Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we sign Atogwe I'd expect Donald Washington to get the boot. McCarthy is supposedly a special teams ace, and you can never have too many special teams stars.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Washington might get the boot anyway depending on how many of each position the team wants to carry (I have them projected with just 8 OL and just 7 DL with Washington on the roster).

McCarthy isn't going anywhere, but his place as #3 safety certainly isn't set, either (even though I don't dislike him in that role). Which is what I was saying.

I'd still like to see the team get a veteran C behind Hudson (Romberg/Faine?) and maybe a guy like Greg Camarillo to upgrade the WR depth and keep the Chiefs from having to rely on Wylie.

Last edited by nepg : 05-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't see a place for him with Moeaki coming back and the signing of Boss. Seems too crowded.
I see no reason not to carry 3 TE's. Especially as fragile at TM is.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm thinking Washington might get the boot anyway depending on how many of each position the team wants to carry (I have them projected with just 8 OL and just 7 DL with Washington on the roster).

Defensive Line (7)
1. Dorsey (DE)
2. Gordon (NT)
3. Jackson (DE)
4. Bailey
5. Poe
6. Powe
7. Bair

McCarthy isn't going anywhere, but his place as #3 safety certainly isn't set, either (even though I don't dislike him in that role). Which is what I was saying.

I'd still like to see the team get a veteran C behind Hudson (Romberg/Faine?) and maybe a guy like Greg Camarillo to upgrade the WR depth and keep the Chiefs from having to rely on Wylie.
I dont see Powe, Poe and Gordon all making the team, unless they plan to play Poe at DE a lot.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I dont see Powe, Poe and Gordon all making the team, unless they plan to play Poe at DE a lot.

J
All three can play DE...
Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm pretty confident all three of those guys make the 53.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It's not like they have players that are better.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs signed some DE from the Jets whose name I can't begin to pronounce
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
The Chiefs are expected to approach contract-year LT Branden Albert about an extension this season.
I think this would be a very smart move.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I fully expect Albert and the Chiefs to agree on a deal. He isn't a top 5 LT but he is a very good one and he has gotten better every year at LT. Pioli is also one to preach continuity along the OL so I'd be surprised if we let him walk.

Now I'd really like to hear a rumor (or anything) on Bowe signing..

Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Chiefs signed some DE from the Jets whose name I can't begin to pronounce
Ropati Pitoitua. You have to love getting some Polynesian on the line, and he managed to stick with Jets even through a torn Achilles until they picked up Coples. 6'8" and 315 is impressive size for a 34 end, but I'd never heard or seen him play before today. Hopefully he can play a little.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/79...le-talking-big

Quote:
"When I touch that field again you're gonna feel my pain." Charles told the Kansas City Star."You're going to go what I went through.It's going to be that way for me the rest of my career."

giggity giggity
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Ropati Pitoitua. You have to love getting some Polynesian on the line, and he managed to stick with Jets even through a torn Achilles until they picked up Coples. 6'8" and 315 is impressive size for a 34 end, but I'd never heard or seen him play before today. Hopefully he can play a little.
He should give us what we got from Shaun Smith in 2010. He did solid work while TJ was on IR. He has good chances as the 4th DE.

You have to wonder if they want to see him at NT.

J
Old 05-15-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

per Schefter Chiefs have a visit planned with Yeremiah Bell tommorow
Old 05-15-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's 34 so I'm not expecting big things but I'll take him as depth.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's 34 so I'm not expecting big things but I'll take him as depth.
one think that seems to be clear the Chiefs are doing everything they can to address S depth after the Sabby debackle last year
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we won't have Barry Richardson to kick around any more. He signed with the Rams today. Sounds like addition by subraction for the Chiefs.

Bye Barry!
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Well, we won't have Barry Richardson to kick around any more. He signed with the Rams today. Sounds like addition by subraction for the Chiefs.

Bye Barry!
I saw that. I feel bad for Bradford, I really do.. unless he's just going to be a backup/depth OT, then he's probably fine.

Also, Jeff Allen reportedly agreed to terms and is under contract. Now just like 3 more and we're set. Yay.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Chiefs reportedly signed former Mizzou TE Martin Rucker.guess this officially ends the Dallas Clark talk
Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Not surprised about Rucker. Glad to have Allen under contract. Much as I like Lilja, the movement of this line is to size, and Lilja hasnt got much.

I hope they sign Yerimiah Bell. He can play SS, and let Berry reinvent the Jack Safety, or vice versa.

I agree that Barry Richardson had no place on this team, but he far exceeded what we paid to get him. Stephenson should be a decent swing tackle for now.

J
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Even though he's from Mizzou, I'd rather have a young guy like Rucker over Clark.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even though he's from Mizzou, I'd rather have a young guy like Rucker over Clark.
His 2 catches in 4 seasons is very impressive.

Last edited by Splat : 05-15-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's like 25. I'll take a 25 year old 3rd string TE over a 35 year old 3rd string TE.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Worth a camp look and worth looking at as a guy who could come in mid-season when Moeaki inevitably gets injured again. But I think they roll with Moeaki, Boss, and Maneri for their TEs.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

De'Quan Menzie also appearantly signed.just leaves Poe and Stephenson