Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
I simply think that Aaron Ross is going to be one of the better corners in this league in the years to come.
Really he's already like 26, lacks top end speed and isn't able to really jam very good number ones. I think he can be a very good number two corner, but he's by no means untouchable, especially with our pass rush and depth at corner.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BEEFCAKE!

Last edited by ccB : 03-17-2009 at 10:55 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Offence- Russell or McFadden
Defense- Asomugha
Yeah, definitely Scrabble.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Really he's already like 26, lacks top end speed and isn't able to really jam very good number ones. I think he can be a very good number two corner, but he's by no means untouchable, especially with our pass rush and depth at corner.
nobody on the D-Line for the giants are untouchable because they keep plugging guys in that turn into pro-bowl caliber players.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
nobody on the D-Line for the giants are untouchable because they keep plugging guys in that turn into pro-bowl caliber players.
We develop pro-bowl caliber lineman :shrug: I'd say that argument that we just keep plugging guys in is truer about CB than DL for us.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Day. No question.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
We develop pro-bowl caliber lineman :shrug: I'd say that argument that we just keep plugging guys in is truer about CB than DL for us.
yeah but in 07' cb was a major concern late in the season

Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to say Torry Holt, time to go back in my closet and cry like a ten year old girl.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
yeah but in 07' cb was a major concern late in the season
Since then Corey Webster has become a beast, our pass rush took it to the next level, and we've also draft two day one corners, ross and thomas.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breesus Christ.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who I'd say for each team.

Vikings - Adrian Peterson and Cedric Griffin
Hahahahahahaha.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hahahahahahaha.
theres some satire in my picks.

In all honesty it is Pat Williams

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who I'd say for each team.

Cowboys - Roy Williams and DeMarcus Ware
Is this one of your "satires"?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Darrelle Revis

You don't trade an elite corner when he is only 23
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Is this one of your "satires"?
No, I love Roy Williams and pretty much the rest of our players on offense are expendable; except Jay Witt

Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm going to go with Darrelle Revis on this one, maybe Kris Jenkins. Curious what other Jets fans think.
Definitely a lot of options:

Leon Washington
Kris Jenkins
Darrelle Revis

I wouldn't want to lose any of them. All very important. These guys are really close to being untouchable:

Jerricho Cotchery*
Nick Mangold
Calvin Pace*
David Harris
Kerry Rhodes

*Guys That Haven't Been Mentioned Yet.

Cotch - I think he's a big piece to our team due to the lack of quality/NFL proven receivers. Our receiving squad would be scary right now:

Chansi Stuckey
David Clowney
Brad Smith
Wallace Wright
Dustin Keller

We still need a number 1, but Cotch provides somewhat of a veteran guy and he has sure hands.

Pace - He made a big imact, even though it wasn't as big as his contract warranted. He was one of our few weapons as a true pass rusher this year, and the best of the 3 guys who rushed from the outside (Thomas and Elam).

Last edited by TimD : 03-17-2009 at 11:30 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
theres some satire in my picks.

In all honesty it is Pat Williams
Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson...
Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson...
Those are obviously great players for the vikings but Minnesota was a very good defense without Jared Allen.

The Williams' tandem is one of the run stuffing duos i've seen

Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While there have been many less than serious, in terms of fan uproar I think the guy for the Bills is Brian Moorman. Wouldn't cause us to be a joke, the fact that we were shopping a punter might, but the fans would flip.
Maybe Lee Evans. The high hopes and excitement with McKelvin make him an option on a very non-spectacular team.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 03-17-2009 at 11:27 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I love Roy Williams and pretty much the rest of our players on offense are expendable; except Jay Witt
What has he done to deserve the love, exactly? Nothing. Riots would not breakout in the streets of Dallas if Roy was ever rumored to be traded. Romo or Witten maybe. But Roy, no.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What has he done to deserve the love, exactly? Nothing. Riots would not breakout in the streets of Dallas if Roy was ever rumored to be traded. Romo or Witten maybe. But Roy, no.
Well if he was released there would definitely be a riot. We traded a 1st and 3rd for him. I wouldn't care if romo was traded for a guy like cutler. What great has romo done for dallas? Drop a snap? go on vacations with jessica?

Give Roy the off season to learn and be without TO and he will be having a breakout year next year.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty obvious for the Colts.... Peyton Manning.

Other than the obvious pick, I would say Reggie Wayne is there as well as possibly Anthony Gonzalez.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What great has romo done for dallas? Drop a snap? go on vacations with jessica?
Only broke nearly every record we had standing for a QB, but hey that's nothing compared to a vacation.

Look at everything Roy did for Dallas!!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Only broke nearly every record we had standing for a QB, but hey that's nothing compared to a vacation.

Look at everything Roy did for Dallas!!1!
roy had half of a season after arriving to dallas.

If Romo wants to be on my cowboys keeper list he needs to grow the **** up. Records are nothing when you have no Lombardi trophies to show for.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
roy had half of a season after arriving to dallas.

If Romo wants to be on my cowboys keeper list he needs to grow the **** up. Records are nothing when you have no Lombardi trophies to show for.

And we all know if you don't accomplish that within your first 3 years as a starter your a failure right?

My point is that Romo has done alot more for Dallas then Roy, which was in reference to you putting Roy as an untouchable...He may be untouchable because nobody would want him at that price right now, but the only untouchable is Ware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote