Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If the coaching staff doesn't think he should be on the field why should I?

As for BC I have faith he can play but I don't believe he can stay on the field reminds me of Todd Heap.
JC had to earn his spot on the field, although many felt he was better than Larry Johnson.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Morgan looked pretty decent in his start against Jacksonville. Not good by any stretch, but not as bad as Brown. I'd be ok with Page and Morgan starting at safety next year. I'm not ok with the starting inside linebackers.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have NFL caliber starters?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steven Jackson
Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Steven Jackson
Ok one but he didn't even play in that game.

In other news Jack Harry had a interview with Scott Pioli and the only thing out of it worth talking about IMO is he laughed at the Dorsey trade talk and said he planned on having both Dorsey and DJ back.

Here is the link it's a video part one is pretty much a waste of time unless you have nothing better to do part two is when they get in to the players and what not.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/content...OjBKEQ0EA.cspx
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great find and actually a pretty good watch. I'm glad that he said we were keeping Dorsey and DJ. I've been saying it to people on these boards for months but it's nice to have some sort of confirmation from the front office.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Great find and actually a pretty good watch. I'm glad that he said we were keeping Dorsey and DJ. I've been saying it to people on these boards for months but it's nice to have some sort of confirmation from the front office.
Yes, because Pioli would go out and say, "Yeah, we absolutely are looking forward to trading Dorsey. We have no use for him." Then Pioli would have all the leverage and could get the sweetest deal possible. I think if a team offered a 1st straight up for Dorsey Pioli would jump all over it.

On a side note, watched some video of Anthony Davis today, specifically against South Florida, and he looked pretty good against Selvie. Seemed to do well in pass protection and run blocking. Against other teams he looked more hit and miss. I also watched Okung, Campbell and just a bit of Bulaga...not that impressed with the tackles. If the Chiefs want to trade down and take one, fine, but I don't think any of them will be left tackles in the league, and I doubt they'll be any better than Albert.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The media kills me they act like Dorsey is the worst player on the team or something they need to stop looking at stats and watch the games.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Jack Harry's thoughts on Scott after the interview.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/2...es-his-tune-on

"I'll admit, going in, I had a completely different perception of the Chiefs general manager," Harry said, who also admitted he "came away very impressed" with the Chiefs GM.

"I find Pioli to be intelligent, witty, affable and most importantly, very likeable," he said.

"He's the polar opposite of his predecessor who spent countless hours sipping wine on the Plaza and rubbing elbows with the so called movers and shakers around town," Harry said.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It might be a stretch, but they aren't playing in the canadian league, they were playing in the national football league.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Yes, because Pioli would go out and say, "Yeah, we absolutely are looking forward to trading Dorsey. We have no use for him." Then Pioli would have all the leverage and could get the sweetest deal possible. I think if a team offered a 1st straight up for Dorsey Pioli would jump all over it.

On a side note, watched some video of Anthony Davis today, specifically against South Florida, and he looked pretty good against Selvie. Seemed to do well in pass protection and run blocking. Against other teams he looked more hit and miss. I also watched Okung, Campbell and just a bit of Bulaga...not that impressed with the tackles. If the Chiefs want to trade down and take one, fine, but I don't think any of them will be left tackles in the league, and I doubt they'll be any better than Albert.
As a Big Hawkeye fan, I think Bulaga will make a good right tackle, not left tackle. You should watch him vs. Michigan. Brandon Gramhm ran over him like they were playing in the CFL.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
As a Big Hawkeye fan, I think Bulaga will make a good right tackle, not left tackle. You should watch him vs. Michigan. Brandon Gramhm ran over him like they were playing in the CFL.
I think all of them could be good right tackles, I just don't see any of them being better than Albert at left.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Wilson: Chiefs may move Albert to right tackle
Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that a lot over the past few weeks. Albert's best position when drafted that he was to transition to was supposed to be RT
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a fine LT and I'd be really curious to know where ESPN is getting this information, considering information RARELY leaves Arrowhead under the Pioli/Haley regime.

It's probably just more fishing by the media for something to report. I'll believe it on draft day when we take a tackle.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I heard that a lot over the past few weeks. Albert's best position when drafted that he was to transition to was supposed to be RT
That's not true
Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
That's not true
Actually it is. Many scouts had him pegged to be an RT, some had him pegged LT, but many more had him pegged as an RT.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Actually it is. Many scouts had him pegged to be an RT, some had him pegged LT, but many more had him pegged as an RT.
I don't remember that at all. I remember everyone saying he's a LT, and the only reason he didn't play there was because they had Monroe. If he was a RT he probably would've played it in college.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
I don't remember that at all. I remember everyone saying he's a LT, and the only reason he didn't play there was because they had Monroe. If he was a RT he probably would've played it in college.
He played like 5 games at LT one year, but was goign to make the transition to RT or LT in the pros. it was a mixed bag but many pegged him RT.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He played like 5 games at LT one year, but was goign to make the transition to RT or LT in the pros. it was a mixed bag but many pegged him RT.
You may be right I just don't remember that talk.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You may be right I just don't remember that talk.
Hmm, I'm with Hook'Em on this one. I'm pretty sure everyone thought Albert could handle the LT position coming out. Not sure if the situation has changed, but that was vibe I got during the draft process that year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Hmm, I'm with Hook'Em on this one. I'm pretty sure everyone thought Albert could handle the LT position coming out. Not sure if the situation has changed, but that was vibe I got during the draft process that year.
It was definately a Left Tackle, and gailey, herm, etc said he was going to be our left tackle. Also, Why would you draft that high with a right tackle?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
It was definately a Left Tackle, and gailey, herm, etc said he was going to be our left tackle. Also, Why would you draft that high with a right tackle?
I know everyone at KC loved him as an LT and some guys like Kiper had him pegged top 10 for LT. But i remember a lot of people away from the mainstream pegged him for RT i just dont remember whom.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Once i figure out whom then I will post the info. I dunno I could be wrong as well, for the 3rd time ever.
Quote:
Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't been studying the draft all that long, but it's not unheard of for right tackles to be picked up in the top 15. I think it's a little more common for guys who were drafted to be left tackles to get moved over to the right side when they fail.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote