Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 07-31-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles and Dex can both run out the slot though.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started a FF league anyone interested in joining PM me, it's free on yahoo the draft will take place the end of this month.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another camp of Jackie Battle getting talked up only to suck when the real bullets start flying, I have no idea why they keep bringing him back.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Another camp of Jackie Battle getting talked up only to suck when the real bullets start flying, I have no idea why they keep bringing him back.
Battle is a ST ace. He will very likely make the squad again, as RB4.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

With Waters either being hurt and or being a vet and missing time I would have liked to have seen Jon Asamoah get the reps with the first team that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Waters either being hurt and or being a vet and missing time I would have liked to have seen Jon Asamoah get the reps with the first team that doesn't seem to be the case.
Partly a vet missing time. Partly the team wanting to see his backups.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I hear Darryl Harris has seen the majority of snaps at left guard. Could be a bit of wanting to see different guys, could be that Harris has been around a little while and perhaps he has progressed. Any news on if Asamoah has taken snaps at center?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

From what I have heard Asamoah has been running with the 3rd team at OG, which is not a good sign but it's way early.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ohn&id=5437193

John Clayton at Chiefs camp.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting tired of the "Dex looks good BUT he's only 5'8" etc. The kid can play. Stop worrying about his height.

Oh, and Clayton claiming Thomas Jones is definitely going to be the starter is stupid.

I guess I just don't like John Clayton.

edit: I wouldn't worry about Asamoah. He's a 3rd round rookie in his first camp. He'll be fine.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 08-05-2010 at 02:19 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just got back from watching practice. I think they were taking it a little easy today, just not a whole of contact really. Some things I saw:

McCluster looks really good. About the only DB that really was able to keep up was Flowers.

The coaches set it up that Albert and Hali would face each other in OL vs DL drills. In pass pro, from what I saw, Albert won 3 out of 4 times.

Alex Magee looked really big, strong and disruptive in run drills, not so much in pass rush.

Tyson Jackson easily beat Lilja on one play in pass rush, the next play Lilja completely stonewalled Jackson.

Speaking of Lilja, he and Weigmann are much smaller than I thought.

As you may be able to tell, I focused on the lines today. The offensive line looks like it could be coming together. Albert looked good for the most part. I thought Barry Richardson looked pretty good as well. Colin Brown had some explosion and Asamoah had good bend and punch.

That's really all I have.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep us updated if you go again!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Sounds like Carr is having a rough camp, can't say I'm shocked, and I don't think Jones will start at RB but he is going to get the ball alot.

Last edited by Splat : 08-05-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Keep us updated if you go again!
I'll do what I can. Hopefully I'll have time to go again next week or so. It was a fun experience, though. I'd recommend it.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like Carr is having a rough camp, can't say I'm shocked, and I don't think Jones will start at RB but he is going to get the ball alot.
Carr having a rough end to last year and now beginning to have a rough camp, when does Arenas get a chance and does Patrick Peterson become a much more likely possibility for the Chiefs if he is available? Imagine that for a second..... Brandon Flowers, Patrick Peterson, Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis. Damn!! Would anyone pass the ball or would they run on every down?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

They can already run on us on every down and Peterson will take a top 10 pick. If we're picking top 10 we have much bigger issues than CB.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They can already run on us on every down and Peterson will take a top 10 pick. If we're picking top 10 we have much bigger issues than CB.
Agreed, if the Chiefs are picking top 10 they need to be looking at the QBs. I'm partial to Luck but there's a lot of season to go.

Actually, while looking at this team right now, looking forward to 2011 draft, there's only 4 defensive players I would seriously consider taking in the 1st round (Cameron Heyward, Adrian Clayborn, Akeem Ayers, Jerrell Powe). The Chiefs have so many premium picks invested on defense the offense is going to need a little love too. One of the four receivers (AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd) or one of the QBs.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Agreed, if the Chiefs are picking top 10 they need to be looking at the QBs. I'm partial to Luck but there's a lot of season to go.

Actually, while looking at this team right now, looking forward to 2011 draft, there's only 4 defensive players I would seriously consider taking in the 1st round (Cameron Heyward, Adrian Clayborn, Akeem Ayers, Jerrell Powe). The Chiefs have so many premium picks invested on defense the offense is going to need a little love too. One of the four receivers (AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd) or one of the QBs.
I don't think you can say that the Chiefs need a QB if they're picking Top 10. Cassel played well considering what he had to work with and behind last year (his line was just as bad in New England in 2008 ), and if the offense struggles again, there are still way more variables than QB. The only upgrades that were made were OL and RB. The receiving situation, which was the main issue with the offense in 2009 imo, could still be very sketchy depending on Bowe and how well Weis integrates his short passing game, and the TEs are all very prone to injury (which affects the receiving and blocking games). The need areas on defense are obvious.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If one of the big 3 WRs are available when we pick, it'll be tough to pass imo, even if Bowe has a fantastic season. We're fixing the line, we have a solid QB (who is tough) and we have runners.. we need receivers.

If we're picking that high though I think it'll be defense. I wouldn't suggest using another top 10 pic on a 3-4 DE, but maybe they'd do that until one sticks. Who knows.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, Pioli didn't draft Dorsey (and wouldn't have considering his health concerns going into the draft and the offer the Saints put on the table), and they were kind of stuck using him at DE. Whether they target a receiver depends on Bowe & Chambers. They need receiving help, but more in the form of slot receivers and TEs. This season's offense is very dependent on Lance Long. And that's kind of a werid and scary thought. I think he'll be fine, though.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

If the Chiefs pick top ten again and go D it better be on a pass rusher.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't think you can say that the Chiefs need a QB if they're picking Top 10. Cassel played well considering what he had to work with and behind last year (his line was just as bad in New England in 2008 ), and if the offense struggles again, there are still way more variables than QB. The only upgrades that were made were OL and RB. The receiving situation, which was the main issue with the offense in 2009 imo, could still be very sketchy depending on Bowe and how well Weis integrates his short passing game, and the TEs are all very prone to injury (which affects the receiving and blocking games). The need areas on defense are obvious.
Quote:
If one of the big 3 WRs are available when we pick, it'll be tough to pass imo, even if Bowe has a fantastic season. We're fixing the line, we have a solid QB (who is tough) and we have runners.. we need receivers.

If we're picking that high though I think it'll be defense. I wouldn't suggest using another top 10 pic on a 3-4 DE, but maybe they'd do that until one sticks. Who knows.
I believe both of you are dead on. nepg is right about Cassel's growth. We maybe in the top 10 because of our defense alone. Now, if we are top 5 again, he would had to of shown thourgh in order for him to be thought of as a franchise guy. We could be picking at 9 or 10 having gone 6-10 and Cassel could have been good. Our defense could easily lose 10 games that our offense scored 20 or more points. Agreed?

videa is right about the top WRs in this draft. 4 could be going in the top 15 or 20 and the Chiefs would have a hard time passing on any of them.

I don't picture the Chiefs drafting another 34 DE unless they trade away Dorsey, which I don't see happening. I also don't se a NT being worth a top 15 selection. I think Peterson, a QB, 1 of the stud WR, or a pass rusher being the Chiefs selection. Of course, it is extremely early.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Our D has so many questionmarks it's not even funny, and there are so many fans (not on here) that think Berry alone is going to fix it.

I love me some Berry but one player know matter how good is going to fix that mess.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I believe both of you are dead on. nepg is right about Cassel's growth. We maybe in the top 10 because of our defense alone. Now, if we are top 5 again, he would had to of shown thourgh in order for him to be thought of as a franchise guy. We could be picking at 9 or 10 having gone 6-10 and Cassel could have been good. Our defense could easily lose 10 games that our offense scored 20 or more points. Agreed?

videa is right about the top WRs in this draft. 4 could be going in the top 15 or 20 and the Chiefs would have a hard time passing on any of them.

I don't picture the Chiefs drafting another 34 DE unless they trade away Dorsey, which I don't see happening. I also don't se a NT being worth a top 15 selection. I think Peterson, a QB, 1 of the stud WR, or a pass rusher being the Chiefs selection. Of course, it is extremely early.
It really depends on where they end up picking... It also depends on if they start working Dorsey towards playing time at NT. I think Dorsey can play NT, but it needs to be a gradual process where he does it on passing downs this year and works on other things for the future... I like a few 3-4 DEs in the upcoming draft (Darius, Austin, Bailey).
Old 08-07-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It really depends on where they end up picking... It also depends on if they start working Dorsey towards playing time at NT. I think Dorsey can play NT, but it needs to be a gradual process where he does it on passing downs this year and works on other things for the future... I like a few 3-4 DEs in the upcoming draft (Darius, Austin, Bailey).
Don't get me wrong. There are some very talented 34 DEs coming up in this draft. Adrian Clayborn of Iowa is my favorite. However, the Chiefs have already drafted 2 in the top 5 and the idea of playing Dorsey at NT has been shot down by everyone at 1 Arrowhead Dr. The only one that seemed ok with it was Dorsey, himself, because he is a competitor and will do anything the coaches ask him. He has the leg size to play NT, but his upper body doesn't fit at all (to me, he looks, in person, more like a big FB than a DE or NT). I really believe he would have been working at NT during this training camp if he were to play it in a game. That kind of switch should be practiced before they throw him into the mix in a game.

I think he could and would play NT. I think Haley, Crennel and Pioli are the ones preventing the switch.