Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame the loss on Atlanta being better than we are. This is a Super Bowl caliber team we played. They were healthy; we were not.

Next.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I blame the loss on Atlanta being better than we are. This is a Super Bowl caliber team we played. They were healthy; we were not.

Next.

J
Says the guy that predicted a 13-3 record and one of those 13 wins being against the Falcons. Okay.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Says the guy that predicted a 13-3 record and one of those 13 wins being against the Falcons. Okay.
There you have it. I was predicting an upset in game 1, because it was very early and Atlanta has a slow starter reputation, and because it was a home game. It was still going to be an upset. A big part of the 13-3 was it being the upper end of the range, with 11-5 being the realistic center.

Beating Buffalo on the road will not be an upset, merely difficult.

BTW Houston is also better than we are. They are on a tier above. Houston vs Atlanta is mt SB prediction.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you actively post J at the bottom of every post. We know who is posting because of your username...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Cassel was terrible in the 2nd half. Should have thrown 3 INT's but Samuel misplaced the ball on his hand when he had an easy one. Guess who brought Cassel in?

The DL sucked the worst out of everyone. Couldn't get any pressure on Matt Ryan. Guess who drafted 2 of the 3 starting DL?

Jonathan Baldwin didn't even play. Guess he wasn't good enough. Guess who drafted him?

Neither our OC or HC could make any kind of adjustment. They also don't have respect of the players. Guess who brought them in?

See where this is headed? This season is going to blow up in Pioli's face. 7 wins max. Clark better flush this Patriot BS down the toilet.

are you a member at Chiefs Planet?
you would fit in great there,
just sayin'.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheffield waived to make room for Hali.Why are we cutting Sheffield when Studebaker is far more worthless
Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Sheffield waived to make room for Hali.Why are we cutting Sheffield when Studebaker is far more worthless
I didn't see the game, but Romeo said Studebaker was very solid in his backup time.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cassel was terrible in the 2nd half. Should have thrown 3 INT's but Samuel misplaced the ball on his hand when he had an easy one. Guess who brought Cassel in?

The DL sucked the worst out of everyone. Couldn't get any pressure on Matt Ryan. Guess who drafted 2 of the 3 starting DL?

Jonathan Baldwin didn't even play. Guess he wasn't good enough. Guess who drafted him?

Neither our OC or HC could make any kind of adjustment. They also don't have respect of the players. Guess who brought them in?

See where this is headed? This season is going to blow up in Pioli's face. 7 wins max. Clark better flush this Patriot BS down the toilet.
Whoah man....chill out...No way this roster is a seven win team. I think we either take the west or a wildcard(manning looked good, but I doubt he lasts the season). I hope you have the same enthusiasm if Pioli's roster takes us to the playoffs. One game with us missing like thirty percent of our defensive starters.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why do you actively post J at the bottom of every post. We know who is posting because of your username...
Old habit from when there were no sigs.

Quote:
Studebaker is far from worthless. He is only worthless as a pass rusher. Sheffield did not develop much in that area either.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Whoah man....chill out...No way this roster is a seven win team. I think we either take the west or a wildcard(manning looked good, but I doubt he lasts the season). I hope you have the same enthusiasm if Pioli's roster takes us to the playoffs. One game with us missing like thirty percent of our defensive starters.
Best we can do is hope for a 6 seed. Broncos are by far the best team in the division.

Just don't see it. I can see this team being 2-4 at the bye. If we had a QB we'd look miles better. That's what SD is doing right now.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Best we can do is hope for a 6 seed. Broncos are by far the best team in the division.

Just don't see it. I can see this team being 2-4 at the bye. If we had a QB we'd look miles better. That's what SD is doing right now.
Hardly. We have a tough first month, but after that we could take 9 of our last 11, unless someone really surprises. The only real bump is back to back games with SD and Pitt.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Hali will be back this next week. Will Flowers?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kind of agree. Sheffield, when he's been on the field, has actually looked like a solid 3rd OLB. I guess they like Stude's versatility, have concerns about Sheff's durability, and there might have been monetary differences that factored in as well.

There's a ton of overreacting after that first game.

They were down to nothing at CB and were missing Hali.

The only criticisms I have of the team for that game are Romeo's vanilla defense when it was clear they needed to take a chance to change the way things were going and the way the team handled the game mentally once they missed that field goal and went down by 10. Up until that point, the offense looked as good as anyone in the NFL. They need to handle those situations better and they need to have a little bit more pride and focus on defense.

The adjustments personnel-wise, that I'd like to see are moving Daniels back to CB where he belongs and have a bit more faith in their safety depth, which I believe to be pretty solid. (btw, I haven't noticed Kyle McCarthy at all so far...what's his deal? I was kind of excited for that acquisition).

Last edited by nepg : 09-12-2012 at 04:56 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle McCarthy went on IR during training camp with a knee injury.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks. Made a weak effort to search about him, and didn't find anything.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
I know Hali will be back this next week. Will Flowers?
I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have a feeling that Flowers will play. He was limited today, but I have a feeling. Call it a hunch.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hardly. We have a tough first month, but after that we could take 9 of our last 11, unless someone really surprises. The only real bump is back to back games with SD and Pitt.

J
Not so sure about that. @SD, @PIT, the three game home stretch of CIN, DEN and CAR all look like really tough games. The last game of the year is probably the hardest on the schedule.

I think we can beat CLE, OAK and IND though.

I'm sticking with 7-9.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I predicted 10-6 with a wildcard berth. I still think we can accomplish that.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Not so sure about that. @SD, @PIT, the three game home stretch of CIN, DEN and CAR all look like really tough games. The last game of the year is probably the hardest on the schedule.

I think we can beat CLE, OAK and IND though.

I'm sticking with 7-9.
I did not say it was a cake walk, but I expect to sweep the Bengals, Broncos, Panther set. Anything less than 2-1 is a major letdown.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I don't think this was one if the games in the schedule that was chaired upas a win. They had holes exposed in a game they weren't expected to win. I don't think that's a bad thing in the first game of the season. Hell, if Hali and Flowers play last week, they beat Atlanta

They showed they will put up the points to win games as long as the defense plays like an average defense. This unit is way above average. They're going to win a lot of games and get better as the season progresses.

Last edited by nepg : 09-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

Quote:
I did not say it was a cake walk, but I expect to sweep the Bengals, Broncos, Panther set. Anything less than 2-1 is a major letdown.

J
This team doesn't stand a chance against the Broncos. We can't get pressure on the QB even with Tamba here. Manning is gonna have plenty of time and they're gonna put 30 points on the board. They also have one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league which is gonna hurt us bad.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't think this was one if the games in the schedule that was chaired upas a win. They had holes exposed in a game they weren't expected to win. I don't think that's a bad thing in the first game of the season. Hell, if Hali and Flowers play last week, they beat Atlanta

They showed they will put up the points to win games as long as the defense plays like an average defense. This unit is way above average. They're going to win a lot of games and get better as the season progresses.
If Flowers and Hali played we still would have lost bro. We would have gave up like 10 less points though. Falcons are an elite offense now and even with Tamba we don't get that much pressure. Relying on one player to be the pass rush will be our downfall on defense.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
This team doesn't stand a chance against the Broncos. We can't get pressure on the QB even with Tamba here. Manning is gonna have plenty of time and they're gonna put 30 points on the board. They also have one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league which is gonna hurt us bad.
As evidenced by all the games Tamba has played this year. Oh, wait..

I get being upset, but going full on Debbie Downer mode after week one? That is a bit too far.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Flowers fully practiced today. Yipee.