomas looked a lot better in limited time last season and he's not as close to his peak yet.

I simply think that Aaron Ross is going to be one of the better corners in this league in the years to come.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote