Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more to go, but only one top 10 pick has signed. Come on Pioli! Get Berry inked!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams need to get Bradford done ASAP he is messing up the top 5, McCoy at #3 has all ready said he is not signing to Bradford does.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard bradford will get signed very soon. I've also heard that about Berry. What sucks is if you miss a lot of training camp, it could hurt your ability to immediately make an impact in the league. I read somewhere that agents and GM's argue over a few hundred dollars. ridiculous
Old 07-29-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I can't imagine Berry will miss much time if any. Pioli will ensure that he is in camp given the important role he will likely play with the defense this year. McClain signing today should help matters I would think.

Also, Cottom was released today apparently because of an injury. It sounds like they will sign him back if he clears waivers but needed to make the move so that he didn't tie up a roster spot in camp. It sounds like even if he does play it won't be until later in the year. It doesn't appear his Chiefs future isn't appearing to birght at this point.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7...urns?ref=yahoo

Quote:
We caught wind of a report on Wednesday evening that the Chiefs had waived tight end Brad Cottam.

After a little research, we found out that the Chiefs had waived/injured him meaning he would hit the waiver wire and, if he went unclaimed, would return to the Chiefs.

And that's exactly what happened as the Chiefs announced Cottam has been placed on reserve/PUP.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it sounds like Cottam's future is pretty bleak eh? I really thought he could have been really good, the heir-apparent to the infamous Gonzo. It would be nice to see him as a blocking tight end and use moeaki as more of a pass catching. That would be a good combo. I hope Cottam gets back to form.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
So it sounds like Cottam's future is pretty bleak eh? I really thought he could have been really good, the heir-apparent to the infamous Gonzo. It would be nice to see him as a blocking tight end and use moeaki as more of a pass catching. That would be a good combo. I hope Cottam gets back to form.
I doesn't sound good. I didn't realize that he a broke his neck last season. I can't believe that either wasn't reported or I missed it. ESPN is saying he's out for the year. Hopefully he heals and comes back, but that doesn't sound real promising.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/19873655288

Quote:
Eric Berry getting closer to a deal.
Via Adam Schefter's twitter.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's too bad about Cottam, I thought he had a lot of potential and just when the Chiefs started utilizing him properly this injury. Hopefully his neck heals with no permanent repercussions and if he is able he can come back and play ball.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read it off Gretz's website. It sounded like Cottam has a cogenital narrowing in his spinal colum. So if he were to have a hyperextension injury it would make him more susceptible to a spinal cord injury, similar to how the Late Great Derrick Thomas died. You can still survive, but you'll most likely have either sensation or motor loss in your extremities.

I believe one of the sharpe broother's retired because he had a similar condition. Like i said before, I wish him the best.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I love that information. I hope he only misses the first practice. We need that rookie on the field.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ERIC BERRY IS SIGNED SEALED AND DELIVERED!!!!

http://twitter.com/berry1429/statuses/19923531126

per his own twitter account and arrowheadpride.com
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just going to post this! Woots!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's go time.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 years $60,000,000 with $34,000,000 guaranteed

Eric is now the highest paid safety in NFL history. He won't miss any training camp. So, he will have plaenty of time to earn it all.

It appears as though he will be able to afford the Camaro he wanted :)
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I love Berry and the deal being done but any rookie being the highest paid player at their position let only ever is a joke.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa
Old 07-31-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Chiefs Rookies

Now that you are all signed I would like to congrulate you for not being dickheads and holding out. Now get to ******* work.

Thanks

BErryFlowers BOE
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

DJ ran with the second team at their first practice...........................
Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ugh. Not this again.

Belcher and DJ with the first team please. Do us a favor Romeo.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the starting D

T jax-Edwards-Dorsey
Hali-DJ-Belcher-Vrabs
Carr-McGraw-Berry-Flowers
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh really nbo

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

The Chiefs will be lining up in 11 and 20 personel groupings for the most part.

X and Z's will be going back and forth with Chambers and Bowe. The Slot will be a mixture of the following: Urban, Dexter and Charles.

2 back sets: T jones and Charles

1 back ; Jones or Charles

people saying the versatility of charles could put him in the slot quite a bit if the Chiefs are in one back sets with some 10 personel sets with Charles and Dex in the slot and Chambers and Bowe on the outside.

some interesting stuff with the O. it wont matter if Cassel doesnt produce and the line doesnt suck
Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ce-the-wildcat

Quote:
The Kansas City Star reported that the Chiefs spent an extensive part of their first training camp practice Saturday working on the Wildcat. Why would new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis use the Wildcat on the first day of camp if he isn’t going to use it?

Several running backs and rookie receiver Dexter McCluster took direct snaps during the session. It will be fun to see Kansas City use the Wildcat this season.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting mccluster, charles, and jones in the backfield at the same time would be a benefit. I doubt they'll use it, though. Probably just putting a package together to practice against. It's an ineffective weapon nowadays.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote