Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...a-7aad02c68d43

The Jamalzzz Q&A.

Watch him when they ask about D-Bo, I have a feeling he is not well liked right now.

All he says is no comment but you can hear him sigh and you can just tell.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, there was alittle something in his voice and body language that said Bowe isn't a favorite in the locker room right now.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think people are blowing this Bowe situation out of proportion. It was a dumb thing to say for sure but I don't see him as a locker room "cancer" or as a guy that can't be "part of the team" in the future, I just don't.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donald Washington has been working at safety just FYI.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never called Bowe a locker room cancer. Bowe isn't anything close to a cancer. That is left for players that cause real grief within the team. I do believe that his teammates still on the team from '07 have a serious issue with what he said, true or untrue. However, I don't believe it is beyond fixing. In the big scheme of life, this is a relatively small speedbump. His teammates that weren't on the '07 team seem to look at it from a "Why the hell would you say anything like that to the media?" perspective. Talking to his teammates and letting them know that he is sorry and nothing like this will happen agian will go along way to fixing the problem.

I do believe that Bowe isn't "one of the right 53" and I don't believe, at this point in time, Pioli could justify signing him to a long term deal. Bowe has not shown enough consistancy on the field to look over his large mouth. Look at the players brought in in FA and the draft picks. Does Bowe seem like a player that Pioli would have drafted? IMO, No. He just doesn't fit into what Pioli and Haley are working towards.

Then, factor in the the top notch WRs coming out in the next draft and it looks like Bowe could be a RFA after this season.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on how well Bowe performs on the field this year. Is he ever going to be a true #1? Maybe, maybe not, but I could see him being locked up to a long term deal after this season if he proves he isn't just a big mouth.

If we have a top pick, which we might, I could see us snagging AJ Green or someone like that as a true #1 and have Bowe be our #2.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, Bowe isn't a cancer, but he is an idiot. And I agree with the assessment that Bowe isn't part of the right 53. This is certainly a very very good WR class assuming the underclassmen come out (and if they actually have a draft), so Bowe really needs to put some things together if he wants to be a long term guy with the Chiefs.

Of course, if he does put things together the Chiefs will probably look away from a receiver round 1, so we'll see. He's got a ton of talent, just needs to focus.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs put a lot of stock in Bowe by not trading him this off-season. I really felt he was a guy that needed to go for this team to really start moving toward the "Patriot Way". I like him, though...I hope he fixes his ****.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/23668264/index.html

Secure lotion and tissues before clicking

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe is the furthest thing from a cancer....BUT he does need to learn how to think before you speak...and catching more then you drop would help too
Old 05-30-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hokay, here's my KC draft so far! Input/criticism/praise is welcomed!

I'm really happy with it so far! I think I'll add another ILB as well as a QB or a FB (no FB has been taken yet, so I may be able to get the top guy). Any suggestions on which positions I should target next?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-30-2010 at 06:41 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

It looks ok. I don't know if Powe will fit into Pioli's clubhouse philosiphy given all of the trouble he had as a youngster. Floyd looks like a future stud reciever. I would like to have seen the OLine addressed earlier, but it's hard to tell at this point what all of the needs will be.

On a seperate note, if Aldon Smith goes into the draft after this season I don't think it will be for anything less than a 2nd round pick. He has three years of eligibility left and has the makings of a premier pass rusher.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
It looks ok. I don't know if Powe will fit into Pioli's clubhouse philosiphy given all of the trouble he had as a youngster. Floyd looks like a future stud reciever. I would like to have seen the OLine addressed earlier, but it's hard to tell at this point what all of the needs will be.

On a seperate note, if Aldon Smith goes into the draft after this season I don't think it will be for anything less than a 2nd round pick. He has three years of eligibility left and has the makings of a premier pass rusher.
Powe was just too good of value and need to pass on.

OL is tricky this early in the process, but I wasn't gonna pick one early unless it was a LT. I think Albert is fine at this point, and I LOVE the Asamoah pick for ya'll. Add in Sherrod at RT and a capable Ryan Lilja at RG, and I think ya'lls OL improves a bit. I may pick up a C/G prospect if the value is there since Weigmann is the weaklink.

Tons of guys dropped in this thing because every player who is elligible to declare after this season was available to be picked, so Aldon dropping isn't shocking, especially since he's a RS sophomore.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I love the first three picks. Floyd/Powe/GAlippo are future starters for this club, but I would have liked to see a Center somewhere after that. Center is going to be a big big issue for us next year with Wiegmann retiring and Niswanger definitely not being the answer, but it's hard not to love what you've done.

Solid A from me!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the Centers outside of the top guys. I took one for Indy, who I'm also controlling, but he's probably more of a Guard. The guys like O'Dowd, Wisniewski, etc. were all gone before the 4th RD pick.

I'll see what I can do though! Thanks for the input guys! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care for the #9 pick. Use a double digit.

Other wise, it is 6 months too early to be picking 2011 picks.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I dont care for the #9 pick. Use a double digit.

Other wise, it is 6 months too early to be picking 2011 picks.

J
Huh? 10characters

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Huh? 10characters
I think he's just hoping that we pick alot later than #9. Not that your draft is bad. I like it. If we are picking #9, Cassel better have shown ALOT of promise otherwise I think QB should be our #1 priority.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I think he's just hoping that we pick alot later than #9. Not that your draft is bad. I like it. If we are picking #9, Cassel better have shown ALOT of promise otherwise I think QB should be our #1 priority.
I didn't choose the draft order, so that was out of my control.

No QB's were available, as Locker, Luck, and Mallett were all taken before #9, and I wasn't gonna reach for Ponder or Johnson. Then by the time my 2nd RD pick came up, Ponder and Johnson had been taken. At that point, my objective became to solidify the entire team and have a solid foundation for the QB, whether it's Cassel for another year or a rookie QB from the 2012 Draft.

Here's the selection thread if ya'll wanna see the context of the picks: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41298

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I love the first three picks. Floyd/Powe/GAlippo are future starters for this club, but I would have liked to see a Center somewhere after that. Center is going to be a big big issue for us next year with Wiegmann retiring and Niswanger definitely not being the answer, but it's hard not to love what you've done.

Solid A from me!
This. I would be ecstatic if those were the first three picks and probably skip day 3 altogether.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh? 10characters
Not a lot later, but in the 7-9, 8-8 region.

My real point is that too much changes between now and October for this to have much value. This time last year Jevan Snead was a 1st round pick.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Obviously, no one is disputing that, but we love our mock drafts around here and it is never too early for one. They're all in good fun.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Alrighty, say hello to the 6th and 7th RD picks of your 2011 KC NFL Draft!

Quote:
With the 169th Overall Pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

Colin Baxter, C, Arizona!!!

Baxter is the 3rd ranked Center according to CBSSports's rankings. He's about 6'4, 295 lbs., so he fits the ZBS. I think he was a good get here, and I'm glad not addressing Center sooner didn't come back and bite me in the butt. Anyway, Baxter's got a ton of experience, a lot of talent, and could probably contribute fairly early.

Quote:
With the 201st Overall Pick and the last selection of their 2011 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

B.J. Daniels, QB, South Florida!!!

Ok, this was totally a pet pick by me. I LOVE B.J. Daniels. He reminds me of a mix of Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb. He's not as fast as Vick and doesn't have his arm strength, and he's not as polished of a passer as McNabb, but he's got similar traits to both players. He's got enough talent to change positions, but I planned on keeping him at QB. Worst case scenario is he's a backup QB that would bring an electric element when he had to come in, which I think is a positive, but best case scenario is he utilizes all that talent and becomes a franchise QB.

First thing you notice about Daniels is his running ability, and while it's incredible to see him break a defender's ankles, I very much like his arm and passing ability. Like all college QB's, he'll have to work on his mechanics slightly, but they're not that bad aside from a slightly diagonal throwing motion, which is a concern considering he's 6'1 according to the USF website (Riiiiight, sure he is), and some footwork lapses. But he can get out of the pocket and throw well rolling out, which helps makeup for his lack of height. With a flick of the wrist, he can throw a ball 40 yards while scrambling. He also placed 2nd on South Florida's passing efficiency rating last year. There's not much talent surrounding him at USF, but he makes plays despite that.

There were some unproven QB's available like Dayne Crist and John Brantley, and another super athlete in Colin Kaepernick, but Daniels won out. I'm not confident in Brantley (Florida QB's! Blech!) and Kaepernick was inconsistent, but Crist I liked and there's the Notre Dame/Weis connection which could be beneficial. But in the end, I just had a bigger man crush on Daniels. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 06-04-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I love Daniels as well. Don't know much Baxter but the position is correct for sure.

Overall, solid A still. Great job, all positions of need.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, how's Jamaal Charles doing in workouts and OTAs/mini camps?

I'm so high on him in fantasy this year. How much is Thomas Jone going to be involved in the offense? Is McCluster going to be used more as a WR?

Is Charles going to be the starter day 1?