Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not exactly a sexy signing but one that will fit the system. Who knows, he could even be an upgrade over Edwards. Kinda hoping it gets done for at least depth purposes.

Plus, he punched Brady Quinn! So he's a-ok in my book.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about the TJ pick up the more I like it.

I know alot of people are just seeing him as a spell back but I really think he is going to get the ball more then some people think.

Now don't get me wrong JC is the starter but I could see it being a 60-40 split on carries.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope not. I see TJ as more of a year rental. I don't think he'll see the second year of that contract, especially if we draft another back, which I fully expect us to do.

Jamaal needs someone to get 5-10 carries a game and give him a breather, and to have some sort of solid backup in case he gets banged up. I think 60-40 would be a mistake.

I'm not saying Jamaal is another Chris Johnson, but he could have that kind of impact for this team. I'd hate to take that away from this offense.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ was 3rd in the NFL in rushing last year he is going to be more then a spell back, the Chiefs are not making the playoffs this year no reason to over work JC.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
TJ was 3rd in the NFL in rushing last year he is going to be more then a spell back, the Chiefs are not making the playoffs this year no reason to over work JC.
Yeah he was 3rd behind the best offensive line in the NFL. You don't pay a guy 2.5 million a year to get 40% of the carries, you pay him that much to spell your main guy.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think if that is all they wanted then they would have went the cheaper route with Justin Fargas.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize this is 3rd hand but, according to ArrowheadPride.com:

Free agent NT Shaun Smith has announced to his Twitter followers that he's the newest member of the Kansas City Chiefs.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Splat. I don't care if the ratio is 60-40, but I see TJ having a bigger role in the offense than some people think. I see Charles getting 1200 yds and TJ getting 800 yds or alittle more. I think TJ will take more carries to get that 800 yds because he will be used in short yardgae and goalline situations. Plus, he doesn't have the break away skills of Charles.
If Charles breaks a 20+ yd run late in a game this season, they can spell him with TJ. Whereas last season Charles stayed in the game until his shoulder said "NO MORE!" It will be good for both of them. The NFL is quickly turning into a 2 back league and now we have our 2 guys.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

TJ is only a stopgap one year (MAYBE two) player. I don't see him here after this next season unless something drastic happens.

If I had to pick a percentage, I'd say it'll be 75/25 for Charles.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
TJ is only a stopgap one year (MAYBE two) player. I don't see him here after this next season unless something drastic happens.

If I had to pick a percentage, I'd say it'll be 75/25 for Charles.
I don't see what being a stop gap has to do with his playing time?

I look at this pick up as saving wear and tear on JC for when the team has a shot at the playoffs they don't want to run him in to the ground like they did LJ.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
I realize this is 3rd hand but, according to ArrowheadPride.com:

Free agent NT Shaun Smith has announced to his Twitter followers that he's the newest member of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Sounds good, he's got some size and familiarity with Crennel, and enough production that you think he'd be good competition for Edwards. His greatest production came playing for Crennel, so maybe he can break out again. Chambers, Jones and Smith, that's a decent enough little spree so far.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Adding Lilja would make me a happy camper until the draft.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Adding Lilja would make me a happy camper until the draft.
They would not hear one more negative word out of me till the draft. :)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I haven't read anywhere that he's even visiting teams, but he must be.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Maybe they know something we don't?

He is not a great player but solid from what I have seen would be an upgrade.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah he isn't great by any means but when you compare him to some of our OL/depth, he'd be a significant upgrade.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would not mind going after Kevin Mawae, I know he is old but dude can still play and is a great locker room guy who better to teach a rookie center the ropes?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ya I'd take him too. He's still got a year or two left and would help us solidify that line until some younger guys (who we hopefully draft..) develop.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Wade Smith and Andy Alleman have signed elsewhere. Our interior OL is looking worse, if that were even possible.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think they are planning on taking a hand full OL in the draft atleast three.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I sure hope so. They were both terrible but at least they were bodies.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I sure hope so. They were both terrible but at least they were bodies.
Alleman, no loss there tbh. Wade was decent for his role (able to fill plenty of spots on the line in a bind, master of none), but that was an awful signing by the Texans. They gave 6.5 mil guaranteed to a reserve lol

Yeah, the Chiefs better be drafting some O-Line and hittin the UDFA waivers hard.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would not mind going after Kevin Mawae, I know he is old but dude can still play and is a great locker room guy who better to teach a rookie center the ropes?
Would the Chiefs have tendered Niswanger if they wanted to go get Mawae? Kept Niswanger around for depth at Cand G?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-with-chiefs/

Huh. Okay..

Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Training camp body. Nice to see Pioli burning the midnight oil though.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote