Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-30-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli took the job so late he pretty much had to work with who was here all ready I look for him to bring in "His" guys now.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I think thats a good thing, good move.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the move. I was terrified he would be the new GM when Carl got canned, so I'm glad to see him move on. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere, like Oakland.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's actually pretty good, but just doesn't fit with Pioli.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+W

The Chiefs have hired Falcons scout Phil Emery to be their new director of college scouting, multiple sources tell PFW.

Emery had been in Atlanta's personnel department for the past five years, working as both director of college scouting and a regional scout. Prior to that, he had a six-year stay as an area scout for the Bears and worked as a strength and conditioning coach in the Navy for eight years.

Emery should be familiar with the ways of Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, as he worked under Thomas Dimitroff — Pioli's understudy in New England — for the past 15 months. Emery brings a very thorough, militant scouting approach to his new club

In K.C., Emery replaces Chuck Cook, who was fired earlier this week. Cook had spent the past 25 years with the Chiefs, the last 12 as their director of college scouting, and is a well-liked individual around the league.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs sign center Eric Ghiaciuc
Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F'ing nice signing. Niswanger's a good guy, but he's more of a utility backup to me. I've always been a big fan of Ghiaciuc.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got thrown off the bengals. And from Gretz it sounds like he's had some injury issues.....I bet Niswanger and this guy are almost interchangable.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think that Ghiaciuc, however the heck you pronounce it, is bad and will be an addition to the team.

Guys I just saw on ESPN.com, rumors mentioning Edgerrin James to the Chiefs? Also, Boldin still a chance for the Chiefs.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
He got thrown off the bengals. And from Gretz it sounds like he's had some injury issues.....I bet Niswanger and this guy are almost interchangable.
Because the Bengals have a long history of making the right decision in who to keep and who to let go from their roster...

Ghiaciuc anchored their OL when it was one of the best in the NFL and when the Bengals ran a Top 3 offense. He can handle the big 3-4 NT's the AFC is going to be throwing at the Chiefs. With Ghiaciuc, Shields, and Goff, the Chiefs have a great, veteran interior line. With their depth and quality at RB, they'll be able to run on anyone, which will really open up the offense.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs Announce Front Office Changes
Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Because the Bengals have a long history of making the right decision in who to keep and who to let go from their roster...

Ghiaciuc anchored their OL when it was one of the best in the NFL and when the Bengals ran a Top 3 offense. He can handle the big 3-4 NT's the AFC is going to be throwing at the Chiefs. With Ghiaciuc, Shields, and Goff, the Chiefs have a great, veteran interior line. With their depth and quality at RB, they'll be able to run on anyone, which will really open up the offense.
Whoa there buddy, you haven't seen Ghiaciuc play it seems. You listed his weaknesses as strengths. He can't run block and can't handle 3-4 DT's. Our Oline hasn't been the same since Rich Braham got hurt and had to retire. There's a reason he's gone this long without being signed and the Bengals are putting their trust in a rookie or Dan Santucci.

Ghiaciuc has experience and is good for a backup. In our scheme, we need power guys and IMO Ghiaciuc is better suited for a zone blocking. He got pancaked more than a fat girl at Waffle House. The biggest drawback for him is that in the AFCN, the massive nose tackles just destroy him. He doesn't have the strength. He was the greatest weakness in our line.

I'm not saying it's a bad signing, just as Bengals fans we didn't want him back because we knew he couldn't produce in our line. He's got a lot of experience, I was surprised he went so long without at least being signed as a backup. Sometimes a change in scenary is good for a player.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah Ghiaciuc (pronounced Guy-check for those that were wondering) is a smart and athletic center. However, he's not strong enough to handle big 3-4 NT's. when you guys player 4-3 opponents, he'll be good (assuming he sees any playing time). However, with the broncos switching to the 3-4, it seems that you'll see enough big NT's that you won't be pleased him.

Also, Rich Braham was our center when we were a top 3 offense, not Ghiaciuc.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like this signing just adds a little versatility to the line. I still expect Niswanger to start at center (I think I have a higher opinion of him then most), but if there is an injury Ghiaciuc can step in at center and Rudy can move to guard. I like it.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

What are your guys projections for Larry Johnson this year, if he remains?

1,000 yard season again? Injury? Or will he half ass it? :P

I think he can get back to 1,000 yard season again if he keeps a chip on his shoulder. That will be the key though.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
What are your guys projections for Larry Johnson this year, if he remains?

1,000 yard season again? Injury? Or will he half ass it? :P

I think he can get back to 1,000 yard season again if he keeps a chip on his shoulder. That will be the key though.
Well, assuming he has competition behind him. And a lot on the line in regards to money. I'd say he's going to have a 1300 yard, 8-10 TD Season.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Its Show Time...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Default Hali hoping for a fresh start

Hali hoping for a fresh start.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1183165.html
Old 05-07-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That catch against the Raiders was insane. I was at that game and really close to where it happened.. in real time it was even better.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, this forum is dead. How you guys doing today? Who is very excited for this year! I AM!@!!!!#@#$
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Man, this forum is dead. How you guys doing today? Who is very excited for this year! I AM!@!!!!#@#$

This is why football is so popular. The fact that they don't (can't) shove it down our throats for 9 months out of the year drives the demand. I'm so pumped about the football season, but there just doesn't seem to be much to discuss at this point and I'm still not certain how I feel about this team. I'm just hoping to play some meaningful games in December, it seems like it's been forever.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs hire Donovan as executive vice president

“We are very excited to have Mark join our executive team,” said Chairman Clark Hunt in making the announcement. “Mark’s track record of success in the business of the NFL has earned the respect and praise of the entire league.”

“Mark will be a great asset to the Kansas City Chiefs as we make the transition to the New Arrowhead,” Thum added. “We are very fortunate to add his business acumen and expertise to the Chiefs organization.”

“I want to thank Clark Hunt and the Hunt Family for giving me this opportunity to expand my responsibilities and experience base at a critical time for the franchise,” Donovan remarked. “I look forward to being part of the next chapter in Chiefs history.”

Last edited by Splat : 05-21-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

We signed Donovan from Philly!!! No not that one. :P

Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

No longer a backup, QB Cassel growing into new role with Chiefs (NFL.com article)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Where is everyone at??? It's quiet in here! :)