Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Darren McFadden. Do you?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post

I remember Darren McFadden. Do you?
That's when both teams were not just terrible, but awful. That was one of the few times before this season that McFadden was healthy, though.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
That's when both teams were not just terrible, but awful. That was one of the few times before this season that McFadden was healthy, though.
Hey your suppose to be on my side! Haha ya I know but I will always remember that run. So sick

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We haven't lost in Oakland in a very very long time. 2002 to be exact. It should be a fun game. I'm looking forward

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the attitude I want you guys to have. It'll make a loss sting 10x worse when you come away empty-handed. We're not known to be friendly fellows, so if your team happens to be the next [blow-out] victim, you'd be lucky to make it out of there alive. The experience can be very upsetting.

I've now given y'all a full warning in advance.
And I'm warning you now that JC is going to be breaking all kinds of records this season, starting against your run D, or lackthereof.

Man, I LOVE RAIDERS/CHIEFS WEEK!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Jamaal Charles. Do you?

Actually, that was the 44 yards TD "The Jamaal" had against you in 2009 and that was the beginning of his streak that season. I believe it opened Haley's eyes to how explosive he really was in the right blocking scheme. So, I will take this opportunity to thank you guys for showing managment how good JC really is.

This is gunna be an old school, black eye, down and dirty runfest. Both teams can run the ball. I think we are better at stopping the run than Oakland, but your passing game is better than ours. The only thing that would make this better for me is if Howie Long and Derrick Thomas were still playing, for nostalgia.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 11-02-2010 at 08:07 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
That's the attitude I want you guys to have. It'll make a loss sting 10x worse when you come away empty-handed. We're not known to be friendly fellows, so if your team happens to be the next [blow-out] victim, you'd be lucky to make it out of there alive. The experience can be very upsetting.

I've now given y'all a full warning in advance.
I appreciate the warning. Thanks.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And I'm warning you now that JC is going to be breaking all kinds of records this season, starting against your run D, or lackthereof.

Man, I LOVE RAIDERS/CHIEFS WEEK!
So do I!

Last season Charles went for 103 yards on 18 carries. I don't find it conceivable that he'd top CJ2K's output against us in week one (146 yards), seeing that our run D has improved some since then. I'm really scared of Hali, though, as he could disrupt Campbell's timing all game long, and our offense is very much based on timing.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So do I!

Last season Charles went for 103 yards on 18 carries. I don't find it conceivable that he'd top CJ2K's output against us in week one (146 yards), seeing that our run D has improved some since then. I'm really scared of Hali, though, as he could disrupt Campbell's timing all game long, and our offense is very much based on timing.
Something I've learned about Charles is that you never know what is going to happen. You might think you have him contained and then all it takes is one. single. play. That's why he's so damn exciting to watch. :)

And ya, Hali is a beast. I love him.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Dexter returns Sunday that is a major X factor.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this man wanted me to say SUCK IT Oakland.He is hungry for some Campbell's soup
Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Thomas Jones...
Old 11-03-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Veldheer playing LT? If so, he will be the main guy across from Hali.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...ing-the-Chiefs

Old 11-06-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was awesome.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The X-Factor.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post

The X-Factor.
Who, Carr? I agree!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

losing sucks....losing to the Raiders is something worse then sucky
Old 11-11-2010, 02:36 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Draft Needs?

WR is a big one. I really don't like Jonathan Baldwin though. Blackmon might be my 2nd favorite receiver behind Green. I really don't see Baldwin or Jones as elite. I wouldn't mind snagging Floyd though. Hell, we probably need 2 WRs.

OLB should be a top priority. Vrabel's on the verge of retirement, and we need another pass rusher over there to help Tamba.

I think the Center and Right Tackle positions need to be upgraded as well. I feel like our scheme is really hiding the faults of some of these guys like Richardson. He may not be getting abused, but I feel like we could do more with a better RT out there. And Casey can't play forever, so we need to find his replacement.

Lastly, I think if the right opportunity came along, Ron Edwards could be replaced. He's pretty average, which isn't a bad thing considering where that D-Line was last year, but a Wilfork-type NT could really cause some problems for the opposing offenses.

QB? Cassel impresses me more and more every week. If Locker is available, we gotta pull the trigger. Otherwise, I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season before I start calling for his head.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

is Blackmon eligible?O thought he was a soph?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
is Blackmon eligible?O thought he was a soph?
RS Soph...Who knows if he comes out.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

As far as I see it right now, our biggest needs are: WR, OLB, C, but this depends on a few things:

If Niswanger retires, C is a huge huge need. We could get someone solid in the second round, and if the team doesn't believe Studebaker can be the replacement for Vrable (I'm leaning towards the thinking that he COULD), OLB is big. Another pass rusher to help out Tamba is important. Hell, maybe even Gilberry can provide something out there.

WR is a need no matter what. Bowe hasn't been as bad lately, but he hasn't been first round material either.

If we come out of the third round with a WR, C and OLB I think we'll be happy.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

DJ Williams got pulled over for a DUI last night. Guessing he's out for the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It is his second, iirc, which means the league could suspend him.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
As far as I see it right now, our biggest needs are: WR, OLB, C, but this depends on a few things:

If Niswanger retires, C is a huge huge need. We could get someone solid in the second round, and if the team doesn't believe Studebaker can be the replacement for Vrable (I'm leaning towards the thinking that he COULD), OLB is big. Another pass rusher to help out Tamba is important. Hell, maybe even Gilberry can provide something out there.

WR is a need no matter what. Bowe hasn't been as bad lately, but he hasn't been first round material either.

If we come out of the third round with a WR, C and OLB I think we'll be happy.
That would be crazy if we nabbed a guy like Malcolm Floyd or Julio Jones from ND. D-Bowe, Floyd McCluster AND Big Moe? Scary man...
I'd also be happy with a big Nose Tackle. Ron Edwards has done great this year, but Shaun Smith really does well as an End and apparently doesn't play nose very often. I know there's a big ol' nasty NT coming out. Will be around when he's available?
I agree with you that Center is a need, I'd like the Penn State guy as the Pivot. He's got the skills, he has the lineage...I'd love him to have the Arrowhead.
In terms of Pass Rush, I think we're allright with who we have now. Studebaker can get after the passer and we drafted the guy from Troy to be a pass rushing specialist. We also have some guy named Tamba H, but I'm not sure if theres an upside to him.