Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I would give up one of our 5ths for Ted Ginn. With the acquisition of Brandon Marshall today they'll be looking harder than ever to deal him.

I don't quite agree about his slot duties, but he is definitely a keeper at kr/pr. Maybe working with Weis could help him improve as an actual receiver, but I'm not holding my breath.
Just looking back at history guys, but Dante Hall made us thee most dangerous special teams unit in the league. Ted Ginn is a younger version of Hall. He's definately worth a gamble with a fifth round pick. That's just on returning alone. You keep JC off the field is yet another added bonus and we fill a need with a pick that has a low chance of frutrtion.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the very least, he could be KC's David Patten... Worth a 5th (what his college teammate was dealt for)...easily. I'd dangle a 4th if the Dolphins threw in a 6th.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Shipley a guy that can be are KR/PR and would be great in the slot with his sure hands.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would rather have Shipley a guy that can be are KR/PR and would be great in the slot with his sure hands.
Shipley is unproven in the NFL as a return man, I'd rather spend a 5th an get the proven commodity in Ted Ginn, who I heard was just 25 years old so the Chiefs would have an opportunity to control him for a long time.

Also, if the Chiefs are to draft a wide receiver, I'd rather use a 2 and pick up Damian Williams. I am very high on that cat.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Shipley is unproven in the NFL as a return man, I'd rather spend a 5th an get the proven commodity in Ted Ginn, who I heard was just 25 years old so the Chiefs would have an opportunity to control him for a long time.

Also, if the Chiefs are to draft a wide receiver, I'd rather use a 2 and pick up Damian Williams. I am very high on that cat.
Ginn is only 8 months older than Shipley. I'll take Ginn over a 25 year old rookie.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have any of you seen Ginn play? And I'm not talking on Madden.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have any of you seen Ginn play? And I'm not talking on Madden.
I know what your saying, but you can't tell me getting out of Miami wouldn't take a huge burden off of him? He will never succeed there and that is apparent. With the pressure of being in Miami off his shoulders, who knows what he could be capable of.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. For a 5th round pick, his cost/risk value is very good. And you can't argue his returning skills. They are proven in the NFL and that alone could be worth a 5th for a kid that's only 25.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn averages 23 yards per kick return and has over 3000 yards on returns in his 3 years. We're talking about a fifth of the field knocked out by 1 play which undoubtedly would improve the offense's starting field position. He has shown the ability to return punts as well, just wasn't asked to do much in Miami. I would give up a 5th round pick for that track record as a return man and any offensive production is gravy.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Agree with what was stated above. I also think you have to have realistic expectations of him. He was never going to be a 100 reception and 1,200 yard guy like you would expect out of a top 10 pick. That was a fault of Miami for drafting him so high. If you are talking about a guy who might get you 600 yards with a couple of big plays and maybe open the field for other recievers then I think you have to take a shot. You may get that in the 5th round, but this seems a lot less risky.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think what killed the Chiefs was not having a sure handed slot WR, That is why I would prefer a player like Shipley who would not only help on SPT but would be a threat in the passing game.

I look for Bowe to improve and I love that CC is back but they don't have any one that can man the slot.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn, on the Chiefs, would be PRIMARILY a special teams guy with the ability to stretch the field. No one is saying that we couldn't go out and also get Shipley, or another WR.. quite the opposite. Ginn would be thrown into 4 receiver sets and create mismatches as well as being a dynamic return man.

If they'd take a 5th I see no reason we shouldn't do it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

He was the 9th pick in the draft I don't see the Chiefs taking on that deal for a guy that would only be their 4th WR.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
He was the 9th pick in the draft I don't see the Chiefs taking on that deal for a guy that would only be their 4th WR.

Most years I would agree, but we are not capped and he is in the back end of a front loaded deal. We have been 30 million under the cap the last few seasons. Money should be the last issue that should be considered on Ginn.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

How about he can't catch? :)

Sorry guys I just can't be in favor of this move if it happens I will support him and the Chiefs but I wouldn't do it.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a very low risk situation.

Like I said, he wouldn't be the slot guy, he'd be the KR/PR guy and possibly 4th receiver. Some end arounds, quick screens, but not a main part of the offense.

It's a no lose situation. If the opportunity presented itself, I think we'd have to do it.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I see T-Rich49 has been gone again...

I'm starting to think he is secret agent like Chuck.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You should really watch that show! I'll send you the first two seasons on DVD!

If you like Psych, which you obviously do, you'll love Chuck. :D

Old 04-15-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I have watched Chuck before I just never sat down and watched a full season, what I have seen I have really liked.

I think during the first season there was another show I was all ready in to in that same time slot?

I tune in sometimes but I don't really like watching a show unless I have seen in from the start.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The first season was cut short but it was really good.

Do yourself a favor!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we keep this Chiefs oriented please?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Can we keep this Chiefs oriented please?
I wonder if any Chiefs players are fans of Chuck?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Probably all of them!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

I have it on good authority that Dustin Colquitt watches Chuck.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's his favorite show by far!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How about he can't catch? :)

Sorry guys I just can't be in favor of this move if it happens I will support him and the Chiefs but I wouldn't do it.
He can be David Patten for the Chiefs...maybe even Steve Breaston... And that's a role they really lack. It's not a big investment for, at worst, a quality return specialist who can catch 30-40 balls out of the second slot.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PattDa00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GinnTe00.htm