Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-01-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I will maintain until the draft that an OLineman will help our defense more than any player in this draft. We can't continue to make 27% of our third downs and expect our defense to be any good no matter what players we have. If we can find a way to control the ball better this year I belive our D will benefit greatly.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get Okung at #5 I'm fine with that, with that said I don't think there is another OT worth that pick.

Last edited by Splat : 04-01-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we let no names like Jerome Harrison rack up 280 yards on us we won't win games either. Stopping the run in this league is paramount. We are going absolutely nowhere until we can do that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I will maintain until the draft that an OLineman will help our defense more than any player in this draft. We can't continue to make 27% of our third downs and expect our defense to be any good no matter what players we have. If we can find a way to control the ball better this year I belive our D will benefit greatly.
I will maintain that drafting defense will help our offense more than drafting an o-lineman because they will be able to stop the opposing offense, and put them in a better field position giving them a better chance to put points up on the board.

Im not being totally for real even though I would want us to draft defense i'm just saying that argument goes both ways.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If we can get Okung at #5 I'm fine with that, with that said I don't think there is another OT worth that pick.
LOL!!! I have only been on this site since mid/late February of this year, but how many times have you had to type that exact sentence? I know I've seen it 5 or more times.

edit: 5 or more times reminds me of a good STP song

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 04-01-2010 at 03:54 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a million and one ways to skin a cat. The number 1 ingerdient to any Super Bowl winning team is talent. It isn't just offense. It isn't just defense. It isn't just QB or any other position. It's a cumulative effort from all 53 men on the roster. From the highly paid QB all the way down to the LS or the Gunner on Special Teams. You need talent everywhere and you need the talent to come together as one unit.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having good defensive players is the best way to help the defense. The majority of off-season moves thus far have been offensive. I'm confident Pioli will draft a defensive player, but I'm terrified it will be the wrong one.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, who would you consider the wrong one?

Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Dan Williams, JPP, Derrick Morgan?

Pioli seems to appreciate those hard working quality guys moreso than potential, so I think Morgan and JPP could be out of the picture. Williams I could see though, and wouldn't like it, but NT is a need.

The more I think about it the more I think the pick could realistically be McClain. Hard worker, smart, leader on the field, would be the impact player that could help turn our defense around.

Either way I think it'll be McClain or Berry if we don't trade back and I wouldn't be mad if either were picked.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The case for Eric Berry (or somone who can play safety):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7znd775WI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbMvOKmoQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE68BPRHvcc&feature=PlayList&p=A20E4978203 0FDAE&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XnE9...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLexGZ6oRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-jxjaq8afM

Well, you get the idea.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 04-01-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: to fix typo
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, because I'm not, but Clancy Pendergast could not call a game defensively if his life depended on it. He was just awful.

Our safety play was beyond abysmal, but I guess I like Page/Morgan more than most.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

That's my whole point you can make a case for a hand full of positions.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't know who disagreed with you on that, lol.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
At this point, who would you consider the wrong one?

Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Dan Williams, JPP, Derrick Morgan?

Pioli seems to appreciate those hard working quality guys moreso than potential, so I think Morgan and JPP could be out of the picture. Williams I could see though, and wouldn't like it, but NT is a need.

The more I think about it the more I think the pick could realistically be McClain. Hard worker, smart, leader on the field, would be the impact player that could help turn our defense around.

Either way I think it'll be McClain or Berry if we don't trade back and I wouldn't be mad if either were picked.
Berry and McClain, Morgan to a lesser extent, are my right choices.. I don't know if Morgan can play outside linebacker in the 3-4 which is why I'm not as high on him, but the kid can play and if the Chiefs still ran a 4-3 I'd have him as my 3rd choice.

Williams has skyrocketed in value in the post-season circuit which frightens me. He didn't play as well as he is testing, in my opinion. And JPPs lack of experience and production are frightening. He probably shouldn't be picked top 20. Those are a couple of my wrong choices.

Last edited by villagewarrior : 04-01-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Look who's getting up along with Cassel. Mike Goff. A guard. I understand the point, but poor picture choice. Also, isn't that from the pre-season where Cassel got hurt? Which was on a scramble?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's my whole point you can make a case for a hand full of positions.
THat's certainly true and I'm only focusing on the safety play because it was particularly bad. The safeties are normally responsible for deep cover and time after time they gave up big plays. Watching the film it reminded me of Hank Stram's politically incorrect quote from SuperBowl IV, "Look at Kassulke, it looks like he's in a Chinese fire drill." The Chiefs gave up 16 plays of over 40 yards. Only the Lions and Dolphins gave up more (17 each) and they didn't have the advantage of playing the Raiders (and JaMarcus Russell) twice.

Considering how the defense was shredded by the likes of Correll Buckhalter (12 car, 113 yds) and, of course, Jerome Harrison (34 car, 286 yds, 3 tds), you can make a pretty good case for NT and ILB but can someone explain why we should use our 1st round pick to draft an offensive lineman when the defense is this bad.

True enough, the departure of Clancy Pendergast is a plus as is the arrival of Romeo Crennel, but Romeo can't cover and he can't tackle.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 04-01-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: to correct another type
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think the pick should be OT. I think OT would be a waste of great positioning to take our defensive leader for the next decade. I can see why some would think it's #1 on our list of needs, but it isn't.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Here's what I'm hoping for draft weekend:

1. Eric Berry S
2a. Damian Williams WR
2b. Jason Worilds LB
3. Torell Troup NT
4. Shaun Lauvao OL
5a. A.J. Edds LB
5b. Lonyae Miller RB
5c. O'Brien Schofield LB

If the Chiefs don't take a tackle in the first it might be difficult to find value later on. I think the rest of the picks with the exception of Schofield could contribute immediately.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I really like Jason Worilds. He is my 2nd favorite pass rusher (behind my man crush Jerry Hughes aka Derrick Thomas 2.0! I have high hopes.) in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
If the Chiefs don't take a tackle in the first it might be difficult to find value later on.
Are you referring to the value of OTs after round 1?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I think it's funny that 99% of the Chiefs fans on here are talking about Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, and all of the other elite defensive players they like, and yet we all know in our hearts Pioli is not going to pass on a LT @ #5.

This thread is going to be so funny to read after Apr 22.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

We have the best football city!! The fans are ravenous for their Chiefs! I drove to Indy for our last playoff game. I was great to see 10,000+ Chiefs fans there. I had to sit behind a damn column (I literally had to run from one side of the column to the next on KOs and certain plays just to see the field) in the crap hole RCA dome, but it was awesome to hear the Home of the Chiefs in another team stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQe5rFcIHos
5 years to the day after 9/11. I cry and get goose bumps every time I see this video. Turn up the volume so you can hear. Parents beware there is an F bomb at the very very end. Sorry, I can't edit it.

Can't wait until the stadium is just as full and loud as it every was.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I think it's funny that 99% of the Chiefs fans on here are talking about Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, and all of the other elite defensive players they like, and yet we all know in our hearts Pioli is not going to pass on a LT @ #5.

Just as funny as it was last year when we drafted Tyson Jackson. Last time I checked these forums were about our own individual opinion. Almost all of us want something different than the next guy. That's what makes these fun. You can see what other fans want.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Tyso Jackson and his 30 mil guaranteed larfs at you. Get out of this thread if you are going to make moronic pointy finger type posts like this.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

Don't come back posting stuff like this.