Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Less pressure on the QB (from screens, Charles running, and improved talent along the OL), more and better options for the QB (whole year of Chambers, Bowe not being a *****, McCluster out of the slot or backfield, ditto for Charles), and a better power runner (Jones).
I hope your right, but when teams stacked the box last year in short yardage situation we seemed to move backwards on line nearly all the time. We will have more options than in the past and hopefully that helps, but I'm still skeptical at this point.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Woah, what is your son doing in the clubs? Moreso, where are these clubs in KC that are letting kids in? This is a serious problem!

:D
LOL, yea letting a 10 month old in a club might fall on the parents responsibility :)
Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
There's an article on ArrowheadPride quoting Herm Edwards as saying Dorsey can play nose tackle.

"He can do that," former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said of Dorsey playing nose tackle. "There's no question. Yeah, he can do that. He can hold up on the double team. There's no doubt."

Well, I guess that makes it official (if it wasn't already), this is a bad idea.
Just to remind everyone, I thought Herm edwards would bring a defense to our fair team, and I was wrong. But I don't want to change my name since I actually got stats :) If Haley does the opposite of what Herm suggests(outside of drafting Cornerbacks), we'll be holding lombardi's on a regular basis.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I hope your right, but when teams stacked the box last year in short yardage situation we seemed to move backwards on line nearly all the time. We will have more options than in the past and hopefully that helps, but I'm still skeptical at this point.
I saw a few games on the NFL network and I can see why you'd be skeptical. You could argue that with a ZBS, our o lineman are still going to get blown off the ball due to their size. Then again, Rudy Niswanger isn't starting either.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
KC.grown
Rookie

KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.

as a parent myself I don't agree with athletes being viewed as roll models...personally. What they do on the field or court has nothing to do with them as a person. An I don't condone rediculous behavior by athletes either but they are human like me and I haven't or won't slap a chick but I have made mistakes in life. Who am I to judge anyone. Character guys is a bunch of BS. Get leadership in the locker room how can an professional player say hey what T.O. Said last week just made me not want to earn my check this week I know it happens tho.
KC.grown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC.grown View Post
Character guys is a bunch of BS.
I could not disagree more.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Character guys is a bunch of BS.
I'm with Splat. I remember The Chiefs locker room in the mid/late 90's early 00's. It was not a place conducive to winning. They had to many "bad guys" that ruined it for everyone. You know the saying one bad apple can ruin a bushel. It definitely holds true. If we have a bunch of talent on this team, but have a few bad character guys and the team doesn't win, it will become a volatile situation.

Winning cures everything, but I don't want the very young core group of players on the Chiefs to have to put up with bad character players. This team is still young and can be molded in a few different ways. To me, it seems like Pioli is going about it the right way.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason they haven't gone after a lot of very talented players with some question marks is because they're still building their lockerroom. Once they have a core group of smart players with good work ethic, and there's a strong team-first mentality in the lockerroom with great leadership we'll see them try to bring some questionable guys into the fold.

Right now, having both Derrick Johnson and Dwayne Bowe is pushing it a little bit. Hopefully those two will come around to the "Patriot Way" and become strong leaders and advocates of the team.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now, having both Derrick Johnson and Dwayne Bowe is pushing it a little bit. Hopefully those two will come around to the "Patriot Way" and become strong leaders and advocates of the team.
What has DJ done?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
as a parent myself I don't agree with athletes being viewed as roll models...personally. What they do on the field or court has nothing to do with them as a person. An I don't condone rediculous behavior by athletes either but they are human like me and I haven't or won't slap a chick but I have made mistakes in life. Who am I to judge anyone. Character guys is a bunch of BS. Get leadership in the locker room how can an professional player say hey what T.O. Said last week just made me not want to earn my check this week I know it happens tho.
What?

Of course what they do on the field has something to do with them as people. That is their chosen profession, it is what they do. And part of that is accepting the reality that emotionally immature people look up to athletes and celebrities and want to emulate them. That is an absolute fact.

And there is a football team related aspect to wanting to fill your locker room with solid citizens. Say you have a guy who goes to clubs and has sex with chicks in bathrooms. Said chick now says, look at this, I just got nailed by Famous Star Guy in a club bathroom, that sounds pretty shady. I can go call the police and accuse him of raping me. It doesn't matter whether Famous Star Guy actually did it or not, the fact that he put himself in that predicament not only jeopardized his career but his teams success as well. No logical, thinking individual would seriously say that character doesn't matter. Because it does.

As a side note, I still think Herm is a decent coach. I think he ran into the perfect storm here in Kansas City, with a GM who had stayed way past his welcome and had sold out the team to try to win one Super Bowl that depleted the talent on the team. But he won enough games and went to the playoffs enough that to discount any of his ideas is foolish.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Any news on Henderson?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Say you have a guy who goes to clubs and has sex with chicks in bathrooms. Said chick now says, look at this, I just got nailed by Famous Star Guy in a club bathroom, that sounds pretty shady. I can go call the police and accuse him of raping me. It doesn't matter whether Famous Star Guy actually did it or not, the fact that he put himself in that predicament not only jeopardized his career but his teams success as well.
That's a pretty cool analogy. You should be a fiction writer. There is no way a player would put themselves in that kind of situation.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

KC Star and Adam Teicher confirm that Henderson's visit to KC today has been canceled. I'll bet money he heard he would be playing NT here and told his agent to change plans. Now the Chiefs are denying he has a visit scheduled to save face because they wanted him for NT not DE.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just saw that pretty weak.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
What has DJ done?
Until late in the season, he was a bit of a malcontent. He seems to be coming around, though...and that's probably why he's still got a spot on the roster. When you complain about playing time, that's an unwanted distraction and something they don't want in KC. The players have to trust the coaches and do what they're told. DJ had a lot to say about the amount of playing time he was given. Whether he's right or wrong, he's wrong.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Until late in the season, he was a bit of a malcontent. He seems to be coming around, though...and that's probably why he's still got a spot on the roster.
He was just upset that he wasn't starting and he had good reason to be.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
That's a pretty cool analogy. You should be a fiction writer. There is no way a player would put themselves in that kind of situation.
Yeah, I don't see that happening in a million years.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He was just upset that he wasn't starting and he had good reason to be.

and to futher that I heard he really didn't complain much and was pretty passive about the whole deal. I believe Haley was upset that he didn't seem to care the he wasn't starting. I imagine this year will be make or break for him as he now will know the expectations going into camp.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
KC.grown
Rookie

A persons profession has absolutely nothing to do with them on a personal level. Look at tiger Jordan had gambling problems then look at Madoff. in my opinionthere is nothing wrong with loving the way someone plays a game but to say I want to be like you not having a clue about their personality is kindab weird to me. Let's Go Chiefs....

Any pro bowl predictions?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles and Brandon Flowers (finally).

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

What a person does off the field can effect the team on the field in a big way see Big Ben.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
KC.grown
Rookie

Big ben affects the team by being suspended if he was able. To play I not sure how much... I agree with the flowers pick I don't know how many touches Charles will lose. Berry I sure hope so.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Colquitt's year. Finally Colquitt won't be the best player on the team, and maybe he'll finally get to go the Pro Bowl.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

So I've been reading about Jon Asamoah - love the pick, great value. Pioli mentioned he could also play center. Also talked about puting the 5 best offensive linemen out there, so I don't know if I'd be surprised if the Chiefs eventually ran out a line of Albert-Waters-Asamoah-Lilja-O'Callaghan at some point in time this year.

On a side note, I really hope Barry Richardson and/or Colin Brown step up and push O'Callaghan for playing time. The only way the Chiefs line keeps getting better at this point is for improvement from within and competition.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I look for O'Callaghan to improve he joined the team after the season had all ready started last year and played well, now he will have full TC and pre season with the team.