Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaither could be available for less than first round pick

It sounds like they would take a high second for him, I would think long and hard about doing this if I was the Chiefs.

It would free them up to do what ever they want in the first and with their or second round pick.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Gaither, he went into the supplemental draft right? Dude didn't give up a sack in his freshman or sophmore year(something crazy like that). He also played both right and left tackle. That'd be even better if they took ATL's pick.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I can't understand why the Raven's would let him go for less than a 1st. If there is not an issue with him off the field or with an injury it would be a move I would make in a heartbeat. He's more proven than any of the tackles at 5 and would immediatley upgrade our offense. I'm anxious to see if anything develops.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I can't understand why the Raven's would let him go for less than a 1st. If there is not an issue with him off the field or with an injury it would be a move I would make in a heartbeat. He's more proven than any of the tackles at 5 and would immediatley upgrade our offense. I'm anxious to see if anything develops.
Gaither is a good player, I would be wary about why the Ravens would be willing to part with him so easily. Newsome is a shrewd dude, if he sees a problem and is trying to sell high the Chiefs need to figure out what the deal is.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree with that.. something is fishy here. I get that they just drafted Oher, and believe that he could be the guy on the left side for a long time, but you need two tackles.

I wouldn't touch him at this point just for that reason. What's the old saying? If it looks too good to be true it probably is.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you know they don't just want more draft picks? They did give up a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
How do you know they don't just want more draft picks? They did give up a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin.
This is the answer to me. They don't want to pay the money for a contract extention to Gaither because they have Oher standing by ready to take over LT. So, they have him for one more year and need to get max value for him. Think about their defense. Their window of being a good defense and good offense together is very quickly closing. Ozzie is a shrewd business man and he knows how long this current defense will last. He needs premium draft picks to replace the older players or add to the older player for the last couple of runs they are trying to make.

If Gaither is available for the 2a, then the Chiefs should do it. He is more proven than anyone in the draft and can play LT or RT. I don't know that the 2b would be high enough for the Ravens. It sounds like they want one of the CBs that will fall out of round 1. To me, it's a win win deal. Everyone goes home happy (as long as the Chiefs get him signed long term). It will make it easier to trade down in round 1 if we don't feel like we have to take a Okung or Bulaga, if they are avialable.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
This is the answer to me. They don't want to pay the money for a contract extention to Gaither because they have Oher standing by ready to take over LT. So, they have him for one more year and need to get max value for him. Think about their defense. Their window of being a good defense and good offense together is very quickly closing. Ozzie is a shrewd business man and he knows how long this current defense will last. He needs premium draft picks to replace the older players or add to the older player for the last couple of runs they are trying to make.

If Gaither is available for the 2a, then the Chiefs should do it. He is more proven than anyone in the draft and can play LT or RT. I don't know that the 2b would be high enough for the Ravens. It sounds like they want one of the CBs that will fall out of round 1. To me, it's a win win deal. Everyone goes home happy (as long as the Chiefs get him signed long term). It will make it easier to trade down in round 1 if we don't feel like we have to take a Okung or Bulaga, if they are avialable.
I don't know, the Ravens have just about all the pieces ready for a Super Bowl run, I think they'd be stupid to move Gaither right now.

However, if they are just looking for more picks than I absolutely would be ok with giving up 2a for him and moving Albert to right tackle.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Gaither only has one year left on his deal and I do not think B-More plans on locking him up long term, they can get something for him now or nothing later.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Pre season games.

Game #1 at Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome KCTV5

Game #2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium KCTV5

GAME #3 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5

GAME #4 GREEN BAY PACKERS ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5
Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=villagewarrior;2096257]I don't know, the Ravens have just about all the pieces ready for a Super Bowl run, I think they'd be stupid to move Gaither right now.QUOTE]

Gaither was injured in the beginning of the season and they moved Oher to LT and Yanda stepped in at RT and did very well. If they can get a premium pick for a player that don't need and most likely won't re-sign to a big $$$ contract, then they will ship him off. Adding more young pieces to the defense is more important than having 2 players that can play LT.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Pre season games.

Game #1 at Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome KCTV5

Game #2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium KCTV5

GAME #3 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5

GAME #4 GREEN BAY PACKERS ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5
Ah Yes, Game #2, The Bay Of Pigs 2010 style!

Preseason games are so overrated (if that's possible). I always give the tickets away. Not that long ago, people wanted them and thanked me. Now, I have a hard time giving them away. No one wants to pay $7.50 for beer, $4.50 for hotdog, $5.50 for Coke and not to mention the price of parking for a game that even the players don't care about.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:

Preseason games are so overrated (if that's possible). I always give the tickets away. Not that long ago, people wanted them and thanked me. Now, I have a hard time giving them away. No one wants to pay $7.50 for beer, $4.50 for hotdog, $5.50 for Coke and not to mention the price of parking for a game that even the players don't care about.
You can send them to me I will take them. :)

Q & A with Flower Power.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...3-6e89dd0d59a9
Old 03-31-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I will be at every homegame this year (including pre-season.. yay season tickets for Christmas present!) so you should let me buy you a beer. :)

Old 03-31-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it bad if I root for Bulaga to KC ?

:D

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Dawg! View Post

Is it bad if we take turns kicking you in the nuts.

:)
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

Yes it is! Bad Woot!

Quote:
Is it bad if we take turns kicking you in the nuts.

:)
No it isn't! Good Splat!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I like Bulaga, but not at number 5! So, unless the Chiefs can trade down, it's bad.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flowers is amazing
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I'm as big a fan of offensive linemen as you'll find. I played it, I'm trying to coach it, I love watching it, the trenches are just awesome. All things being equal I would always prefer taking a good offensive lineman over any other position.

However, things are not equal. The Chiefs have two capable tackles. They won't set your hair on fire, but they can get the job done at a minimum. On the flip side, the Chiefs seemingly have no one on defense capable of stepping up and stopping the run. Rolando McClain and Eric Berry have both shown they can play big time football in the SEC, that combined with need should mean the Chiefs will take one of the two, probably Berry.

However part two, I am fully expecting the Chiefs to do something stupid like take Bulaga at 5, or worse, take Dan Williams at 5.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm really excited about this draft but I'm also equally worried, for the reasons you named. At the end of the day, no matter who we draft will start, so I guess it's not all bad. It could just be so much better than bad.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm a little more optimistic about Pioli and company doing the right thing and the right thing is not drafting an OT in the first round. It seems to me the assumption that he'll take an OT is based on a mis-read of the Chiefs offense. They simply aren't as bad as they looked early in the season (when they were struggling with a new QB, a new play book and an ineffective RB). Sure the 45 sacks look terrible but 37 occurred in the first 10 games. 8 sacks in the last 6 games isn't bad at all.

Unfortunately, the defense is that bad and there's no hope of some of these guys getting better. If I can figure that out, I'm pretty sure Scott Pioli can too. ;)
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Flowers is amazing
Yes he is dreamy.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I'm optomistic that Pioli makes the right pick. I'm worried that I won't like the pick. Those 2 things don't always have to be the same player in order for them to both be correct.

The Defense is that bad. What about this scenario. Let's say that McClain slips alittle bit. It wouldn't be the first time a ILB has tumbled a bit as teams bypass on an ILB for positional value. Both of our 2nd round picks should get us back into the 1st round somewhere as early as #17 (SF). Draft Berry at #5, trade both 2nds for #18 (Pit) draft McClain, then use our 3rd on Torrell Troup, Cam Thomas or whichever NT we like the most.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I love McClain but I would rather keep the two seconds then move back in to the first this draft is to deep and we have to many holes.